1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Maybe, if I get around to it.

You don't need to set up a subscreen for this. subscreens by default let you toggle linearly through all items. It's custom subscreens that can be a problem for this header. Other than that cycling through items isn't really so much of an issue so far as I can tell. And seems to rarely be visible. If people actually start using it in quests we might get a better idea though. Most people generally just want to have an extra button for a single constant item, from what I've seen.
    Eh? Of course you need a subscreen. You can't change the item on A or B to another item without a subscreen, as the 2.50 functions to set Link's equipment make use of the subscreen layout, to page through items until you find the one that you want. Thus, if you want to temporarily substitute an item into B, if you do not have it on the subscreen, or paging through the subscreen in a linear manner would not land upon it, you would not be able to set it.

The default subscreens allow you to cycle through the default items in ZC, if that is what you mean. That is not true, if you add special/new items to a quest. This method is also horrific and slow, as it requires iterating the subscreen objects, and that does quite a lot (internally).

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.59%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    Eh? Of course you need a subscreen. You can't change the item on A or B to another item without a subscreen, as the 2.50 functions to set Link's equipment make use of the subscreen layout, to page through items until you find the one that you want. Thus, if you want to temporarily substitute an item into B, if you do not have it on the subscreen, or paging through the subscreen in a linear manner would not land upon it, you would not be able to set it.

The default subscreens allow you to cycle through the default items in ZC, if that is what you mean. That is not true, if you add special/new items to a quest. This method is also horrific and slow, as it requires iterating the subscreen objects, and that does quite a lot (internally).
    I'm well aware of all of that. But the options are limited. If someone adds an item to the default subscreen and don't match the behavior to it, they're an idiot. I can't help the stupidity of others. The quest developer needs to understand how this works and adjust their quest accordingly. If there are improvements I can make to this for an official ZC release let me know and I will try to get to it before school starts up again and sucks me back into the void.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    I'm well aware of all of that. But the options are limited. If someone adds an item to the default subscreen and don't match the behavior to it, they're an idiot. I can't help the stupidity of others. The quest developer needs to understand how this works and adjust their quest accordingly. If there are improvements I can make to this for an official ZC release let me know and I will try to get to it before school starts up again and sucks me back into the void.
    I don't know when that would be mate.

2.54 is close to Beta, but I need to finish implementing all of the datatypes and some less dramatic stuff. It sucks, as I lost the combodata vars in my HDD crash. I thought that I had committed it to the repo, but apparently I did not, so I have the added bonus if doing that again. It's a mere 83 instructions .

...plus some new stuff that I was prepared to append to it. Ugh.

Alpha 21 will be close to what I envision as 'Beta 0'.

Banned
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.32%
    A few small updates to the header. Nothing to get all worked up about.

I completed the example script for creating a new item slot. It of course requires you to have a space for it to draw on the subscreen. You adjust where it goes with the constants XSLOT_X and XSLOT_Y. Unfortunately it seems the coordinates for Y in the subscreen editor are a little different than Zscript so a little guesswork and trial and error goes into that. I made a little demo quest for this one. Use L and R to change the equipment in the X Slot.

The demo file
    The script file
    Any chance you might have an updated download link for that script file?

Thread Information