150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    Remembered another one: I hit the hard-coded limit on days in the first Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (for the GBA), so the game would freeze every time I tried to move to another location. I ended up losing all of my hard-trained characters (that I had ground up to level 50 with a Lord of Toads trick).
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.13%
    Probably my loss to Drew in Soul Calibur II: He wasn't a competitive player and that one stuck with me for too long. Probably the worst loss of my playing career.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.92%
    I'd say the entirety of Mass Effect 3, although it's mostly because it was hyped and foreshadowed as something that it wasn't. There's a difference between taking back Earth, and running away from the enemy then pressing an off switch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    I'd say the entirety of Mass Effect 3, although it's mostly because it was hyped and foreshadowed as something that it wasn't. There's a difference between taking back Earth, and running away from the enemy then pressing an off switch.
    I never got into Mass Effect, but my old roommate was nuts for the games. The way he looked at part 3 was, the entire game was the ending to the series. He's one of the few people I've met that wasn't disappointed. He insisted that the three options were the only possible outcomes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.92%
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliem View Post
    I never got into Mass Effect, but my old roommate was nuts for the games. The way he looked at part 3 was, the entire game was the ending to the series. He's one of the few people I've met that wasn't disappointed. He insisted that the three options were the only possible outcomes.
    He's talking about the ending though, I'm talking about the entire game. I've played many games with bad endings before, but if the game itself was good enough, it would never bother me too much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    He's talking about the ending though, I'm talking about the entire game. I've played many games with bad endings before, but if the game itself was good enough, it would never bother me too much.
    No, sorry if I wasn't clear, he was talking about the entire game too.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Probably my loss to Drew in Soul Calibur II: He wasn't a competitive player and that one stuck with me for too long. Probably the worst loss of my playing career.

-James
    I've had losses like that in Smash Bros. I've won tournaments, so a defeat to a Pikachu spamming strategic Thunder attacks and generally buttonmashing is just horrible to think of.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.75%
    Today: Fiddling with TEdit (terraria map editor) to fine-tune my sky castle and avoid doing all the tedious/monotonous shite manually (i.e. laying a bajillion wall tiles manually). Accidentally the contents of all my chests. But I can just edit chests to loosely rebuild all the stuff I had. It's only shitty because it's tedious to do. Not nearly as tedious as getting all that stuff back manually though.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.44%
    Having my battery die on my Gold Zelda 2 cartridge. Was playing through it and made it the third palace and Decided to save because I've been playing all day...
    So when I started it back up just to find that my save file was not saved. even though I saved it.

Man that sucked badly... Well anyways Its not the worst I guess?

What about this then back when Paper Mario came out I was playing and I was pretty far in the game but for some reason my file got deleted some how...
    The game still held the save files just fine but some reason my file would just get deleted out of the blue... I thought it was my mother or brother or something but I was playing it saved it and quite and started it back to see the file was gone again... I'm guessing It was a bug in the game or a bad cartridge.

That cartridge still does it to this day and I don't know why. :\

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.32%
    Freya, the last secret boss of Star Ocean 3.

For people not familiar with the boss, she basically blankets the screen with an attack that kills you in one hit every few seconds. There is a way to survive her, but it basically involves fusing eight warrior boots onto versions of the final weapons that got completely uncursed without getting any +1000s on them to make your defense ridiculous. This process involves spending hours and hours futzing with the game's horrible crafting system and a lot of resetting, so I wasn't going to do that.

Instead, I had this strategy. Leave Sophia on manual control, standing in the corner. Use one of those items that makes you invincible but unable to inflict damage for 20 seconds on Cliff and throw him at Freya, then nuke Freya from a distance with energy blast.

This strategy was very effective, as Sophia was there to revive anyone who died and stayed out of danger. But Freya has 20 million HP so she takes a long time to kill. I worked this strategy for a little over an hour. Then, for a split second I accidentally took Sophia off manual mode. In this split second, she chose to do a physical attack. Now, in this particular game, when you attack, that action can't be cancelled until either the action completes or you get hit. In this split second, Maria and Cliff were also right in the middle of attacks. So all three of them rushed Freya at the same time, I had no ability to control any of them, and I died.

I'm a big fan of the Tales and Star Ocean series but CRAP is it irritating to deal with the horrible ally AI and stuff like that.

My major problem with Mass Effect 3 isn't the ending so much as the fact that your actions in previous games had no impact on the story whatsoever.
    Last edited by Jirin; 10-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Thread Information