Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    A copy and paste from Pure, but whatever.

There are so few people posting in this thread considering how dangerously close the release date looms. Seriously I have been watching Chippy, HERO, Tobuscus, Yrimir, and everyone elses' Let's Plays and tutorial videos and have seen some pretty remarkable things.

So yeah, this post contains spoilers. A bunch of them.

Spoiler: show

It seems like 1.2 pulls a "Pokemon Red/Blue" sort of thing, where when you create a world, it actually splits a few things between one option or the other. For example, your world can contain Tin OR Copper, but not both. Lead OR Iron, but not both. Platinum OR Gold, but not both! I think there's Tungsten too, probably for Silver. Just an estimate though.

Best yet, there's the Corruption OR the Crimson. They're substitute for one another. It's amazing. They both have their own enemies and area layouts. It's one of the most impressive things I've seen.

Also incredibly impressive is rope. You can find it in pots or buy it from the merchant. You can put it on a background, or lay it horizontally, and if you jump on it and press Up, you can climb on it! If you lay If you combine 5 or so of them, (Or was it 25?) you get a rope coil, which you can throw at a ceiling and it'll suspend 5 or so lengths of rope. You can also drop more rope to the bottom of a length by putting it on any part of it, so you don't have to be climbing on the bottom area of a rope to connect it to the bottom part. So you can be at the top of your new hellevator and just keep adding rope to the bottom. Sweet. They also have chains (1 Iron/Lead for 5 lengths)

We all know that there's a minimap, and we can walk up slopes, and one block high blocks. The Pickaxe now takes over all functions of the hammer except the removal of the backgrounds. Now, the hammer removes the backgrounds and also toggles the state of blocks between sloped, half-block, and regular.

Gems' graphics have been changed to look more like what they're supposed to represent. They can also appear in-game in a variety of different ways, such as on the sides of blocks, in stone as always, and some other neat ways. It's also possible to make a green grappling hook from just 15 emeralds, if I recall correctly. No more hunting for hooks!

There is now often a hidden pyramid in the desert biome. There is a passageway (From the 1.2 trailer) that snakes its way down for a bit, then you can find a golden chest right out in the open, very easily. It has either a Pharoah vanity set, a flying carpet, (Think, hover boots from TLOZ.) or a Sandstorm in a bottle, which is like a cloud in a bottle, but for your first jump. It extends the jump a bit.

Then there's the Clentaminator which you can buy from the Steampunk girl, whenever you get her. (No idea how.) You can load it up with "Purity gel" or some-such, and it pretty much sprays non-hallow non-corruption over a fairly large distance, and very easily at that. There is hallow gel and corrupt gel as well, which she will also sell you after specific world events. It doesn't even eat the gel up as fast as the flamethrower eats slime gel.

There is a rain event! It will rain for an unspecific amount of time, during which you will find the rare'ish zombie in a raincoat, the slime holding an umbrella, and the goldfish walk. That's all during the night. During the day, it appeared as if flying fish (20 HP each) assailed you like bats. They're decently weak though. Oh yes. Also, yes, you can loot the rain gear and the umbrella. ... ... ... and the goldfish. ... Because it's a goldfish.

The Crimson Biome is sufficiently creepy. The trees are now "Shadewood" trees, and drop Shadewood instead of regular wood. I doubt there's much of a difference though in terms of functionality, but it does make shadewood stuff instead of wooden stuff. Pretty neat. Great for theming obviously. The mobs in it are also very different. There are spiders that crawl along the background. Everyone seems to hate them. All Crimson biome enemies drop "Vertebrae," which when you combine 15 of them at the Crimson Altars that are all over the place, they form a Spine, which summons the Brain of Cthulhu. It appears and disappears and shoots mini-enemies at you. The tools and drops from the Crimson are considerably more badass than from the Corruption Biome, though that doesn't make them stronger. Maybe slightly. Whatever.

The Ice Biome is also really cool. If I could have the soundtrack from Phendrena Drifts from Metroid Prime to it, I certainly would. It's all chill and stuff. Pun possibly intended. But it's really impressive. You've got eskimo zombies, (The overlooked, though correct term is Inuit zombies, for you politically correct folk out there.) You can find ice chests, and even ice torches (however they work...) there.

A feature I really enjoyed seeing was the extractinator. You put in slush or silt and it gives you a random tiny amount of ore and gems. Pretty sweet, huh. So don't go skimping on that silt!!

I'm sure I'll remember more later. But there really is a lot more to showcase. It's entirely absurd how much new content there is. There are currently over 1,600 items in the game, which is almost a thousand more than the game had before the patch. The amount of NPCs has doubled. There are 13 new musical tracks, and 19 new NPCs.

Red is putting the game up on steam Monday night, for a Tuesday download. I'm pretty sure I'm locking myself in my room on Wednesday. Goodbye, sun. Goodbye, moon. Goodbye, work. Goodbye, spoon. Apparently.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    19 new NPC's? Wow, that's crazy, and I have to build homes/cells for them all!

My brother's been using Amazon's "free" server service for Minecraft, to see how it works out. That may be an option if someone wants to try it. It lags when there are more than two people on at the same time, but I think that's due to Minecraft's memory requirements. Hopefully Terraria would run better on it.

I can't do any hosting, but I would love to play on a server with everyone. I have a pretty flexible availability.

edit: Possibly a Pure vs AGN pvp world? For a little friendly competition?
    Last edited by Xyvol; 09-29-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: idea
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    You tell those folks at PureZC that I will build a rad floating sky castle. I am down with this 100%.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    I'm in too. Draw boobs all over the landscape I tell you what.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    So...much...content...
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    @ShadowTiger Any update? I do believe we are all jonsin' to build.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    Yeah what's the dealio? I had to start over but I'm down for a server

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    I like how there is wood armor, makes it easier to make armor within the first two minutes of playing. I've gotten tin, lead, and platinum like you wouldn't believe, more so than the copper/silver/gold variants.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    Magic weapons were nerfed. I used to be able to rain death on enemies with starfury but now it has like a half-second cooldown and only fires ONE STAR. Bastards.

I also still find it painfully annoying to dig around for ores so now i just summon the eye of cthulhu for the ores he drops.

... BRAIN of cthulhu? oh boy! I'll probably get murdered though.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    I'm nowhere near as good as others who play this. I'm trying to fight Skeletron, and he stomps me hard. Granted, I've only got 120HP (only found one heart container so far), but with this ice sword I got that shoots iceballs out every 1 second of swinging for 10+ damage each, I've been able to make it to the Shadow Orbs (hearts) in the Crimson. I just don't have a nightmare pickaxe to bust through to get to them. Skeletron is the only boss I have access to (does he even drop the proper hellstone for the pickaxe?)

Keep in mind I have platinum pickaxe, a dope-ass 16 damage magic ice boomerang, tunsten helm and armor, and platinum greaves. Also, I dig the pink dyed raincoat.

Thread Information