User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen Pre-Launch Trailer!

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    What are the system requirements??? o_o;

It's completely tanking my laptop. I'd say it'll run at maybe 5 fps, and the sound is very choppy. Pretty much impossible to do anything. It also takes up about 600MB of RAM.

I have a Core 2 Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4GB of RAM, and nVidia graphics. It's not a speed-king, but it can play Half-Life 2 without a hiccup, and emulate some Gamecube games.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    I had downloaded this around Christmas and given this a try also, just forgot to reply here, sorry. I got past the intro stage seemingly no major problems, then, when I try and play any other stage I get major lag. (dual core 2 GHZ 2 GB RAMI AMD GPU - It's fast enough to run ppsspp and desmume games). This game seems very well done too.

jman2050: I don't know what GM is doing here, but it's not good, apparently. I attached a profiler to Toad Mans' stage, but unfortunately I selected the non-main thread which left out most symbols and gave some goofy results: It said that DSOUND is consiming 60% CPU on one thread, which can't possibly be right?!? I'll try it again and see if I can get something more useful.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%
    Just found these replies just today. Sounds like something serious. I know JMAN is looking into optimizing the code and stuff, so we'll see how it runs when 1.4 is released later this week.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%
    I just noticed that this thing exists. If the game is as polished as the Trailer looks, then this is probably the best Megaman fan game to date! The lack of original art assets is kind of disappointing; it appears to be more like a remix of the old games than a new experience. However, since I really liked the old games, that should work out fine for me! I'll definitely be checking this out.

Hats off to JMan for (apparently) nailing the mechanics and physics of Megaman games so well. Did he open up a ROM and check the code they used, or did he just reverse engineer it by eyeballing the way it ran?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%
    Ver 1.4 is out! Thanks for all the patience and stuff during this time while we fixed a crapton of bugs and offered you D-Pad support. Finally! No more sliding woes for those who were stuck utilizing joysticks! We also addressed the issue of having the Mega Buster not blast through weak enemies as well as increase the speed of Rush Jet slightly to make it more speed runner savvy. There is a bunch more we did but you can check out the dev log for that on the download page (http://rpgmaker.net/games/2406/downloads/)! This 'should' be the final, definitive version of the game file now!
    As for the biggest addition: Hard mode! It is truly sadistic with an increased amount of enemies all placed in the wrong spots to completely screw you. Not to mention you take double damage from everything! So upgrades like the Recover Chip, EX Recover and others will suddenly become quite important to you. I know it can be beaten buster only because I've done it. But I don't think it can be beaten without taking a hit. Good luck to anyone who attempts that challenge!
    Enjoy the game again everyone and for those who have yet to play it, enjoy it for the first time!
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    I still need to finish this. Its very well put together but man, it's tough! I lost my progress when my computer crashed last month, so I'm going to have to start over. I guess I'll pick up the latest version to do that with.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%
    I did find one bug where Centaur Man's running SFX continued to play after I died and until it happened again in the boss fight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasel View Post
    I still need to finish this. Its very well put together but man, it's tough! I lost my progress when my computer crashed last month, so I'm going to have to start over. I guess I'll pick up the latest version to do that with.
    I'd love to see a backlogged stream of this when it finally happens. Since I probably won't actually be there at the 'right place and time' to watch the stream live.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlameWolf View Post
    I'd love to see a backlogged stream of this when it finally happens. Since I probably won't actually be there at the 'right place and time' to watch the stream live.
    I understand. I need to get my streaming software reinstalled because I haven't done that since the crash. Then I can hopefully get the whole thing recorded and finally get a review done.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.4%
    I fired up the game yesterday, finally. It is as good as the videos make look. Megaman's movements are fluid and easy. Game rocks off with your socks off. Easily my favorite thing I've seen on this forum other than zquest itself!

Minor nitpck, it wouldn't recognize my Xbox 360 controller. That would have been nice.

Thread Information