9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.51%
    I also haz not had the opportunity to buy a Wii U yet, due to getting myself in trouble and game/music productions. Hopefully I'm out of the dark water with the trouble issues, I'm still going to be working on this game for awhile though.
    I might be able to afford one before the weather here gets cold, but that also depends on if I have to actually find a new place to live or not and other things like that too.
    Will let you know as soon as I get one though... Zombie U looked interesting enough for me to like the console.. I already said this before too but Earthbound is still a product I'd buy.. Even though that "pull my needle" bit with Mother III with the drag queen gypsies or whatever they were was a little odd.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.7%
    Hahaaa, now I get to bug the hell out of Kolt by ringing him up constantly. And drawing penises. TECHNOLOGY.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.85%
    You can do video chat with Wii U?!? I didn't know that. Very cool.

I plan to get a Wii U later this year, so I'll have to give it a try, although with the number of games already released and coming in the near future, the idea of getting a Wii U is daunting because I'm afraid I won't be able to play everything I want! I feel like I'll always be playing catch up. Heck, I have a backlog of a few regular Wii games as it is. But I guess it's not a terrible problem to have. Seriously, I don't know how anyone has the time/money to own more than one console... I guess if you don't have a job maybe, ha ha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.51%
    I finally got one. I'll get back to you on a Wii number later. For now is Tingle Bottles and ZomboneU all the way.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.51%
    Okay, got my wii u back, and SM 2 and Ghosts, CoD. My ID is Mighty_X. I am having difficulty finding how to get a number to post for friends.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.75%
    You don't need a number. You just need to post your network ID. Mine is listed in the sticky post along with a few others. You can post it here or in that thread and one of us can add it to the list.

If anyone else got a Wii U post your IDs too. Especially if you plan on getting Mario Kart 8.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%
    I'm gonna be getting the MK8 bundle at the end of the month. I'll be posting mine then. Looking forward to racing some of you guys.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Super Marxio Brother GrantGreif's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.74%
    I got the Wind Waker HD bundle, which comes with a download code for the game, (obviously) a themed game pad and a download code for a digital copy of the Hyrule Historia, which I thought was pretty cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.54%
    I think I'm going to pick one up sometime this summer. Beyond the two Mario platformers, Donkey Kong, Wind Waker, and Mario Kart, what's some compelling software for ye olde Wii U?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliem View Post
    I think I'm going to pick one up sometime this summer. Beyond the two Mario platformers, Donkey Kong, Wind Waker, and Mario Kart, what's some compelling software for ye olde Wii U?
    I have really enjoyed the NES Remix games. If you aren't familiar, they take a handful of classic games, introduce you to them by completing a series of challenges/scenarios and then remix the games into challenging and unique stages for you to complete. They are both good in their own right, but Remix 2 I think has the better game selection overall and has more features, like the ability to see someone else's run so you can see how they made their time, etc. For the price though it's worth getting both and you will be able to try some games you probably haven't played from the NES library. There are also a couple modes that are unlocked on Remix 2 if you have both games downloaded.

I am supporting it because I hope the Remix concept can expand beyond just Nintendo properties and maybe into other systems (SNES please) as well. They will only consider that if these continue to sell well. That being said, there are other decent downloadable games. Duck Tails was pretty good. An updated version with some twists and expanded stages... but the downside is way too many added cut-scenes (which you can skip by pausing and skipping from the menu).

I know you already mentioned it but the Mario titles are well done. I still have to finish Super Mario 3D World, but so far it's been a lot of fun to play. I am hoping to go through it with a friend soon which I think will make it even better, though it still stands alone just fine as a 1p game.

Obviously the games coming out will be the big ones - mainly Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and whenever a new Zelda title is finally announced. The newest addition of the Game Boy Advance titles is nice. Metroid Fusion has always been a good game. So really the Wii U has plenty going for it depending on your style and what you like and it will continue to grow and get better as more of the big name games finally surface.

Thread Information