Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.9%

Sick Bug Demo EX Quest Extra Mode broken in 2.50

Doubly sad because I had to play through the game TWICE (once with the zc.com quest download, and once with the different version that comes with ZC v2.1) to confirm that this is indeed a problem with the new game version. Since the quest is not editable and I don't have editing experience anyway, I can't really say anything about the nature of the problem.

It seems like from what I remember, every few seconds the game is supposed to shift you from one map to another, each representing a different phase of the extra dungeon emerging from the ground. In v2.50, instead, it seems to shift you to the same map over and over again every few seconds (noted by your character being teleported to a standard position every so often, but all other displayed things remain). As a result, you're stuck in the first frame of the emerging dungeon "animation".

I was looking forward to reviving interest in this epic challenge by posting a hint guide for it, but now I can't get to the last part...oh, woe and unrequited love!

...In other obviously unrelated news, I beat Demo Quest EX in one sitting and without saving today: 5 deaths, 5:08:12. Beat that!

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like an easy fix in the quest file or a perhaps not so easy compat bug fix. I'm not entirely sure what version of ZQuest DemoEX was last saved in, however. It might be from an old beta version and it should simply be updated to a 2.5 quest file in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by maharito View Post
    ...In other obviously unrelated news, I beat Demo Quest EX in one sitting and without saving today: 5 deaths, 5:08:12. Beat that!
    Not too shabby. Not too shabby indeed.
    Back in the day I beat it with with 0 deaths. :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.9%
    Oh hey, I was just checking in. This forum seems awfully dead for there just having been a major release. Perhaps I can help fire up new interest in Zelda Classic. I graduate in a month, and then I'll be free to try to promote some of this stuff, perhaps through Youtube playthroughs.

Glad to see you're active, Gleeok; I remember the name. Good luck with the fix, and keep me posted. I look forward to finishing this quest. Any other classic-style challenges like this one?

EDIT: I could've probably shaved half an hour off the time, but I am a completionist and insisted in picking up every single item and opening every single passageway in the game (including all bombable walls). Ended with 16 rupees short of a perfect inventory. So call me nutty.
    Last edited by maharito; 04-09-2013 at 10:46 PM.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Yeah, it's been a little slow here since the site got rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by maharito View Post
    Glad to see you're active, Gleeok; I remember the name. Good luck with the fix, and keep me posted. I look forward to finishing this quest. Any other classic-style challenges like this one?
    You ever play James Quest 1? That would be next in line difficulty-wise after DemoEX for challenge oriented quests, and is a personal favorite of mine. I'd suggest checking that one out. :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like an easy fix in the quest file or a perhaps not so easy compat bug fix. I'm not entirely sure what version of ZQuest DemoEX was last saved in, however. It might be from an old beta version and it should simply be updated to a 2.5 quest file in that case.
    It was made in 1.92 Beta 1.83.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.9%
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuppetSB View Post
    It was made in 1.92 Beta 1.83.
    The one packaged with 2.10 is "version 2.10.1" and was made with 2.10. Gleeok's probably figured that out by now, but whatever. It's weird the error happens the same way in two different versions.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    It used to be possible to offset overworld DMaps, but someone thoroughly disallowed that at some point. Fixed now.

Thread Information