Your statements are highly contradictory. You say you are okay with people expressing dissenting opinions but a dissenting opinion by very definition has the potential to turn people away. Even if you suppress their ratings, people are still able to communicate through other means and they will surely tell others what they truly think there. And if a site gets a reputation for suppressing or altering user opinions/ratings then it loses all credibility. I don't take any rating on purezc seriously anymore ever since the Lunaria scandal and now this.

I don't think a highly visible bad rating turns your target audience away from the game anyway. I mean when I picked up Armageddon Quest it was 2 stars. When I picked up your quest it wasn't rated at all probably because you deleted the bad ratings. And Type B players know about and most have played LoH and LoH:IE and the initial rating bombings from type A players didn't deter them. It did deter other type A players though and I think that is a good thing - type B quests should not be played by type A players simply because the two camps have very different ideas of what is good enjoyment.

Finally, I don't see why it really matters to you so much that other people play your game or not. Did you make the game to please others? If yes, then you'd be playing by their rules and making the next Lost Isle. If no, then why would you care? I agree that its a nice feeling if someone says they like your game but it pales in comparison to your own enjoyment and satisfaction of playing your own work.