152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I have heard good things about Higan but with a low end PC and no support for OpenGL I cant check it out. Same goes for Dolphin which I believe also requires OpenGL. Stupid integrated gpu...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    Yeah, higan is a double-edged sword there. It's the most accurate emulator for those systems, but because it replicates the hardware so perfectly, it is pretty demanding.

Dolphin is a bitch to configure, and the only game I ever got running well was Wind Waker. I was able to play through Twilight Princess and Super Mario Sunshine, but only Wind Waker ran smoothly for me.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%
    Wind Waker was choppy for me and the audio wasn't processing right...I'll have to try it again sometime.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    This is the first time I've heard of the Higan Emulator. I'll have to take a look at that for sure! Though on the topic of Dolphin I've tried many times running it in the past but the only game I got running half way decent on it was Luigi's Mansion but it had an audio stutter that was totally unpleasant to listen to.

I've many GC/Wii games on Dolphin on my Current system and I just don't think my CPU can handle that emulator, but on the other hand PCSX2 does run but I just no reason use it. Not when I have my PS2 modded to play DVD-R backups using the ESR patching system.

I will say that there is one emulator that I wish I could have gotten running on my system... It was called RetroCopy it has a 3D launcher thing that is like a customizable house that you can place varios TV/Arcade of your games (Sega/NES/SNES/GB/GBC?).
    I never could it to run good, I can say through I think it was made where you could make your ultimate man cave on your computer for free xD

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Mainly:

SNES - SNES9X
    PSX - psX
    PSP - PPSSPP

I avoid higan, most (all?) ePSXe plugins and thus ePSXe, and DesMuMe simply because they will busy-loop all of my CPU into oblivion; I don't feel the need to have a dedicated gaming rig for the occasional retro-day.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Mainly:

SNES - SNES9X
    PSX - psX
    PSP - PPSSPP

I avoid higan, most (all?) ePSXe plugins and thus ePSXe, and DesMuMe simply because they will busy-loop all of my CPU into oblivion; I don't feel the need to have a dedicated gaming rig for the occasional retro-day.
    Yeah those emulators alone certainly aren't worth the processing power. I like 'em, but my PC is my primary gaming machine.

I've ever tried PSP emulation, though - how is it?

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    I've tried higan, but it's always been twitchy for me, even on a high-end system. I'd always end up having to play with the audio settings for each individual game.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliem View Post
    I've ever tried PSP emulation, though - how is it?
    PPSSPP is actually one of the most optimized and clean emulators I've come across. If I ever get an OUYA that's like the first thing going on there. :)

Been a year since I checked game comparability so I assume most the standard titles will be playable all the way through. Last game I played on it [Star Ocean 1 remake] there was an interesting bug where the player sprite was always drawn in front of the background layer. Turns out Tri-Ace was (intentionally?) exploiting a stencil buffer behavior quirk on the psp GPU. I've only ever had that issue plus one random crash while state-saving, and of course, the occasional game-dependent graphics glitch on every emu since systems started using GPUs.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    PPSSPP is really worth checking out, its updated regularly and has a wonderful GUI that easy to use. It runs most games at full speed.
    @Gleeok I think they have finally fixed that Star Ocean: First Departure issue. I have to game but I have to rip it to test it but I'm lazy and just feel like doing it :|
    But from what I seen on the ppsspp forum the issue has been fixed at least I think it was?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    When I do play emulators, I use these:

FCEUltra for NES
    ZSNES for NES
    VBA for GB and GBA
    And one called Stella for real old-school Atari 2600. Yes, I still play those on the odd occassion.

Are there any good PS2 emulators out there? My PS2 died a few weeks ago and I'd rather not have to spend the money to replace it.

Thread Information