35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    @TheDarkOne there is a ps2 emulator called PCSX2 (http://pcsx2.net) <-Homepage. It works pretty good but really needs a pretty decent computer to run it. I can run it alright I guess but I like sticking to the real deal system along with my FreeMCboot Memory card.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Well, I do have a fairly decent computer (a Dell Inspiron) but my main question is if it works like some PSX and PS2 emulators, where you can insert a actual game disk into your computer's CD-ROM drive and it will run it like it was an actual PS2. I once had an emulator (for PSX) that worked like that and I'll be darned if I can remember what it was called.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    Well, I do have a fairly decent computer (a Dell Inspiron) but my main question is if it works like some PSX and PS2 emulators, where you can insert a actual game disk into your computer's CD-ROM drive and it will run it like it was an actual PS2. I once had an emulator (for PSX) that worked like that and I'll be darned if I can remember what it was called.
    Yeah it can run the game from the actually disk in the drive but there might be some lag playing a game that way on it. Best bet is to use something like ImageBurn and make a .iso rip of your ps2 game and load the iso of the game to play, it gives 80% performance boost!.

And that emulator for PSX you are thinking might be Epsxe I believe it has the loading from real disk option (Which was a godsend for when I started emulation xD).

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    One other question before I go downloading that emulator...does support Gameshark or CodeBreaker codes? I tend to use a couple of enhancements on the games I play. Well, okay, I cheat, but when you really think about it, the odds are stacked against you in almost every video game since their invention. So I use some cheat codes that level the playing field.
    Last edited by TheDarkOne; 10-11-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    One other question before I go downloading that emulator...does support Gameshark or CodeBreaker codes? I tend to use a couple of enhancements on the games I play. Well, okay, I cheat, but when you really think about it, the odds are stacked against you in almost every video game since their invention. So I use some cheat codes that level the playing field.
    I believe you can use this http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/44-cheating.html <- to convert codebreaker codes to .pnach where pcsx2 can use them. Heck You could also do this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2...Game-Shark-etc <- if you don't want to convert raw codes. (Its pretty simple).

Nothing wrong with cheating people can play anyway they feel they need to, heck I cheat on games as well. I play JRPGS and if I can I do cheat for max money where I don't have to grind for cash sometimes.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    If I don't want to create ISO mages from my games, would the emulator allow me to use the CodeBreaker disk in the usual way (insert the disk, select the cheats, select the Start option, insert the game disk) or would I be required to create the CodeBreaker ISO? I ask mainly because it says the emulator wants a v10 CodeBreaker and mine is v9. The v10 CodeBreaker is extremely hard to come by, and the emulation site I know of does not offer PS2 software.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    I just had a Codebreaker ISO that I'd run. It works pretty much the same way Codebreaker works on real hardware.
    But yeah like Ventus said, if your games run poorly, or if they're unplayable slow, rip an ISO and they should run better. This is becuase, from what I understand, PC DVD drives spin at a different speed than PS1 and PS2 disk drives.
    Last edited by Aliem; 10-12-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Meant to say Codebreaker, not Gameshark.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    @TheDarkOne Don't worry you can use your v9 of codebreaker it should run just fine. If you really want to find a v10 of codebreaker take a look around google and see if you can find an iso of it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    I hate to keep bugging you, but...is this emulator backwards compatible with PSX games like a real PS2? I aks because I have a few old PSX games that I still play (mainly Final Fantasy 7-9 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Sadly its not backwards compatiable, but you could always go get epsxe for psx emulation and you'll be perfect

Thread Information