User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is your pill of choice?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yellow Pill - Mindreading

0 0%
  • Green Pill - Flight

3 21.43%
  • Blue Pill - Athleticism + Life Shortening

0 0%
  • Orange Pill - Freedom of Mind

0 0%
  • Red Pill - Internet Mind

1 7.14%
  • Pink Pill - Shapeshifter

6 42.86%
  • Grey Pill - Touch of Love

1 7.14%
  • Black Pill - Visions of the Future

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The 8 pills.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.1%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Mind reading would be nice. This is definitely a contender.
    Flight in my current form is something I dream about on a weekly basis. I don't know how this isn't the winner for me.
    I'd almost choose to become a master hockey player if a) it didn't shorten my life and b) the NHL wasn't locked out.
    I don't get high; I get drunk. And getting to that drunken state is half the fun.
    My phone is my Internet access and I almost always have it on me.
    I have no desire to be anything else but me.
    I'm happily married. I'm also loved by many people. I don't need this one.
    I really don't want to see my future for fear of seeing my inevitable failures.

Green wins. I take flight.
    You don't know how it isn't the winner but it's the winner? Get in chat, nub.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.12%
    Easy-peasy, I choose pink.
    Yellow pill: seems like it could be more annoying than useful. I really do not want to know specifics of what guys are thinking about every seven seconds.
    Green pill: the human body is not that aerodynamic. If I am the only one with access to the pill, it would make me a target. If others have access... well people cannot manage to watch where they are going on a (geometric) plane and I do not think I trust a bunch of people to do any better in three dimensions.
    Blue pill: professional athletes are over-paid only slightly less than their corporate masters. And I already kick ass at badminton and volleyball, the only sports I enjoy playing.
    Orange pill: the stuff I am smoking now lasts at least 45 minutes
    Red pill: that is what wifi is for.
    Grey pill: what is the point if the love is forced? Besides, I am fickle and do not need ten stalkers.
    Black pill: I already have this ability although I tend to think of it as "pattern recognition". And it is a hassle... no one wants to hear "I told you so."

-m.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.86%
    Before I can even begin to decide, I'd have to start by identifying and prioritizing what are the most important desires for my life. For myself, lets say health/safety, wealth, happiness. In that order. Happiness is ranked lower because it is generally a side-effect from satifying the previous two.

With those goals in mind, here's how I analyze each pill.

Yellow Pill: I'm assuming that this only lets you read a person's surface thoughts, not their memory. This makes the pill of questionable usefulness. Most people go about the day thinking of pretty inconsequential things that pertain to their own interests. Gleaning anything useful from a person's surface thoughts requires being around the right person (someone who knows something worth knowing) at the right moment (when they happen to be thinking of that thing that is worth knowing). The chances of success go up when you confront that person to trigger them to think of that useful thing, but confronting that person could easily turn into a liability, especially after they catch wind that you know something you shouldn't.

Green Pill: Directly inferior to the pink pill. With the pink pill you could turn into a flying creature. There are many examples why being a flying creature is more useful than being a flying human. Turning into a gnat or other small insect would allow you to fit undetected into areas that would normally be off-limits. Turning into a hawk would allow the additional benefit of superior vision. You would be a fool to choose this pill.

Blue Pill: Unless all you care about in life is to go down in history as some sports star, this pill is terrible. Way too much of a Faustian deal for my tastes. Would never pick.

Orange Pill: This is just ridiculous. If your goal is to get high, the combination of wealth, connections, and privacy which could be attained by properly utilizing the other pills makes this pill directly inferior.

Red Pill: This could be very powerful for the wealth factor if the pill allows you to peer into the private areas of the Internet (such as the email accounts of government officials and financial industry insiders). The information could allow you to time the stock market to great effect, however 6 hours may not be enough time to find the information you need. Not a bad choice, could do better.

Pink Pill: I'm going to rate this pill very highly. In addition to the benefits laid out in my critique of the green pill, this pill allows you to have experiences that would otherwise be impossible in life with the potential to greatly enhance your happiness. Don't tell me you haven't fantasized about turning into a hot chick for a limited period of time, even just in the privacy of your own home. Shape-shifting into another person can also play into the wealth factor if used creatively. If your exploits ever get you in trouble with the law, it would be easy to turn into someone or something else long enough to make a getaway.

Grey Pill: I'm going to lay it right out: love is overrated. You will never find lasting happiness in another human who is just as flawed, if not moreso, than yourself. Ten honeymoon periods is just not worth it in the long run, especially considering that when you are rich you will have all the women coming your way that you could ever hope for. And yes, they will love you as best a woman knows how.

Black Pill: The most interesting for last. So far the Pink pill is the reigning champion. Whether the black pill beats the pink pill really depends on a few specifics. Is the future that this pill lets you see anything you can change? If you see the future exactly as it will happen, no matter what action you take, this pill could be severely limiting. If the future is determined, would it even be possible to utilize this power by making choices different than the ones you otherwise would have made? The "hassle to your daily life" when used publically makes this sound like it could be more trouble than it's worth. What does "using your power publically" even mean? That you allow people know know that you can see the future? Would using this power to play the stock market (wealth factor) count, since you would clearly be indirectly affecting others with the choices you make with this pill? I think this pill is just a little too dodgy for me.

High Tier: Pink/Black
    Mid Tier: Yellow/Red/Grey
    Shit Tier: Green/Blue/Orange

I cast my vote for the Pink Pill.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.1%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    I really do not want to know specifics of what guys are thinking about every seven seconds.
    -m.
    Your avatar.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great View Post
    I cast my vote for the Pink Pill.
    Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Your avatar.
    Touché

-m.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.47%
    I voted for black pill, although its usefulness varies tremendously depending on what kind of universe we live in / the fine print of how the pill functions:

If the future is non-deterministic, i.e. the pill shows you the "most likely" future and it constantly shifts depending on your actions, then this pill is absurdly powerful. Obviously your covert manipulation of markets and politics ensures you all of the money and power you could ever want. Need to manipulate someone? Plan out one approach at pulling their strings, and instantly know how well it will work out. Adjust until you succeed. Need advanced technology? Start a company of scientists to carry out your R&D, and have them start improving on the technology of 5 years from now. Now you have access to technology 10 years into the future. Repeat as needed. The "downside" of your life becoming chaotic isn't really one as you'll obviously never tell anyone you have the gift of foresight -- and even if you did, you can see your enemies coming from 5 years away, chances are you can stay plenty of steps ahead of them.

If the universe is deterministic -- you can see your future, and can't do anything to change it -- but your future life takes advantage of the black pill gift (plenty of interesting paradoxes here), I would probably still take the black pill. The downside now is that you're really living 5 years into the future -- and if anything happens to you in that future, you have a long, boring wait ahead of you as you await your fate. But anyone with the black pill's foresight and even a little wisdom should be able to secure for themselves nearly infinite resources -- for that I would gladly trade an eventual five years of powerlessness.

If the universe is deterministic -- you can see your future, can't do anything to change it, and your future self acts as if you never ate the black pill -- then the pill is a horrible curse. Turns you into Cassandra, basically.

So in either of the first two scenarios I would take the black pill, as its power is far and away greater than any of the other options, and my ambition would not allow me to pass it up. The pink pill is probably the most fun, though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.72%
    As I said in the thread about this on PureZC, I choose the black pill. It's pretty OP being able to direct one's own future by knowing the impact of every decision one makes.

Thread Information