User Tag List

Thread: Man gets 90 days for manslaughter!?

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%

Man gets 90 days for manslaughter!?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21...ughter-gets-90

Well seen this story on the news this after noon and Some guy killed his infant daughter... And the judge only gave him 90 days? What the hell is wrong with that judge?
    Is anyone else disgusted by this? I think the guy should'v been put in prison to rot until he dies.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I'm sorry but what sentence do you believe makes up for the death of a child? To clarify that would be manslaughter nor murder. You want to send a man to prison for life for manslaughter? Yes, what happened is an awful thing but incarceration is equally awful. It does not rehabilitate. It does not deter crime. A man that is testified as a great father kills his daughter in a moment of lost control needs therapy not years in prison.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I'm sorry but what sentence do you believe makes up for the death of a child? .
    No sentence really makes up for a death of a child...
    but I do believe in an Eye for an eye. he kill his kid. so I think he should face a bigger punishment instead of 90 days.

To clarify that would be manslaughter nor murder.
    Opps Typo on my part :| Could someone edit the Title the topic to manslaughter?

what happened is an awful thing but incarceration is equally awful. It does not rehabilitate. It does not deter crime. A man that is testified as a great father kills his daughter in a moment of lost control needs therapy not years in prison.
    I don't think therapy will help with anything. I really don't. I mean it might but there's always the chance that it don't and he just flips out again and commits manslaughter again?
    He may have been a great father but that does not make him any different from other Child killer's I've seen. right now.
    I just don't like anyone that could hurt a baby or a child.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.16%
    I'm with the judge on this one -- the child's death is clearly a tragedy, but it doesn't sound like the father acted out of malice. The current judgment ensures he will never be in a position to repeat his terrible mistake. What would throwing him in jail accomplish beyond that?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.1%
    It sounds like a case of manslaughter (based on the very limited information provided), and if 90 days is within the sentencing guidelines, so be it.
    However to be perfectly frank, this guy should have been evaluated earlier when he named the baby Sailor Serenity.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    I don't think therapy will help with anything. I really don't. I mean it might but there's always the chance that it don't and he just flips out again and commits manslaughter again?
    He may have been a great father but that does not make him any different from other Child killer's I've seen. right now.
    I just don't like anyone that could hurt a baby or a child.
    Well that is a prejudice on your part. Therapy has been proven to work, especially with people who have emotional problems. Prison on the other hand is proven to not work, and in fact does harm. You call him a child killer like he abducted a kid and left him/her in a ditch. I don't know if you have kids but if/when you do you realize that they cause an amount of stress on you that is significantly higher than most people deal with. Some people cannot cope with that level of stress, they haven't learned how to deal with the situation and they freak out. This isn't an excuse for the crime but it is significantly different than someone who kills for other reasons. Therapy, parenting classes, and the shame of his actions will teach him the lesson far more than any punishment that can be given. There is a reason you don't really see repeat offenders of people who killed because of stress.

Have you heard of the saying, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.1%
    Well that is a prejudice on your part. Therapy has been proven to work, especially with people who have emotional problems. Prison on the other hand is proven to not work, and in fact does harm. You call him a child killer like he abducted a kid and left him/her in a ditch. I don't know if you have kids but if/when you do you realize that they cause an amount of stress on you that is significantly higher than most people deal with. Some people cannot cope with that level of stress, they haven't learned how to deal with the situation and they freak out. This isn't an excuse for the crime but it is significantly different than someone who kills for other reasons. Therapy, parenting classes, and the shame of his actions will teach him the lesson far more than any punishment that can be given. There is a reason you don't really see repeat offenders of people who killed because of stress.

Have you heard of the saying, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"?
    But SUCCESSOR you're forgetting how good it feels to throw a stranger in jail and ruin their life with the collateral consequences. It's what judges beat off to at night.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    If I was a judge I'd be fapping to my annual salary.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    19 year-olds make bad parents.. :\

I can also agree with that. The guy is an idiot, not a murderer. Best you should be able to get him with is manslaughter, child abuse, etc.

Side thought: I wonder how many other babies have died similarly throughout the last 5000 years of human history? Probably lots.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Thread Information