40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    6 has a lot of problems, looks like it's untested.

1. Keys are unobtainable for no way to get in rooms.
    2. Bocok/Shutters not set in the room left of the Sword Swipe Room, leaving a part of the dungeon inaccessible.

Level needs work.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    Ugh, you're right, there is one key that is on my notes for that level which somehow is missing from the actual file. I will add that (back) in, and put in a walkthrough for the level.

But the room east of the swipe; it's a one-way exit. If you're trying to go north from there, you can't.

EDIT: Uploaded new version. I have no idea how that key went missing....
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i...it?usp=sharing

Spoiler: show

Level 6 walkthrough:

From the entrance, go east twice, kill the enemies, and push a block to reveal a passage.

You arrive in a room with a Like Like. Go east once, collect the key, and then go east again (if desired, the prize there is the compass).

Backtrack west 2 rooms. Bomb the south wall and proceed.

Kill the enemies, collect the 5 rupees, then open the door to the east. You should now have no keys (unless you have extra from previous levels, which I do not rely on).

A room full of Red Darknuts and the boss door to the east. Kill them if you need bombs. If you don't, you can just bomb the south wall and proceed.

Aha, a new enemy! Kill these guys, and push the block to open a passage. Note the southern door that you have no key to open.

A room with 3 Dodongo Babies, and 2 Keese. Should be simple by now. You can go west or north, but let's go west first as that is optimal.

Ah, a new tricky room. Looks like the key you need is held on the other side of those blocks. Kill what you can, then use your whistle (you did purchase the hint from an info-seller in the OW, right?) Walk to the other side of the room and finish up, collecting the key, then backtrack east.

Go north this time.

Optionally, kill these Zols and stand in the sand when you blow the whistle. That gets you the map. If going for speed, just continue west.

Simple room, kill the Keese, or not, up to you. There is a hidden path here, but you don't know that yet. Continue west.

Go north, it's all you can do.

Go west again. Kill the enemies if you like, it can make it easier the next time you pass this way.

Ugh, a push-the-block-room. You can't go backwards, but you can go north (with your key) or south, if you missed it.
    Either way you go, you're going to come right back into this room. If you had the ladder already, and went south, then you could take a shortcut back to the entrance, but you don't have the ladder yet.

Back in the block room, push it again, going the only way you can, which west.

Kill the Ropes in this room. I suggest bombing the north wall for a hint that will be useful very soon, if it weren't so cryptic. Damn you, Imzogelmo!

In the Rope room, go west. Lots of going west in this dungeon.

Since you were good and took the hint, you know what to do here. Kill the Keese if they get in your way as you maneuver the invisible maze and go south.

A room full of Red Bubbles. Tread carefully, and go south. The odd lava tiles are a hint, not a bug.

Kill some of the Gibdos if you need bombs. Now you have a choice, east or west. Optimally, go east

Kill the Dodongos. Or don't. You don't win anything here. Bomb the east wall, and go in, grabbing a key.

Back into the Dodongo room, you can go south or west. Optimally, go back west.

Go wet again. A money or life room, oh no! Pay up, and go north.

Kill the Patra, or if you are weak, just run. Use the key you have and go north.

Using the blocks as cover, kill the zillion Darknuts, which should be a hint that this is an important room. Push a block, and collect the ladder (finally!).

Go back south, south, east, east, to the old Dodongo room, only this time, go south.

Kill the enemies here, for a key. Then bomb the west wall and proceed.

Go west again, using that last key.

Kill all the surprisingly easy enemies, but do it blindly, as the floor is invisible. Collect the boss key.

Now to backtrack. East, east, north, west, nroth, north, east, east..push the block...north, north. Cross the lava this time, and open the boss door.

Not that hard of a boss, considering the level. I killed it in one hit, but that was probably luck. Go south, to the Triforce room.

If you want the sword swipe, ignore the Triforce and bomb the south wall.

Go east, talk to the old man for a clue about an upcoming enemy. Go east again.

Kill the Gleeok, find the passage.

Kill the Gibdos. If you leave the room, it takes you eventually out of the dungeon, collecting an extra key on the way. This is fine, but not what I suggest. Find the passage in here, and take it....

A room with Baby Dodongos? Yep. Run away, nothing to see here. You have to go west from here.

Collect the sword slash technique, then go west to walk out, or go east and take the passage back to the room with the Gleeok. I suggest the latter.

Backtrack west twice, then north, collect the Triforce. You're done!

And when you get to level 7:
    Spoiler: show

Level 7:

Enter the dungeon. Go east.

Kill the enemies, and collect the key. Go back west.

Go north, using the key.

Go north again. Kill the Keese, then push the 2 blocks in such a way you can go north. Bomb the wall, and go get a key.

Go west, into a maze path room. You don't know how to go through it yet. So go back east unless you enjoy randomly trying different paths... Even if you do, just go back east.

Go south twice, and east once. Walk through the north wall.

(Quickly) Kill the Gel Tribble, then work on the Keese. It opens up the way forward. Ignore the passage for now, and go north. You can do it, yes you can!

Use your whistle, find the secret passage.
    (I think I'll change this to a mix of sand and tile, so as to make it obvious... right now it's rather random).

Use your ladder to dodge while you kill these enemies, and when you come back, there will be no red bubble. It's deliberate. Go north from here.

Old man with a cryptic clue? And a boss door? What?

Backtrack south, take the passage back out.

Go south, then take the passage.

Kill some enemies, then get the map under an Armos. Go south.

Kill the Moldorm, and collect the key. Go west.

Kill the Manhandlas, get the compass. Backtrack east and north.

Bomb the east wall. Kill all the enemies. Don't take the passage (yet), as it's a trick. Go north, trust me on this one.

In this room is the totally-missable Magical Key. You have to push all 4 blocks, in a specific way, to get it though. You should know the pattern by now.

Backtrack south, taking the passage. It's a one-way, and it takes you back to a room you've already seen.

Now you are ready to tackle the maze path, so go west, then into the maze path.

Complete the maze. You will hear a sound letting you know you did it, and there is a small visual cue. Otherwise, you may be confused here.

If you don't have the Magical Key, go south, kill some bad guys, get a key. Otherwise, go west.

Don't even bother, just go south.

Go south again, but you have to cross a fun-looking room.

Bomb the west wall for a familiar hint from an old man, but the way forward is east.

Go north, find the push block and passage.

Whoo-hoo, a break! Grab the money and go north.

Light up the room, and go north again. Kill Moas to desired kill level.

Enjoy the rare room where you must kill stuff to proceed. You will then go through the shutter door to the east.

Feed the Goriya, and go north.

If you're brave, go grab the potion. Otherwise, go east. If you have the Magical Key, this won't be an issue. Otherwise, I hope you got the spare key from level 6.

Yikes, hard room. Run away! (Go east)

You've seen this room before, but not on this side of the barrier. Kill the enemies, then consder carefully what to do, as this is one of the most difficult rooms in the game. Push the block that will move, and then take the passage.

As you exit the one-way passage, you're going to go south, then west, then north, then east twice. You should pick up the boss key along the way.

Go back north, then east, to the former Feed the Goriya room. Take the east path this time, into the maze path, and then east again.

Find your way back to the old man who told you the path solution, and unlock the boss door.

Go into the boos room, but surprise, you're not done yet. Go north.

Kill bad guys, collect treasure.

Backtrack to the passage, and walk through the west wall.

Go west, complete the maze path. Same as before, go west, south, south, east, north, and take the passage.

Go north, north, east, north, east, and east again, to the aforementioned "hardest room".

I call it the hardest room because there's another passage. Push the block, ignore the passage, then push the other block. Take the second passage.

Land in a room, go east, slay the beast. Go south.

Pick up the Triforce. Victory is yours!

P.S. There's a hint on the OW about the chicken. You may want to follow through on that before you go on to level 8.

Level 8 is pretty straightforward. There is one wicked secret, but it only has 2 passages (one which is a massive backwards shortcut). It relies more on hardness of enemies, and features a boss that is really tough, since my bosses generally are not the highpoint of the levels. I strongly urge you to take a red potion into that fight.

Level 9 is hard. Perhaps too hard. I am almost certain I'm going to thin it out a bit.
    Last edited by Imzogelmo; 12-26-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    The Lv. 6 bug is still not fixed. (thanks for unpasswording your quest so I can find bugs a little better, and I can play my own music testing. :) )

Thjere's still no way to access Screen 54 or that sequence.

You need to find a way to make that section accessable.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The Lv. 6 bug is still not fixed. (thanks for unpasswording your quest so I can find bugs a little better, and I can play my own music testing. :) )

Thjere's still no way to access Screen 54 or that sequence.

You need to find a way to make that section accessable.

-James
    I see how you might say that...
    There's a script in screen 42 which removes the obstructing block if/when you get the Triforce. That allows you to exit all the way out of the dungeon, if you so chose. The purpose of the block is so that you can't get the Triforce through the back door without beating the boss... If I could detect the boss having been beaten, that would make a better condition to check for. I'm not quite sure how to check for that, though. I'm open to suggestions of how to achieve that better, as long as you don't say walk-through wall (those only appear in odd-numbered levels).

EDIT: Stupid me. I see how to do it now. It's a quick change, too.
    Last edited by Imzogelmo; 12-26-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    Updated with the quick fix above, as well as some other changes to address difficulty issues:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i...it?usp=sharing

Changes:
    Removed some enemies in Level 2. Made the path to the item easier.
    A few overlooked rooms with Bubbles not the first enemy were switched around. I think there are still 2 in the whole game, which were intended.
    Removed some enemies from a particularly hard room in level 9.
    Changed the script in level 6 to detect the boss being defeated, not the collection of the Triforce.
    Wrongfully walk-thru blocks in level 5 made solid.
    Made it so 2-block puzzle in level 5 is a little more obvious. The same kind of puzzle later in the game will not be flagged as such.

@Nightmare : I think you originally had an older version of the quest, as several of the early bugs you found were some that I found in my playthrough (missing return point, murder in level 2, bubbles out of order in level 1). So, there were a couple of other OW secrets that had been added to the 11/16 version, which may be important.

I forgot to remove Darknuts from level 1. D'oh!
    Last edited by Imzogelmo; 12-26-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    I'll go playing around in 1 and 2 in a bit, 5 is much better, but 6 is still screwy. There's still no way to access Screen 54, period.

Please make the door west of the swipe open. It's the most logical solution to fix it, and makes the most sense quest-wise.

Edit: Remove the Blue Goriyas and some of the Mini-Dodongos on the way to the Raft. Everything else in 2 looks OK. The stronger enemies should discourage people from taking the wrong path.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-27-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    zelda014.png

You can get to screen 54 from here. Note that in the old version, the block disappeared only if you took the Triforce. It now is tied to defeating the boss. (In my tests, I found that a save file from before the script change won't work even with the new file, but if you collect the Triforce in the old version, you will see the block disappear, as it does now with the defeat of the boss).

Map of the level, perhaps it can help:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ix...5ZMjdvZEE/edit

EDIT 2: I could open up the one-way on screen 74 without harming the flow, but my fear is that it would be too confusing when seeing the block that can move but nothing opening. Once on screen 64, there should be no way to go up or right, as that could lead to sequence breaks.

EDIT 3: I've removed the Darknuts in level 1, replacing with Ropes and Stalfoses. I also have removed the Blue Goriyas in level 2 along the path to the raft, except the solo one guarding the raft itself. I took the Dodongo Babies from 7 down to 3 in the room just prior to it. I cut a couple of Darknuts from level 6's treasure room also.
    Last edited by Imzogelmo; 12-27-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    Completed 6 and 7.

1. Did not need to remove the Darknuts from that room in 6.

2. Green Gibdos don't animate properly.

Onto 7!

Edit: 7 beat. Some of the secrets were obscure, but generally, easy level. Moving on!

Edit 2: Level 8:

1. Damn, business picked up!
    2. Different color for Fire Gleeok please. No excuse for that one.
    3. Fire Gleeok's fire glitchy.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-27-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    Accidentally double posted-- nothing to see here--
    Last edited by Imzogelmo; 12-27-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    I told you level 8 was hard. XD

The boss of level 8 killed me a lot of times. Seriously-- BRING YOUR POTION. I toned it down ever so slightly, so it's not quite as bad as when I ran through it (I can elaborate more if needed), but it's still quite tough.

EDIT: Changes in pending update:
    Level 1 - Darknuts gone, replaced with Stalfoses and Ropes.
    Level 2 - Blue Goriyas replaced with Red in path to the raft, except the solo guy in the actual treasure room. Went from 7 to 3 Baby Dodongos in previous to treasure room.
    Level 6 - Ladder room bumped up to 9 Darknuts.
    Level 7 - whistle->secret room altered cosmetically, to make it more in line with similar secrets.
    L2 Gibdo's animation fixed. Whoops!

@Nightmare : I'm not sure what you mean about the color and fire of the Fire Gleeok. Perhaps I have an offset wrong?
    Last edited by Imzogelmo; 12-27-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Thread Information