Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%

Game types: Who, what and why?

In my early years of gaming I remember inviting friends over to my house after school and some of them posing the different (but similar questions) about what type of 'two' or 'multi-player' games that I had....
    I feel like a jerk, but I have always judged people by this...a ton of people over the years have asked do you have (insert here) this 'sports game'.
    I'd always try to hide my distaste in their choice and comply.... (I own a lot of games and always have....so I probably had what they were after).
    I guess my point was....if you wanted to play football....let's 'go the fuck outside and do it'...."I have one 'right there'.....
    Were these people really gamers? Well, I think they have made an industry and niche in gaming genre...
    Madden, was a breakthrough in technology...a lot of people may not remember this...but the audio tracks in games was strictly for sound effects and music... not 'cause and effect' commentators, calling 'play by play' information.
    This took up a lot of space and posed different rules and interesting new methods in programming...It is really odd to think...Madden was an amazing breakthrough in video game history....but it really was...

Okay....back to my point.

Are these A-holes playing 'Idle' games the same fricken jerks that I brought over to my house that wanted to play a 'sports' game even though they were on the 'football team'?
    I played an idle game by accident one day...all I have to say is....."WHAT THE FUDGE?!" and "WHY!!?"
    I actually got about 10 minutes into it and realized, 'I wasn't playing the game.....the game....was playing me....
    There are a tremendous amount of people playing these things...and all I can think of is a video I once saw of a little animal called a lemming. Cute as they were, following the dumb fuck leader...to it's death.....

Anyways....Id love to see what you think....

J~
    A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

Mitch Hedberg

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%
    Although sports games can be fun, what's the point of them if you can go out and do it yourself...

I can't go outside and stomp out goombas. See, that's a game!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Although sports games can be fun, what's the point of them if you can go out and do it yourself...

I can't go outside and stomp out goombas. See, that's a game!

See? I likw how you think.....at least A is A and B is B.....However, stomping 'goombas' could be pretty gross....

J~
    A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

Mitch Hedberg

Thread Information