5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...lpha-sapphire/

Can't say I didn't expect this, buuuuuuuuuut.

*fangirl squeal*

Gen 3 is easily in my top 3 favorite Generations, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    I found out about it myself about 10 minutes ago and was in doubt until I saw the video and looked it up on seribii.net. Why was I skeptical? I found out about first on gamefaqs (and we all know how things can get there)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the hospital to have my heart resuscitated.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%
    I personally, am disgusted by this. I shelled out over $200 for Pokemon X and Y, and now they're asking for another $80 from me (for both versions)

My answer, is no, no, no.

When games are released every year, it causes issues. No one's survived it. Guitar Hero is out of the gaming business. Madden and Call of Duty are down over 35% from last year, and Call of Duty has been declining pretty rapidly. Honestly, Pokemon can join them if they don't have any common sense to wait 2 years between releases. I don't like my games becoming worthless in a year.

So honestly Nintendo, go fuck yourselves.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.09%
    Um, you don't have to buy them? I don't know what you're freaking out over. Odds are you'll only need one game maximum if you even care about playing through the Gen 3 games again.

I don't really see how X and Y are worthless now either. Even Diamond, Pearl and Platinum still sell for a good amount.

As for me, I'm likely passing on these. Remakes just really bore me and I still have a functional Emerald with the cloning glitch which won't be in these. I'll reconsider if they add new content to the games other than like the Mega Stones for Latios and Latias. (Not confirmed but extremely likely.) I'm a huge Latios and Latias fan, but these mega evolutions make them look horrid to be quite honest.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Come on, Nightmare. You and I both know its a supplemental release. It is for people who play(and loved) the games 10 years ago and those that never have; also the fanatics who buy every release. You are talking like this is a major release. They don't expect a major return on this. We all knew it was coming. The major releases meet your criteria: Black and White - 2011, X and Y 2013, something new 2015/6. What was diamond and pearl? 2008? Calm down, boy.

I haven't bought a pokemon game since Pearl and since I don't have a 3ds generation device I won't be grabbing this game at launch. I never buy launch anyway. Maybe if I get a 3ds somtime. I never finished the original games. Though, raising pokemon team is a Full time job. I don't have time for that shit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    I personally think Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will do better than X and Y, considering how much of a disappointment those two games were, and how good Ruby and Sapphire were.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    New trailer that shows Groundon and Kygore for a bit with their abilities activating and a (semi) release date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DyEDmQ83s

No sound for the ability animations, but knowing that its coming worldwide this November lets us know when to prepare our wallets (for those of us getting either/both of these).
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriya View Post
    I personally think Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will do better than X and Y, considering how much of a disappointment those two games were, and how good Ruby and Sapphire were.
    I don't think that will be the case. Besides, from what I understand X and Y are doing very well. At least as well as Black and White before it. I think OR and AS will do well, about as well as Black 2 and White 2. Heart Gold and Sol Silver did extraordinarily well but they we more of a major release. Platinum had already been released as a minor update. HG and SS added quite a bit to the franchise plus there was no other major release in sight.

With the way things have picked up since Black and White fans will expect a Major release about 2 years after X and Y and will no doubt see OR and AS as padding for those who haven't already jumped on the current generation. I think a lot of people will hold out to see what's coming next. Seems to me pokemon generations have a much shorter lifespan these days. I wonder if fans are feeling cheated or that the franchise is losing heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.92%
    Yeah... two weeks after I track down and buy a legit Pokemon Emerald cart on eBay, Nintendo makes this announcement, go figure. It's okay though. I skipped Generation III the first time around, but I still need the Regi Golems to (fully) complete the Pokedex in my Heart Gold game. I figure that was a good excuse as any to go back.

I don't know how much more Pokemon I have in me. I played Red and Gold long ago, then Heart Gold and Platinum, and now Emerald. I skipped Black and White and Black 2 and White 2. X & Y look interesting, but it's disappointing to me that the whole game is not in 3D (even if it's subtle), plus there's just too many Pokemon. I'll never "Catch'em All" ever again. If they make a 3rd version for Generation VI, like Pokemon Z (which may be possible cause of Zygarde), I may bite again.

Thread Information