Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.94%

Bush/Armos help

I am running into an issue with the 2.50 gameboy tileset. Whenever I make a slashable bush or an armos, the under combo goes back to being an inert bush/armos. The inert bush isn't slashable nor is the armos statue activating, but they remain an obstacle.

I looked through several tutorials and couldn't find an reason why this is occuring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%
    So... you slash a bush, and the undercombo is a bush that you cannot cut. You activate the armos, and under it is an armos that will not move...

Well, all I can suggest is check the undercombos. Also, if there are any layers on the screen, make sure there are no undercombos or flags on the screen you're using. I'm not entirely familiar with the newest 2.5 build so I don't know if I'm much help here, but thats my .02.
    Revival of Link - coming... I don't know. 90% finished and lost motivation to build after a sudden increase in interest

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by Valientlink View Post
    Well, all I can suggest is check the undercombos. Also, if there are any layers on the screen, make sure there are no undercombos or flags on the screen you're using. I'm not entirely familiar with the newest 2.5 build so I don't know if I'm much help here, but thats my .02.
    I tried with no under combo and with the slashed bush or floor as the undercombo. The item appears appears with the bush/enemy with the armos, but the bush or statue remains. The resulting bush is not slashable nor does the resulting statue turn into another armos as if I had place the bush/armos combo as the undercombo.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Are you working with layers? Make sure there is nothing on other layers.

Is the bush combo type slash->next? If so make sure the combo next to it (in the combo pane) is set to a walkable slashed bush combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%
    If there's any way you can provide a screenshot or video capture, that would help a lot. I can understand what your problem is but I'm still not totally sure what you mean here.
    Revival of Link - coming... I don't know. 90% finished and lost motivation to build after a sudden increase in interest

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.94%
    If there's any way you can provide a screenshot or video capture, that would help a lot. I can understand what your problem is but I'm still not totally sure what you mean here.
    <removed suspicious link>

This is an example. I have both bushes and armos in the quest.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by tomduo View Post
    <removed suspicious link>

This is an example. I have both bushes and armos in the quest.
    I attempted to check out the file you linked to. Mostly, I will be honest, to see if it was safe. I am suspicious of all archives. It seemed to be, however, a executable disguised as a rar file and that just makes me nervous. I removed the link. In the future please use an image hosting site to post screenshots on AGN. There is no reason to place screenshots in an archive anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%
    I've heard of those. They are executable files that are supposed to download the real file(s) for you, and most of them screw with your web browser settings. However having not seen what he posted I'm not totally sure, either way it seems like a bit much for image hosting.

Imgur is probably my choice site.

http://imgur.com/

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.94%
    I've heard of those. They are executable files that are supposed to download the real file(s) for you, and most of them screw with your web browser settings. However having not seen what he posted I'm not totally sure, either way it seems like a bit much for image hosting.

Imgur is probably my choice site.

http://imgur.com/

After I slash the first time.

Slashing again, where the under combo isn't going to the slashed bush. The resulting undercombo is unwalkable. It's a Bush->Next continuous combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%
    And this issue occurs on other screens, right? Maybe you could use flag 16 on those bushes.
    As far as I know, the bush-> next combos are supposed to grow back, and become unwalkable (which can create the scenario your screenshot shows). It seems like something may be wrong with that.

Thread Information