57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    I play Guild Wars 2 on a daily basis. The ability to inflict conditions on your enemies is a pretty big part of the combat system. This results in these amusing logic defying situations:
    Poisoning ghosts
    Burning things underwater
    Making elementals or machine creatures bleed

The reasoning for all this is, of course, "magic"!
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    That's true, and it's even worse in the psuedo-fighting game Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi. That had to be the most unbalanced fighting game ever, and the worst Star Wars-based game. I tried it simply because it was Star Wars, and I had read about how to unlock Mara Jade as a playable character.

Another one that had to do with weapons: Resident Evil. In Resident Evil 4, you will spend some time submerged in water, at least partially. Any gun, once waterlogged to that extent, will misfire. So how is it that Leon can spend time battling some huge monster in a lake, getting knocked into the water multiple times, and then be able to fire his gun like nothing has happened?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Okay, I know this thread has died, but another one has come to mind...

I was in the mood for something retro recently and found myself playing Zelda 2: The Adventure Of Link. Here are two things. First of all, the title saying it as "The Adventure Of Link." Wasn't that the first game? After all, it was described as an adventure game.

A second one is when you get magic spells. Usually you need to collect some item or perform some task in order to gain access to the house where the old man who teaches you the magic is (why he hangs out in the far corner of a basement is a question for another time). However, in all cases, the woman (it's always a woman) who lets you in always says something akin to "follow me" but when you go into the house, she is nowhere to be seen. Nor does she ever appear again after you learn the spell and leave the house, unless maybe one of the multiple clones wandering the town is her.

EDIT: Well, okay, the first spell you learn, Shield, the woman IS inside the house. But it still makes no sense.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Isn't there a woman in hidden Kasuto who also appears inside the house?

Also, you said earlier that Radical Dreamers had nothing to do with Chrono Trigger? That is incorrect. The interactive novel known as Radical Dreamers, for Super Famicom BS-X download, is and always was a Chrono Trigger story. It is a major point that one of your three party members is, in fact, Magus, and he is well aware in the story of Kid's connection to Schala (even if she doesn't realize it yet.)

The plot was later very loosely adapted into Chrono Cross, but canonically is implied to still exist on its own in some alternate timeline of events, via a throwaway line in Chrono Cross. Magus also says something about this in Chrono Trigger DS; basically, that due to the very nature of time travel, the Chrono Trigger series should not be viewed as a linear progression of sequels, but as an infinitely branching tree of different possibilities.

Yes, every single fanfic in existence for CT could possibly happen.
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 12-30-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Super Mario RPG (SNES), when you exit the mines in Moleville, you ride a mine cart out of the mines and land through a roof. Mario and company simply take a nap and they're fine, walking away from a mess that would have left anyone severely injured, if not dead. The worst that happens from that ride? Of the two kid moles you rescue, the baby is knocked silly.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Also relating to Super Mario RPG...why is Luigi nowhere in the game? There is only one very small and easily missed reference to him, but apart from that, he never makes an appearance or is even mentioned. At least as far as I know (I have yet to complete the game). What happened to him?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Luigi has a wish on Star Hill and he leads the parade during the credits. His only other cameo in the game (and not even in the game itself) is in the manual where he gives tips, etc (the manual DOES have a pre-release screen of Mario, Luigi, and Mallow at a banquet hosted by Valentina, which was never in the final game)

Another Mario RPG fact. Mallow's Psychopath spell can reveal what enemies are thinking (this works on ALL fightable foes excluding bosses from before Mallow joins ie:Hammer Bros in Mushroom Way).
    If you time the "attack" you get the target's HP,etc and then a brief message about what they are thinking. Some are hilarious, others from odd to plain crazy.

Where is the logic for topic relevancy?

Mallow is pretty much a sentient cloud...how can he read minds? Let alone stay in his pants? Seriously...when he "jumps" in some scenes, his pants and feet are still below him...
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by King Aquamentus View Post
    Also, you said earlier that Radical Dreamers had nothing to do with Chrono Trigger? That is incorrect. The interactive novel known as Radical Dreamers, for Super Famicom BS-X download, is and always was a Chrono Trigger story. It is a major point that one of your three party members is, in fact, Magus, and he is well aware in the story of Kid's connection to Schala (even if she doesn't realize it yet.)
    I haven't been able to get very far on that game so maybe I'm just not up to the part yet. So Magil is really Magus?
    CHRONO CROSS SPOILER
    Spoiler: show
    I know Guile from Chrono Cross turns out to be him, but there's no character named Magil in Chrono Cross.
    If I had more time to play it I'd probably get farther into it.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Guile is *not* Magus. At least not quite.

Square used to go back and forth on this subject: Guile's character began in development as Magus, true to Gil in Radical Dreamers. However, due to the context of the game's "golden ending", the magnitude of any interaction between Magus and (let's face it this thread already spoiled it) Schala would create a severe imbalance with the other 40-some-odd characters. For that reason, they went back and made him "not-Magus but still looks a little like him and has dark matter"

Now, they've gone back on that again, as of Chrono Trigger DS's ending. He *might* be Guile, but remembers nothing.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Really not a Chrono Cross player so most of what I know about it was stuff I heard from others. I was given to understand that he does turn out to be Magus. I thought that was how the truth about Kid is revealed.

Anyway, getting back on track...a very strange bit of logic in Final Fantasy 7. Cloud is revealed to be the product of genetic experimentation. He was basically a failed clone of Sephiroth and was grown in a laboratory, and all his memories (the "Cloud's past" sequence) were fabricated. However, Tifa also has memories of Cloud--he was her childhood friend. How can that be possible?

Thread Information