vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.22%

Shadowblitz16's suggestions

large things
    -Event Editor
    this would be a editor for linking scripts, secrets, triggers, animation and states to the respective link, entity, item or state

-State editor
    this would allow users to make their own states for linking to animations and global scripts inside the editor
    this would include link, weapon and enemy state

-Sprite Editor
    this would replace the sprite editor for link and weapons and misc
    it would allow users to make their own animations of any size and link them to states(see state editor)
    it would also allow them to define the hitbox for the sprites

-Screen Editor
    this would allow you to resize the screen and resize / reposition the HUD
    it would also allow you to customize the quit screen

small things
    -Link Speed Variable for Zscript as well as in the editor

-A new flag and combo type for LA style bracelet
    -A new flag and combo type for LA style pits and water
    -A new flag and combo type for diggable ground
    -A new flag for LA style knockback
    -A new flag for LA style swords //no the spin scroll is not the same
    -A new flag for LA style shields

my thoughts
    now this might be a big suggestion but overall if it is done correctly and is done in mind of quests that might not be zelda 1 based it will turn out to be a good thing
    these editors are not just changes they would allow ZQuest to be customized a lot more to peoples liking and a lot easier too

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.72%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblitz16 View Post
    large things
    -Event Editor
    this would be a editor for linking scripts, secrets, triggers, animation and states to the respective link, entity, item or state

-State editor
    this would allow users to make their own states for linking to animations and global scripts inside the editor
    this would include link, weapon and enemy state
    Neither of these seem like something that is particularly plausible. I'm not even sure how you intend that scripts would be linked... You can already call and load ffc scripts from anywhere, and the only other script that would be good to run on demand, are item scripts. Multiple global active scripts, just aren't in the cards at present.

What do you mean by a 'state'? You have screen flags, and combo flags to mark screens to trigger events, as things stand. I'm not sure how you would want us to implement anything else, give that most global scripts are tied to variables to run their conditional functions. You can place an ffc to use as a game object for the kind of state control that you seem to be hinting at, if I understand what you want at all, at all.

DMap flags might be something to consider.

Code:
    -Sprite Editor
    this would replace the sprite editor for link and weapons and misc
    it would allow users to make their own animations of any size and link them to states(see state editor)
    it would also allow them to define the hitbox for the sprites
    So, what you really want here are real sprite objects, with their own type. Usually, users use weapons, to accomplish this at present, and they define the sprite hitbox, and graphical dimensions therefrom. The alternative route, is through ffcs. Adding a generic sprite object type to me, wile useful, may be redundant. I would like to add hitboxes and related properties to ffcs, and allow them to have larger than a 4x4tile area. That might satisfy you.

Note also that adding another object class that mimics ffcs would present the same problems that we have now, with any desire to increase the maximum ffc count per screen: Namely, memory usage. Every ffc is in memory at all times, which is why they are such a finite resource.

-Screen Editor
    this would allow you to resize the screen and resize / reposition the HUD
    This you can file in the same bag as Z3 scrolling. Maybe for 3.0+ ag5 rewrite things, but in the short-to-mid-term, it just isn't possible.( It would require rewriting a large amount of zc in entirety. )

Note also, that I consider this part of me own wishlist.

it would also allow you to customize the quit screen
    This is potentially possible for 2.65 or something. you can script a custom game over screen readily, and I've done that for a few users, and for meself. I would however, like to add a font and colour selection of some sort for the in-built screens. That seems very doable.

small things
    -Link Speed Variable for Zscript as well as in the editor
    That is something that is already planned, but we'll see how it turns out. In fact, part of my schedule for new features includes some rewrites of Link class properties, to define Link's hitbox, sped, and some other goodies.

-A new flag and combo type for LA style bracelet
    -A new flag and combo type for LA style pits and water
    -A new flag and combo type for diggable ground
    All three of those sound plausible, except that these items aren't in the default editor. I would rather implement a flag editor, with 32 or so custom flags, that the user can rename, and attribute properties onto.

-A new flag for LA style knockback
    Howzat? What would a knockback flag even do/

-A new flag for LA style swords //no the spin scroll is not the same
    -A new flag for LA style shields
    Like the flags above, these have no editor equivalent. There is no legitimate reason to add something that isn't supported natively, while we can always add more general purpose flags that you can use for this. or more practical, and legitimate flags that do have editor purposes. I would like to add script trigger flags, for each script weapon type, for instance.

my thoughts
    now this might be a big suggestion but overall if it is done correctly and is done in mind of quests that might not be zelda 1 based it will turn out to be a good thing
    these editors are not just changes they would allow ZQuest to be customized a lot more to peoples liking and a lot easier too
    [/quote]

Unfortunately, sweeping changes to the editor will need to wait for a major rewrite. Adding far less dramatic things, is quite tedious. I'm not trying to sound like an arse about it... I would love to be able to patch in a way to change screen dimensions, resolution, and layout; or allow 24 bit graphics. Sadly, the way that zc works internally, these things simply aren't practical.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.22%
    @ZoriaRPG

the LA knockback flag would cause knockback to be angular and constant for link and enemies.
    although there could be several flags that could make this happen as well as knockback properties people could edit

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.72%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblitz16 View Post
    @ZoriaRPG

the LA knockback flag would cause knockback to be angular and constant for link and enemies.
    although there could be several flags that could make this happen as well as knockback properties people could edit
    I suppose I could look into angular knockback as a QR for the future. The real problem is that link.cpp is an awful mess, but I already have my sights fixed on it, for finishing some things that were never realised for 2.50, notably custom hitboxes and movement speeds. If I change knockback, I will probably add a few script settings for it, including disabling it, disabling the flicker/flash, and adding a r/w var for Link->HurtSound, so that it can be easily changed by script.

Note that this doesn't mean that every attribute would require setting it by script, but rather, I'd prefer that any additions are script controlled in addition to being set by the editor as prefs.

Just understand please, that there is no guarantee of any of this happening: Keeping ZC stable has higher priority than adding more to it.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.22%
    ok I will keep that in mind

Thread Information