150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    I gave it a try and I appreciate the effort you put into this, but I don't think I'm going to beat this quest (and definitely not within the next two days).

I've heard others saying good things about it (mainly at our sibling community PureZC), but it just wasn't for me.

EDIT: My primary deterrent was the fire shooters. I'm not a big fan of them and they were one of my biggest issues with AlphaDawg's 3rd Quest. If you are making an easy mode, tone down the number of rooms with fire shooters.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    I gave it a try and I appreciate the effort you put into this, but I don't think I'm going to beat this quest (and definitely not within the next two days).

I've heard others saying good things about it (mainly at our sibling community PureZC), but it just wasn't for me.

EDIT: My primary deterrent was the fire shooters. I'm not a big fan of them and they were one of my biggest issues with AlphaDawg's 3rd Quest. If you are making an easy mode, tone down the number of rooms with fire shooters.
    An excellent idea. I'll probably remove all of them from level 1, and tone down the intensity of later ones that fire multiple shots, so that they don't get overwhelming until you have the red ring or such.

With that added, here's what easy mode will concede:

-Enemies always return rule will be unchecked. Although, certain dungeon rooms will still use it.
    -The armory will sell the Blue Ring instead of bombs. However, it will be for a somewhat steeper price than the Moblin's shop on the other side.
    -No 3-Shot Gohmas, it's one or none. Fire Gohmas will still do a breath attack, but with a blockable fireball..
    -Boomerang and Hookshot can pick up screen items. Many Gohmas in Level 8 can be bypassed this way, and it makes picking up some safer, and others can be picked up sooner.
    -I will add a shop that sells level 2 potions, and the singular level 2 potion will be replaced with a singular level 3 potion.
    -All Manhandlas will be changed into the smaller, 4 pincer type.
    -Level 2 will remain the same, wall-hugging exploits and all.
    -Secret Level Gohma will be partly invisible, fire one shot instead of three, and take three hits to kill the player instead of one. Of course, that's 3 hits with the Black Ring. It will also have 8 heart damage combos instead of instant death ones.
    -Rings will effect Damage Combos, except for lava and Secret Level spikes, where the screen flags will switch this off.
    -No statues will shoot in level 1, and Manhandla claws (the solitary ones not attached to a manhandla), will fire with less intensity (less shots)
    -However, Easy Mode Mockery will be in full effect, you will be reminded throughout that you are taking the easy path.

Does this sound like it may be more playable?
    Last edited by Anarchy_Balsac; 08-22-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Released:

http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=562

Special thanks to Central Tree, Darunia, and @CJC

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    I have some time this week so I'll check it out. If it's anything like the last one it should give me a quick fix for my hack-n-slash action addiction. :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    It sort of is, but a lot less linear.

Thread Information