Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%

Underrated/overlooked Wii games

Recently, I've decided to dust off my Wii and give it another go. More or less, I had backed up my game library to a hard drive, lost most of my discs in a move, then something went wrong and I couldn't play the backups from the hard drive anymore, so only having a couple of games left, I pretty much stopped playing. Anyway, figured out how to get my backups working again, and it's actually made me start to enjoy playing Wii games again. Now I've gotten to thinking if there are any games out there that I might have overlooked. I have most of the big-hitters for the system, so I'm more looking for recommendations of games that might not have gotten as much attention, but are nonetheless worth a go. You know, like, I dunno, Mad World comes to mind - a game that I remember generating a lot of attention simply for being a bloody violent Wii game, but seems to have been quickly forgotten (but from what I remember, it was a decent game).
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.64%
    Super Paper Mario: A lot of fans were like "This game sucks because it's not an RPG." People were blindly put into a rage. Simply put, this game is amazing, even if it isn't an RPG. In my opinion, it has the best story out of any Mario game in existence. And overall, it's an awesome game, and I highly recommend it. *Sigh* At least Sticker Star overshadowed this game when it came out.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%
    Punch-Out is pretty good (though I'm unsure if it is "underrate/overlooked") and I like Wario Land quite a bit (again, not sure if was underrated/etc)
    The Chocobo's Dungeon game is fun to play every now and then. Super Paper Mario I've played for only a short amount of time (Gamefly rental) but I liked what I saw.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    I had tons of Wii games that I lost. No bullshit, I am a straight up pirate. I dunno what was under rated but some games I liked that I really had to search out were:

Arc Rise Fantasia - Great JRPG stuff

Lost in Shadow - interesting side scroller

Muramasa: The Demon Blade - I gave up on giving little details. You can look it up.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memory

Little King's Story

I tried that Chocobo Dungeon game because it was rated well but I never really got into it. Not saying it was bad. I might not have given it a chance to grow on me. There were others but I don't remember.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    I have played Super Paper Mario, actually, though then again as I recall, I never actually finished it. Made it pretty far though, perhaps I should put that on my to-do list.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    I have played Super Paper Mario, actually, though then again as I recall, I never actually finished it. Made it pretty far though, perhaps I should put that on my to-do list.
    I played it maybe halfway through(I can't be sure). I really enjoyed it. I just got distracted with something else and never went back. It was definitely different then early entries in the series, but they made it work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%
    Super Paper Mario is fucking gorgeous. Everyone with a Wii should play it.

I'm not sure how overlooked or underrated they are, but since they came out YEARS later in the US they might fit that category for some people, but The Last Story and Xenoblade are two of the best JRPGs of the last generation.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.77%
    Super Paper Mario was one of the first games I played and finished when I got the Wii. I was actually thinking of playing through that again sometime this summer. It's a great mix of an Action/RPG game but sometimes the excessive dialogue slowed it down too much for me. Still, it does have a good story line and lots of humorous moments as the Mario RPG series does.

Another game was Zack and Wiki, a very well done puzzle platformer. If you haven't tried it I am sure many of you would enjoy it. I like the concept but for some reason I personally had issues getting really far into it (interest wise I think) but I do see the potential there. It's a good concept.

Thread Information