Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by trudatman View Post
    I have no idea. all of this stuff is way over my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Yeah, my scripting capacities are not good enough for simulation of this caliber (and I haven't the time to dedicate for them). I could see the benefit of scripts like these, but I don't believe I have anything worth contributing.
    This topic isn't just for scripters. It's for everyone. It's to discuss ideas to improve the game that could potentially be scripted. There are people out there(like me) who can and will script great ideas for others and themselves. This is just a place to brainstorm ideas.

For instance I have been thinking about rolling. I know there are some rolling scripts out there(like press R and link rolls a short distance) but I have heard they are buggy(don't trigger warps or something). Do we have a rolling script out that works well? Do you like how it works? I'd prefer it to work by double clicking a direction instead of pressing a button. So that too many buttons aren't needed to play, especially if you have some dedicated to other things(shield, action, jump, equipment change). Do you think that would be better than a dedicated button press?

@Lynker how would you want it to work? How would it be activated? Does it just save?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    I believe the Game Over/Continue screen should be on a normal screen, from there, you could customize the screen, palette and music with the default features. All that would leave just the text options and the selector to be scripted. But I'm not sure that works or not.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    Z-Targeting!

wellthatescalatedquickly.jpg

Faith, Trust, and Sexydust. Lynker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.05%
    Basically what Shane said.

And Z-Targeting has already been done! It's actually pretty cool. xD

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Maybe... a script for larger explosion graphics from bombs? The one-tile sprite limitation is... well, just that.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Maybe... a script for larger explosion graphics from bombs? The one-tile sprite limitation is... well, just that.
    Hmm, I wonder if this would be as simple as I imagine it would be. I am thinking a global script that detects an explosion eweapon and replaces it with a scripted one. Maybe I will try it out later.

asdfnabsdnfba,sndbf

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    What about (and perhaps this is already possible) a room type setting/guy setting that only activates when the player has obtained a selectable item. A sort of advanced version of the letter>potions routine.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    Fairy in a bottle would be nice. Or otherwise some similar effect.

A script for playing random SFX for different things (example: walking over different combos, or a random SFX every time link gets hurt). Basically, a script that will play a random (from a pool of sequential SFX) sound for things that happen often. (firing arrows, swinging sword, getting hurt, etc.)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    What about (and perhaps this is already possible) a room type setting/guy setting that only activates when the player has obtained a selectable item. A sort of advanced version of the letter>potions routine.
    I think this may be possible without scripting with warping and what not. I am pretty sure you can change screen flags(room type, guy, etc), though I haven't done it. What is your idea for such a script?

Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    Fairy in a bottle would be nice. Or otherwise some similar effect.

A script for playing random SFX for different things (example: walking over different combos, or a random SFX every time link gets hurt). Basically, a script that will play a random (from a pool of sequential SFX) sound for things that happen often. (firing arrows, swinging sword, getting hurt, etc.)
    Fairy in a bottle would be nice. I have been putting off the functions I plan on doing for your bottle idea. For those who don't know we CJC posted about it here. I was thinking about adding a fairy in a bottle item in that script. Maybe when you pick up a fairy item and you have a empty bottle it you basically catch it. If not it just heals you as usual. Or would you want to catch it with an item like ALttP or OoT?

Something to think about:

If you could change or add something to Link's behavior what would it be?
    Last edited by SUCCESSOR; 11-02-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    For the fairy, it'd be better (read: easier to script and use) if you simply captured it in an empty bottle when you have one to spare. It'd also be nice if it could be triggered when you run out of HP, provided one of your bottles has a fairy. The cinematic of it reviving you wouldn't be necessary, it could just replenish the HP and maybe draw a tile of the fairy flying away.

For Link's behavior, I'd say reaction graphics for damage. I think a lot of people would want him to look like he's been hurt when he bounces back from an attack.

Thread Information