152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Also putting my log of suckishness in spoilers JIC.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    I was just asking out of curiosity. Since this is the first time, I'm interested to see how it goes.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I know. I didn't even think about it I just decided I wanted to play 3rd and 4th and figure might want to see if others would want to join. To be honest I forgot how this whole thing was supposed to work and didn't reread your post about it till now.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Geez, I'm out for one day and now I'm master of quests? Blargh!

Anyway, I think that ONE dungeon a week is fair for 3rd quest, because it's so bloody hard. Also, we should be willing to give each other pointers if we're stuck (in spoilers, of course).

For example,

Spoiler: show
    I finally beat the 1st dungeon after 25 (!!!) tries, stuck on the same run of 'must kill to proceed' rooms that Successor was frustrated with. Now... I don't know where the &*$% level 2 is. I found Level 3, and I think I'll give it a try, but with 4 hearts and a sad wooden sword I don't know how well it'll go.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.12%
    I played the 3rd a while ago but never completed it because of its insane difficulty (by the time I quit, I had about 60 deaths). I managed to come close to beating level 3, but I found it just too much to handle.
    However, maybe I should try again, see how far I can get before ragequitting.

Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    I found Level 3, and I think I'll give it a try, but with 4 hearts and a sad wooden sword I don't know how well it'll go.
    You stand very little chance there with your current equipment. From what I recall, there were plenty of Darknuts everywhere, including a room of 8 with shooting statues (That room holds a very helpful item for later on). Try to bring as many bombs as you can and when you are in non-shutter rooms or otherwise don't have to kill all of the enemies to proceed, kill all but one enemy (bubbles don't count as a last enemy here) because then they won't respawn later. Especially helpful on the overworld when you have to deal with the Lynels on Death Mountain.
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    You stand very little chance there with your current equipment. From what I recall, there were plenty of Darknuts everywhere, including a room of 8 with shooting statues (That room holds a very helpful item for later on). Try to bring as many bombs as you can and when you are in non-shutter rooms or otherwise don't have to kill all of the enemies to proceed, kill all but one enemy (bubbles don't count as a last enemy here) because then they won't respawn later. Especially helpful on the overworld when you have to deal with the Lynels on Death Mountain.
    Yeah, after killing eight Pol's Voice with a wooden sword, I decided to go find some hearts and the White Sword before going back, and in the process I came across Level 2.
    Level 2 is WAY easier than Level 1, but you'll need to finish Level 1 first to have enough hearts for the White Sword (Which turns Zol rooms into recharge rooms). It's a good place to grind up some rupees, so I pulled together enough to buy the blue ring and wooden arrow. You'll need the blue candle before you can navigate this dungeon.

And it's got three bosses in it. Seriously, 3rd quest is made of evil!

I also played a little of 4th, but I can't get through the first dungeon (4 has boss keys, and I can't find them). The actual combat is much less severe than 3rd, though, so if you're struggling I recommend switching to 4th for a while to calm down.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    I just want to casually stroll through this thread and take this opportunity to say that I beat the 3rd in one day without dying and without using "retry".

To the Gleeok-enberg! *hits a tree and bursts into flames*
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    I have to admit I am NOT a fan of this quest. Up to sixty-some deaths, made it through most of Level 3. Made it to the boss and then died, which totally sucks because it's not easy to get there.
    I'm down a key, so I'm going to grind to buy one.

This... combined with the ZQuest-based help I needed to give some other players to get through 8th and 9th dungeons... leads me to believe that this quest is just too hard for me.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Have you beat Level 2? Do you have the white sword? Don't try to push on if its too rough. Get prepared.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Yeah, I beat dungeon 2 and bought the blue ring already. Just beat dungeon 3, after finding the key that I missed. Had half a heart left by the time the boss was down, it was a real brawl.

I've already found Dungeon 4 (found it while I was looking for Heart Containers), but I need the whistle to progress further. Guess it's back to aimlessly wandering the overworld.

I did also find Dungeon 8 (I was shocked to come across it, actually), but I am NOT prepared for that.

Thread Information