User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: Worst vdeo game based on a movie?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    The list of Star Wars games that aren't any good would be much shorter. Off the top of my head, I can think of only a few, all of which have been mentioned. But this thread of is for movie-based games is general, not just Star Wars, so let's talk about another one--namely, Jurassic Park on the Sega Genesis. I think the only thing that saved that game from being a total crap-fest was the ability to play as a velociraptor--and even that lost it's charm pretty fast. I understand the SNES version of the game was very different, but I know very little about it, so I can't judge that one.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    Jurassic Park for the SNES was... Alright, from what I remember. The first-person sections were a pain, but I honestly don't remember it being either particularly good or bad. I had the NES version, though, and that was definitely bad. It kinda suffers the Super Star Wars problem of just being plain too difficult. All the enemies took tons of ammo to kill, and there was never enough ammo to kill them with.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    Almost any movie-based game made for the NES was pretty bad. I can't think of any good ones off the top of my head, and there was a number of them. Back To The Future (both versions) sticks in my mind as being one of the worst. There was also a SNES game called "Super Back To The Future" that was only released in Japan, so I know little about that one.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.42%
    The SNES game was actually pretty good, albeit very generic.

Here's some good or at least decent NES games based on films!

Top Gun (seriously)
    Little Nemo: The Dream Master
    Batman
    The Goonies (Famicom. For the rest of the world, Goonies II)
    Gremlins II
    Robocop
    The Little Mermaid
    New Ghostbusters II

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    Okay, I have looked into most of the games on the above list and yes, they are decent ones. Even Little Mermaid was fun to play, in a "be a kid again for a little while" sort of way. Top Gun was...well, I guess if you like that sort of game, it was good, but not really my thing. I was unable to find anything about the Little Nemo game. It surprises me that there would have been a NES games based on that move--when it came out, even the SNES was obsolete.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    I was unable to find anything about the Little Nemo game. It surprises me that there would have been a NES games based on that move--when it came out, even the SNES was obsolete.
    Technically, the movie came out in 1989 in Japan, and the video game was released in the US a year later. I mean, in that regard, it's a little strange because the game came out before the movie it was based on was released in the States. But still, the game did come out before the release of the SNES, it was just a couple of years before the movie saw a US distribution. Actually, I remember that being very confusing to me as a kid. I knew the game existed, though I had never played it, and then the movie came out, and I had no idea that the game had been based on the movie. It was always, "Huh, the game and the movie have similar titles, I wonder if they're related," but I never thought the game was based on the movie because the movie had come out after the game, and of course this was before Wikipedia, and I had no idea the movie was made in Japan and had already been released there.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Home Alone Lost In Newyork

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Technically, the movie came out in 1989 in Japan, and the video game was released in the US a year later. I mean, in that regard, it's a little strange because the game came out before the movie it was based on was released in the States. But still, the game did come out before the release of the SNES, it was just a couple of years before the movie saw a US distribution. Actually, I remember that being very confusing to me as a kid. I knew the game existed, though I had never played it, and then the movie came out, and I had no idea that the game had been based on the movie. It was always, "Huh, the game and the movie have similar titles, I wonder if they're related," but I never thought the game was based on the movie because the movie had come out after the game, and of course this was before Wikipedia, and I had no idea the movie was made in Japan and had already been released there.
    That was my mistake, I was confusing the movie Little Nemo with the movie FINDING Nemo. Oops. The titles of the two movies got a little jumbled in my head. If you think about when Finding Nemo came out my post makes a little more sense.

As for Home Alone LINY, don't even get me started! The movie was already bad (just a re-hash of the first one), and the game even worse.
    Last edited by TheDarkOne; 12-12-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    Oh oh OH, okay... yeah, it makes a LOT more sense now. Your post seemed a little odd, but I thought that was just because of confusion owing to the fact that the game came out before the movie it was based on, which yeah, that confused me, too. I mean, I didn't get why you were saying the SNES was obsolete, but again, I was kinda just thinking that you were thinking the game was released after the movie, and had also somehow mixed up the NES and SNES. Which yeah, if you substitute NES for SNES, and assume the Little Nemo game came out after the movie, the system would've been obsolete by the time the game came out. Too many Nemos, man.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    For me I've always been a been a huge fantasy fan. So when they made an incredible film adaption of Lion Witch and Wardrobe I was hyped for a video game released. Such video game did not meet my expectations at all.

Thread Information