vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%

About the new compatibility rules

I remember when the new compatibility quest rules were added in 2.50.1RC1:

Old GOTOLESS Behavior
    Old Lens Drawing Order
    No Fairy Guy Fires
    In 2.10 and lower, fires do not appear in guy rooms with a fairy guy, and the message string and invisible barrier have no functionality.
    Continuous Step Triggers
    Downward Hookshot Bug
    In 2.10 and lower, the Hookshot can pass downward through solid combos.
    Fix Open Door Solidity
    No Solid Damage Combos
    In 2.10 and lower, solid damage combos do not hurt Link.
    Old Hookshot Grab Checking
    Peahats Are Vulnerable When Frozen By Clocks
    In older versions, Peahats could be damaged when frozen by a clock picked up by Link. With this rule off, Peahats are invincible when frozen by clocks.
    But out of all these, I was only able to fill in information on 4 of them; the 'No Fairy Guy Fires' and 'No Solid Damage Combos' rules to be exact. I'm not too sure what any of the other quest rules are supposed to do, so could somebody please explain the rest of these?
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 05-04-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    I forgot to mention this earlier, but I've filled in some information on 2 more of these compatibility rules (Downward Hookshot Bug and Peahats Are Vulnerable When Frozen By Clocks). But I still need information on the following rules:

Old GOTOLESS Behavior
    Old Lens Drawing Order
    Continuous Step Triggers
    Fix Open Door Solidity
    Old Hookshot Grab Checking

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    Old GOTOLESS Behavior: In early 2.50 builds, ZASM's GOTOLESS acted as "goto if less or equal" rather than "goto if less."

Old Lens Drawing Order: In 2.10, some secrets revealed by the lens were drawn on a different layer than they normally are in 2.50. Without this rule, combos on layers might incorrectly cover up what the lens shows.
    Link to the Heavens with and without the rule:

Continuous Step Triggers: Step->Secrets combos activate repeatedly as long as Link stands on them.

Fix Open Door Solidity: In 2.10, solid combos in open doorways would be ignored.
    This screen from Isle of the Winds needs it:

Old Hookshot Grab Checking: At some point, the pixel where the hookshot checks for hookshot grab combos shifted.
    If you set up a screen like this:

Try using the hookshot while standing against the blocks, where the green squares indicate. Either the top one or the bottom one will work, depending on whether the rule is enabled.

One minor detail with the peahats vulnerable to clocks rule: if it's disabled, they're vulnerable if they had already stopped when the clock was picked up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    Old GOTOLESS Behavior: In early 2.50 builds, ZASM's GOTOLESS acted as "goto if less or equal" rather than "goto if less."
    Old Hookshot Grab Checking: At some point, the pixel where the hookshot checks for hookshot grab combos shifted.
    If you set up a screen like this:

Try using the hookshot while standing against the blocks, where the green squares indicate. Either the top one or the bottom one will work, depending on whether the rule is enabled.
    Okay, I think I've figured it out now. With the rule on, you can grab onto the combo from the bottom half, but not the top half, and with the rule off, you can grab onto the combo from the top half, but not the bottom half.

Thread Information