87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%
    I take a glance at the magician and give him a look, a look that is slightly confrontational, but says "I'll mind my own if you mind your own." I am prepared to throw down, but my attention is directed toward the ship and the memories that it evokes.Assuming I am not attacked, I head towards the Captain's Cabin, I believe I may have to try to form words with its occupant.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%
    Quickly looking the ranger over, I don't recognize him as one of my companions. I can only assume that he is the cloaked man, though he looks more presentable than the glimpse I had of him from before. I can only assume from the details I've been told of him that he is not my enemy. I introduce myself politely before turning my attention back to the wizard.

I reveal its less the person's whereabouts I am searching for, but more his origin. I already know where his splintered body and soul reside after his attempt to murder my newborn children was stopped by the gods of my home world themselves. However, I have no idea how to combat him should he ever escape release. That is why I search for any information about him and his dark powers. I reveal that my search thus far on this world has proved fruitless, and I have my doubts he has ever been here before as I would have been able to clearly sense the terrible dark powers lingering here after my brush with death when I fought him.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.32%
    Realizing that my companions must have made their way to the warship by now, I know I must get back to it. Keeping in mind where I found the entry into the sea of gold (the aviary), I make my way toward whichever door would get me closest to that location. I also keep an eye on the cavern below the crater for anything that might lurking in its depths. If the door I reach is locked, I have a plan, thought it is not one I would use if I had another option.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.96%
    As I walk in I acknowledge the greeting and boredly reply what pleasure. Looking past the Soldier I say to the Wizard, "Telivar! Been speaking of me, have you? Tales of my daring I hope!" I make my way across the room and lazily lounge in a corner while the Soldier carries on with his conversation wondering if I oversold it.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.92%
    My mind races as I try to recall if I remember anything about the lizardman species. Do they tend to be hostile? Do they speak the same language as us? I had assumed the blast from earlier came from the lizardman, and have been hoping to avoid him if possible. Now that I am face to face with him, I'm careful with my actions. I want to be ready to defend myself, but not come off as if I intend to attack the creature. Holding my paper stars ready to fling, I careful watch for signs hostile actions. I glance at the cabin door. This is probably where the study is, but how to reach it with a possible enemy blocking the way?
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    (Due to scheduling issues this will be the last Tuesday update until further notice. Friday updates will continue as before, so the game will run at half speed)

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you launch a challenging glare at the MAGICIAN ON DECK. He recoils slightly, reaching into his pocket as if to arm himself. You lash your tail in his general direction defiantly, as if to say that he isn't worth your effort. You then open the cabin door and enter the study beyond. There's a PALADIN standing directly in front of you; he turned as you entered the room. His sword is enormous, the kind that a soldier might use to kill horse and rider with one swing. A ZANBATO. Beyond him, on the floor, is a peculiar bundle of BLACK METAL that looks like some kind of candelabra or spike trap. Past that is a desk, at which the entity whose essence matches the rat you encountered earlier sits staring at you, his expression locked between the equally potent emotions of TERROR and RAGE. At his side stands a RANGER who is casually leaning against the wall.
    The MAGICIAN enters the door behind you.
    What do you do?

=====

@mrz84
    Zataka, the RANGER exchanges idle pleasantries and then goes to the wizard's side, as if to imply that he is in Telivar's employ. Telivar admits he detected you were searching for someone but he could not sense the nature of that quest. After your description he nods and says that such power is in direct defiance of the magical fabric of this reality and he warns that you are not likely to find the answers you seek here.
    "How did you come upon this place, paladin? It is odd, the extent of our magic is essentially insular to our dimension, unless... unless it pulled you in as well."
    He seems distant in thought. You are unsure of what he speaks but the notion leads you to reminisce about how you came to this world.
    The door behind you opens again, and through it walks a sinister looking LIZARDFOLK armed with a spear and dressed in tattered military garb. Glancing to Telivar you see the hedge wizard is visibly shaken by the presence of this creature. Before you can react, though, your ally MALICHOR enters the door behind the lizard.
    What do you do?

=====

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, as you go to open the door it falls off its hinges, crashing inward into the portrait-lined hallway beyond. You enter. Remembering where you are in relation to the Aviary you turn right and open the pair of doors in your way. Beyond is an ORCHARD with various fruiting trees. You take a moment to study the area: each tree is protected at its base by a hedge of thorns, but each tree appears perfectly mundane. There are no wraithwood trees here. Also, you notice that it is not snowing in the orchard; looking up you find that the area is contained just as the Greenhouse was. With nothing else of interest there you go through the matching set of doors and find yourself back in the LOBBY. A young man is on the ground before you, bleeding, with a gaping hole in the floor adjacent. Both of his legs have been subjected to some kind of piercing weapon. He is pawing around on the ground, unable to crawl as the slick of his blood on the lobby floor prevents his hands from gaining any traction.
    What do you do?

=====

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you very clearly attempt to project your affiliation with the hedge wizard, but the PALADIN seems more interested in your host than in you. Oh well, more drink for you. You take a swig from your flask and let the warmth fill your extremities. Telivar carries on a conversation with the Paladin about the nature of the man the latter is seeking, but you don't really care for the details. It's entertaining listening to the wizard try to translate his professional expertise out of dusty jargon and you decide to enjoy the show and wait your turn.
    You turn your attention to an inkwell on the desk. Feeling the telekinesis still lingering from the other spirits you attempt to lift it with your mind. Indeed it begins to shake at your command. As you settle into the focus of the action, however, the cabin door opens and a LIZARDFOLK enters, dressed in tattered military garb and wielding a SPEAR. He and Telivar share meaningful glares, and you notice Telivar's right pupil flicker bright orange as their eyes meet. Just before they share words, the MAGICIAN from the lobby enters behind the lizard.
    If a fight breaks out you are in the best and worst position simultaneously; you are out of reach of the fray but the only exit is all the way across the room, over a desk, and has four people in the way. Then again, you are holding an inkwell with your mind... and it's full.
    What do you do?

=====

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you swap intimidating glares with the lizard and he shrugs, lashing his tail in your direction and then turning his back on you to approach the cabin. You briefly consider teaching him a lesson for underestimating you but then you hesitate, trying to remember of what a lizardfolk is capable. You had heard rumors that the lizardfolk used to be dragonslayers that were corrupted into service of their quarry, but the implication of the story is only one-directional (he could have been born a lizard). IF he were a dragonslayer he should be able to speak the common tongue, though no one has been able to thoroughly study the condition.
    As you are trying to decide if he's feral or not, you notice he has disappeared and so you follow him into the cabin. As you enter you can feel the tension in the air, like the moment before you'd light the cannon fuse. Zataka the soldier is here, along with that vagrant you saw in the Lobby and a wizard in tacky blue moon robes who you assume is Telivar. The latter two are behind a large desk across the room. It is painfully silent. The lizard is directly in front of you and has noticed your entry.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.96%
    There are far too many serious people in this room. Obviously there is little hope of escape in this current state. Hostile or not if I attempt to blind the reptile and sneak out my actions could be mistaken for Telivars and cause a battle. I imagine I am irking him enough by pretending he and I are familiar causing a bloody conflict could very well damage the good will. The @PALADIN on the other hand looks completely upset that his business is being disturbed. I fling the ink at him. With his attention on the Wizard it is unlikely he will blame Telivar whilst the wizard is intently focused on the reptile. As it makes its inevitable mess I burst into laughter.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%
    I ignore the others and focus in on the entity whose essence matches the rat. He seems to be in command of frightful knowledge,so I get straight to the point. I try to form the words "What do you know of this condition?"

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.32%
    I kneel beside the injured man. I don't know if twelve hours have passed since I healed the man from the tavern, but since the laws of magic seem different here, it may allow for a loophole, even though my healing power is divine rather than arcane. In any case, I try to focus my healing ability. Even if I can't heal him fully, I might still be able to heal him enough to prevent him from dying. The likelihood that my companions will pass back this way is small, but I cannot let this man die. And he may also have information about this Toma the wizard mentioned.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%
    The wizard's words dredge up the memory of my departure from my world. My wife bestowing unto me her pendant, originally a gift to her from me, that she has since enchanted herself to provide protective properties. However she mentions to me that she has since beseeched the gods of our world themselves to further enchant it with the ability to grant me extra-dimensional/planetary travel via specially created magical corridors that I can manifest when I need to travel between worlds and dimensions. To ask the gods of such proves how important my personal quest is. If not for the sake of my childrens' safety, but for the sake of all existence due to the enormous dark powers the threat possesses.

I am snapped out of my recollections though from the sound of the door to the cabin opening. I take in the lizardman's appearance quickly, but cautiously. I can tell that he is formidable, but sense something else. As if he doesn't desire combat, but something else. However, his spear has signs of fresh blood on it. He is certainly willing to go to great lengths to get what he is after. I then see my companion, Malichor enter behind him. The situation is dire and could become violent and deadly. I show no attempt to further provoke the lizardman and keep my blade sheathed. He clearly wants something of the wizard. Should he act in violence against him, I will shield him with my greatsword, if needed. However I shall only do so as a lat resort. My focus right now is to diplomatically defuse the tension of the situation as best I can.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information