vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Hi ZoriaRPG,
    She is using build 29.
    force_exit = 0
    To clarify how it happens: She saves her game, doesn't close the game or shut down the laptop, and when she returns to play the game her name is missing.
    The next time this happens I will load the beta for her.
    69Phil

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by 69phil View Post
    Hi ZoriaRPG,
    She is using build 29.
    force_exit = 0
    To clarify how it happens: She saves her game, doesn't close the game or shut down the laptop, and when she returns to play the game her name is missing.
    The next time this happens I will load the beta for her.
    69Phil
    Please verify that this happens in any level, and not specific to level 9. Please also specify if this happens with the first quest, second quest, or both.

Before she plays, please have her note the date and time when zc.sav was last modified, then after saving, see if the 'last modified' date and time change. That will let us all know if ZC is actually trying to save the game. Obviously, if that isn't happening, then it might still be a permissions issue--perhaps a less obvious sort.

It's possible that you have some kind of anti-spyware anti-malware sort of thing that is blocking ZC from being able to write the file. It'd be bonkers if that was the case, but if you are certain that you are running it as Administrator, and that both the path to zc.sav, and the zc.sav file have no write-protection, then that's the only thing that I can suspect.

You might want to copy the ZC folder to your desktop, and verify that there is nothing set that can block writing to the save file. Delete ag.cfg in the copy, before you run ZC, to restore its settings; and be sure to use ZCLaunch to run ZC.

Let me know if 2.53 gives you a better time.

Thread Information