Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%

Level 9 wipe out

After getting to level 9 the game stops and my saved game is lost and I have to start at level 1 again. What am I doing wrong?

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    Are you a bot?

RE: No idea. You have to elaborate.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Gel Just registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    My wife plays Zelda on her laptop and all I hear is a scream and some curse words and she tells me she got to level 9 and after playing for a while the game stopped and she was no longer listed as a player and her name and previous game were no longer shown on the opening screen.
    Phil

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    I see.

Sounds like a save file problem.? I'm guessing you are on Windows, and the save file got deleted?

Make sure the ZC folder is not in a read-only directory and you run Zelda Classic as an administrator for starters. Try to save early and reload to make sure it is able to save the game.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Gel Just registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Yes, it's a windows 10 laptop. I changed the files from read only and lanched as an administrator. She is at level 8 so I'll know soon.
    Thanks
    Phil

Gel Just registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Hi Gleeok,
    She got up to level 2 dungeon 8. Then the game went back to the start screen. This happened twice. She saves all the time. Any ideas?
    I always open as administrator and the files are not read-only.
    69Phil

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by 69phil View Post
    Hi Gleeok,
    She got up to level 2 dungeon 8. Then the game went back to the start screen. This happened twice. She saves all the time. Any ideas?
    I always open as administrator and the files are not read-only.
    69Phil
    Phil, does saving work prior to Level 9?

If you save, exit, quit say, in Level 2; then reopen ZC; does that work?

I can't imagine why L9 would be in any way special, with regard to saving.

What version of ZC are you using?

Also, by 'level 2 dungeon 8', do you mean the second quest, Level 8? I'm not clear on what you are trying to express.

Gel Just registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    She is using ZC-2-50-win. Yes, I mean the second quest, Level 8. She can get back in the game but she'll lose her saved game and have to start over. Is it possible she is hitting 2 buttons at the same time on the Xbox 360 type controller and that is causing a restart and game delete?

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    She is using ZC-2-50-win. Yes, I mean the second quest, Level 8. She can get back in the game but she'll lose her saved game and have to start over. Is it possible she is hitting 2 buttons at the same time on the Xbox 360 type controller and that is causing a restart and game delete?
    Please post the internal build ID under Etc->About / Misc->About. Valid build IDs are 24, 28, 29. You should be using 2.50.2 (build 29), as earlier builds could very easily have issues with .sav files. The information is in the About dialogue, in the right-most menu in ZC

I also need an answer to a key question from my earlier reply..., and the answer is important, to help you with this:

If she saves in an earlier level, then quits, relaunches, and loads the save file, what happens?

You can test this on Level 1.

There is no button combination in ZC that would cause what you are describing to occur.

What I might suspect, is that the ag.cfg file has force_exit force_quit set to 1, or that you are using an old version (2.50.0, build 24), which may have issuesin its saving routine.

Please post your settings from that file--it is plain text, and opens in notepad.exe, and verify your version.

You are also welcome to try the 2.53 beta, which may be better:

(It would be helpful if whomever is using ZC could communicate these issues, too; rather than relaying this.)

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Please post the internal build ID under Misc->About. Valid build IDs are 24, 28, 29. You should be using 2.50.2 (build 29), as earlier builds could very easily have issues with .sav files. The information is in the About dialogue, in the right-most menu in ZC

I also need an answer to a key question from my earlier reply..., and the answer is important, to help you with this:

If she saves in an earlier level, then quits, relaunches, and loads the save file, what happens?

You can test this on Level 1.

There is no button combination in ZC that would cause what you are describing to occur.

What I might suspect, is that the ag.cfg file has force_exit force_quit set to 1, or that you are using an old version (2.50.0, build 24), which may have issuesin its saving routine.

Please post your settings from that file--it is plain text, and opens in notepad.exe, and verify your version.

You are also welcome to try the 2.53 beta, which may be better:
    2.53b11

(It would be helpful if whomever is using ZC could communicate these issues, too; rather than relaying this.)

Thread Information