User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Plot Discussion: Tell us (and comment) about the games you're planning for ZC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.09%
    I don't know if it will be a two part quest, I guess it'll have to decide that by how long it ends up being.

But if it is a 2 part quest, then you'd certainly have to put in a password.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    As I said, I like it. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Might post more of my plot later.
    Last edited by Shane; 12-23-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.12%
    Summary of part of the story of my next (and possibly last) planned quest: Hal's Hyilian Journey (formerly The Legend of Eldin, got severely cut back on due to time constraints).

The first part of the storyline:

Spoiler: show
    Hal, an orange-ish anthropomorphic fox with a slightly muscular build and a stoical (if slightly stubborn) temperament, receives news of a great treasure that resides in Hyrule that can grant any wish that the holder has (the Triforce) and sets sail to Hyrule from a distant land (Koholint, before it became part of Ordon/Windfish's dream) to hunt for this elusive treasure. His wish at the time of setting off is to reunite with a childhood friend named Harvey Lynchman, a exitable black anthropomorphic fox whose sleek and graceful build resembles that of a cat more than a fox and tends to be bittersweet towards others, who got kidnapped long ago.

Hal lands on Hyrule in the Lanaryu Providence and seeks out a Loftwing ride to get him into Hyrule Village. Once in Hyrule Village (Faron Providence); he becomes a registered treasure hunter and sign up for an expedition to one of three areas (there is a 3-way tie between them and Hal's vote decides where to go).

Hal can do many things in or out of Hyrule Village while waiting for the expedition to begin. This includes exploring the nearby Faron Woods for treasures (and training, for the player), helping the village guards by capturing people wanted by them and/or begin a relationship with a certain lady of his species (whose name is yet to be determined, and going far enough in the relationship shifts the storyline far enough to warrant another ending).
    Last edited by Orithan; 12-28-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Fixing the linebreaks.
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    @Seastorm

It sounds like geography is really important in your quest. Is there more to this species of foxes? Do they have a species name?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.12%
    @CJC

Yes, Geography of the three main Providences in Hyrule (Faron, Lanarayu and Eldin) from Skyward Sword are pretty important, being kind of a sequel to that game.

The foxes do have a species name: Haddaken. Native to Koholint.They are about as common on Koholint as Mogmas on Hyrule. If the Keaton haven't evolved yet, I am making it so that they are descended as a subspecies the Hakkaden.

Edit: It appears that ZC 2.5 has brought 25 script counters to the table. This should make the treasure hunting part much easier to do because then I can use almost all 'treasures' present in SS and Hal can sell then for some money. Maybe I should make Rupees harder to come by in this quest...
    Last edited by Orithan; 12-28-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z0VMeiqwOE
    Here is a video of a game I am planning to eventually do some graphical design for instead of have Link in SMB level 1-1. It will be overhead view and sideview scrolling. The scrolling scripting is already done, it just needs some graphics and enemy/item scripting for the scrolling aspect, which will not take long once I get the level graphics complete.
    There is also missile launching and skateboarding involved, as previous demos have shown. My "grandiose" aspect of this plan as of right now is that someone will actually help me map out levels.
    The levels can be drawn on the map much like an overhead map, and I'd just have to write in the collision points manually, unless the person who helps writes down how far away from the start of the level every part is for me.
    Either way that doesn't take very long.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.67%
    Here's a concept I've been thinking about without the ample time to develop it any further up until now, despite how massive it is as the current. Also note I do not have names yet for the Independent Eastern Hyrule or Link's son

Journey of Legends Back story:
    The events described here take place after Zelda 2
    At the end of Zelda 2, Link had awoken Zelda after going through the 6 palaces and had defeated Dark Link, supposedly. Not long after Zelda's Awakening, the new King of Hyrule, having no knowledge of his predecessors, held Eastern Hyrule responsible mistaking the Carock for the Magician that put the sleeping spell on Zelda, and believing that Eastern Hyrule had taken the Triforce of courage in order to usurp the throne of Hyrule. This started out just with tariffs on trade and higher taxes, but tensions between the two regions were always on the rise as the regions began to resent each other severely, with Eastern Hyrule believing themselves to be blameless. This process continued until a trader from Western Hyrule was found dead within Eastern lands. This event sparked off a war between the two, with Eastern Hyrule officially breaking off from the Kingdom of Hyrule and forming its own government. This is the story of the splitting of Hyrule into two separate governments, each hell bent on destroying the other, now we look to see what Link's role in this conflict is
    Link, having now rescued Princess Zelda, returned to Eastern Hyrule to settle in Kasuto, and even had a child there. As the tensions between the two halves of Hyrule rose, Link adamantly stayed in support of Eastern Hyrule, and eventually became the largest reason that war never broke out between the two. Kasuto, due to it's location, had also been spared the majority of the abuses from Western Hyrule as it remained fairly self-sustaining within Eastern Hyrule. This all changed when Link had decided to go back to the Valley of Death and the Great Palace within it. Once he had gone back to the room where he initially received the Triforce of courage, something happened in that room that turned him mad. This is only inferred from how he behaved, thought, and acted after coming back from the Valley of Death. Upon returning to Kasuto, he took the life of his wife and abandoned his son, then fled to Western Hyrule, where he eventually became the second in command under only the new king himself. Because of his new power, Link led the armies of Hyrule to great Victories in the former Eastern Hyrule, eventually taking all but Kasuto itself for Hyrule. The only effect this had on Link was that he became more brutal with each Victory, eventually leading to the Slaughter of Darunia, where the entirety of Darunia's population was wiped out in a single night. Needless to say, it did not take very long for Link to be on Kasuto's doorstep, ready to burn the entire forest and Kasuto with it. This was the story of how Eastern Hyrule was almost entirely destroyed, now we turn to the Story of a man named Golig, who brought back Eastern Hyrule from the brink.
    Golig was Link's neighbor in Kasuto, a man who came from a family of great strength, he himself no exception. Golig was abandoned by his father at a young age, and thus once Link had his son, Golig took it upon himself to make sure that Link's son always had a father, even acting as a babysitter when Link went out on trips, including the Valley of Death trip. Golig, though having not seen the murder of Link's wife, saw something odd in Link's son. While he didn't know it at the time, what Golig saw was the first sign that Link's son had inherited his own version of Dark Link. Regardless of Golig's knowledge of the source, this sparked a deep hatred for Link's son, and consequently Link himself after he turned to Western Hyrule's Side. Golig ultimately became the last defender of Kasuto, and by using his strength, found a way to make the pass into Kasuto a one-way pass, allowing the people of Kasuto to remain safe. As time went on, battle after battle was often decided by whether or not Link, Golig, both, or neither was present, given Western Hyrule's massive manpower vs. Eastern's strategical abilities. Ultimately, the war boiled down to Eastern Hyrule being separated into 3 zones, the northern depopulated zone, the Central valley under Western control, and the southern parts of the Island, which is all that is now autonomous from the Kingdom of Hyrule. Golig is currently the ruler of Eastern Hyrule and is now trying to remove any sympathies towards the Kingdom of Hyrule from his domain. This is the story of how we got to our current situation, now, we go into the last few details before we get to the present.
    Link's son, now a young man, has constantly had eyes watching over him waiting for any sign that he agrees with his father in Western Hyrule. Golig in particular, as mentioned earlier, despises Link's son, and is starting to use insane stretches of the law to convict Link's son, with no success up until now. Golig has taken Link's son's distaste for Golig's Zealotry against Link as a means to have him executed for treason. This is the currently present situation. *at this point the player takes over*

Let me know if you have any suggestions, comments, or critiques about the backstory, once I get the game in development I can start to flesh out th game's actual story and not just the backstory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.43%
    Quote Originally Posted by isolated999 View Post
    Here's a concept I've been thinking about without the ample time to develop it any further up until now, despite how massive it is as the current. Also note I do not have names yet for the Independent Eastern Hyrule or Link's son

Journey of Legends Back story:
    The events described here take place after Zelda 2
    At the end of Zelda 2, Link had awoken Zelda after going through the 6 palaces and had defeated Dark Link, supposedly. Not long after Zelda's Awakening, the new King of Hyrule, having no knowledge of his predecessors, held Eastern Hyrule responsible mistaking the Carock for the Magician that put the sleeping spell on Zelda, and believing that Eastern Hyrule had taken the Triforce of courage in order to usurp the throne of Hyrule. This started out just with tariffs on trade and higher taxes, but tensions between the two regions were always on the rise as the regions began to resent each other severely, with Eastern Hyrule believing themselves to be blameless. This process continued until a trader from Western Hyrule was found dead within Eastern lands. This event sparked off a war between the two, with Eastern Hyrule officially breaking off from the Kingdom of Hyrule and forming its own government. This is the story of the splitting of Hyrule into two separate governments, each hell bent on destroying the other, now we look to see what Link's role in this conflict is
    Link, having now rescued Princess Zelda, returned to Eastern Hyrule to settle in Kasuto, and even had a child there. As the tensions between the two halves of Hyrule rose, Link adamantly stayed in support of Eastern Hyrule, and eventually became the largest reason that war never broke out between the two. Kasuto, due to it's location, had also been spared the majority of the abuses from Western Hyrule as it remained fairly self-sustaining within Eastern Hyrule. This all changed when Link had decided to go back to the Valley of Death and the Great Palace within it. Once he had gone back to the room where he initially received the Triforce of courage, something happened in that room that turned him mad. This is only inferred from how he behaved, thought, and acted after coming back from the Valley of Death. Upon returning to Kasuto, he took the life of his wife and abandoned his son, then fled to Western Hyrule, where he eventually became the second in command under only the new king himself. Because of his new power, Link led the armies of Hyrule to great Victories in the former Eastern Hyrule, eventually taking all but Kasuto itself for Hyrule. The only effect this had on Link was that he became more brutal with each Victory, eventually leading to the Slaughter of Darunia, where the entirety of Darunia's population was wiped out in a single night. Needless to say, it did not take very long for Link to be on Kasuto's doorstep, ready to burn the entire forest and Kasuto with it. This was the story of how Eastern Hyrule was almost entirely destroyed, now we turn to the Story of a man named Golig, who brought back Eastern Hyrule from the brink.
    Golig was Link's neighbor in Kasuto, a man who came from a family of great strength, he himself no exception. Golig was abandoned by his father at a young age, and thus once Link had his son, Golig took it upon himself to make sure that Link's son always had a father, even acting as a babysitter when Link went out on trips, including the Valley of Death trip. Golig, though having not seen the murder of Link's wife, saw something odd in Link's son. While he didn't know it at the time, what Golig saw was the first sign that Link's son had inherited his own version of Dark Link. Regardless of Golig's knowledge of the source, this sparked a deep hatred for Link's son, and consequently Link himself after he turned to Western Hyrule's Side. Golig ultimately became the last defender of Kasuto, and by using his strength, found a way to make the pass into Kasuto a one-way pass, allowing the people of Kasuto to remain safe. As time went on, battle after battle was often decided by whether or not Link, Golig, both, or neither was present, given Western Hyrule's massive manpower vs. Eastern's strategical abilities. Ultimately, the war boiled down to Eastern Hyrule being separated into 3 zones, the northern depopulated zone, the Central valley under Western control, and the southern parts of the Island, which is all that is now autonomous from the Kingdom of Hyrule. Golig is currently the ruler of Eastern Hyrule and is now trying to remove any sympathies towards the Kingdom of Hyrule from his domain. This is the story of how we got to our current situation, now, we go into the last few details before we get to the present.
    Link's son, now a young man, has constantly had eyes watching over him waiting for any sign that he agrees with his father in Western Hyrule. Golig in particular, as mentioned earlier, despises Link's son, and is starting to use insane stretches of the law to convict Link's son, with no success up until now. Golig has taken Link's son's distaste for Golig's Zealotry against Link as a means to have him executed for treason. This is the currently present situation. *at this point the player takes over*

Let me know if you have any suggestions, comments, or critiques about the backstory, once I get the game in development I can start to flesh out th game's actual story and not just the backstory
    One question: What is Link's son's name?

Thread Information