Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%

Disney Games (Aladdin Review)

Capcom made so many great Disney games. Duck Tales, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Chip n Dale...great games!

I reviewed Aladdin for both the SNES and Genesis. Thanks for watching, guys.

Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    thats a good review, me like.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.64%
    This gives me an idea. You should totally review the Virgin Disney games. The ones I'm mainly talking about are Jungle Book and Lion King. The Jungle Book seems to have different level design in between the SNES and Genesis versions, while the Lion King has the wider screen in the Genesis version, making it easier to play.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Sad thing is, I only beat Aladdin for the SNES recently. Well, to be fair, I remember beating it once as a kid, but my friend and I may or may not have been using a Game Genie (HA!), and I can't remember if we beat it via cheating. Nonetheless, it's an awesome game, even if I did only learn about the rug to slow your fall recently. I mean, there are so many bad platformers out there, but Aladdin was awesome, AND an awesome movie-licensed game to boot. In fact, it's one of my first counter examples when people claim all movie-licensed games are garbage.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriya View Post
    This gives me an idea. You should totally review the Virgin Disney games. The ones I'm mainly talking about are Jungle Book and Lion King. The Jungle Book seems to have different level design in between the SNES and Genesis versions, while the Lion King has the wider screen in the Genesis version, making it easier to play.
    I honestly don't have any of those games. They're easy enough to find and pick up, though. I wouldn't mind doing The Lion King, but I've never played Jungle Book. I've heard it's pretty terrible.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    thats a good ideas, goriya.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.64%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I honestly don't have any of those games. They're easy enough to find and pick up, though. I wouldn't mind doing The Lion King, but I've never played Jungle Book. I've heard it's pretty terrible.
    I feel that only applies to the SNES version. For some odd reason, the level design is different. Despite this, the gameplay and objectives are the same. I haven't played the SNES version, and I think the Genesis one is fairly decent. I don't think it's terrible though, just not that good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Lion King was one of my favorites as a kid, but getting older, I've kinda developed a second opinion. It's not... bad, exactly, but the difficulty is just ridiculous. Too many situations in which a slight mistake is punished by instant death. Now, that's okay for, say, a game like Megaman, where the controls are just solid to the point where any mistake is the player's fault, but Lion King's controls are a bit more slippery, so it seems unfair to have so many cheap deaths in the game.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.64%
    Definitely agreed. The game is SUPER hard. I've definitely never beaten it. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing it though. The farthest I've ever gotten is Hakuna Matata.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Things kinda mellow out after Hakuna Matata, if I remember... But my God, Can't Wait to be King, the Wildebeest stampede... those two levels by themselves make it almost impossible to ever see the adult Simba stages. If you can master Can't Wait to be King, the Wildebeest stampede, and Hakuna Matata, you've got the skills to beat the game. Oh, and the final battle with Scar is kind of a bitch, too. It's not actually difficult, but it's one of those things where you have do a specific thing to actually beat him. I hate games that have bosses where there's a secret trick, that you can't just beat them by doing enough damage or whatever. In this case, you can only kill Scar by throwing him off the cliff - but there's no indication that that's what you're supposed to do, so you can wail on him for hours and not actually be any closer to beating him.

Thread Information