User Tag List

Thread: LP'er here: Where to Link + Zelda Classic Not Detected by Dxtory, Fraps, etc.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.77%

LP'er here: Where to Link + Zelda Classic Not Detected by Dxtory, Fraps, etc.

I'm a relatively popular-ish-ish-ish LP'er (that still feels weird to say). You can find my channel here.

I'm very, very interested in doing some Zelda Classic stuff. I'd also like to use my platform to advocate for more Zelda Classic development, etc. Try to do what I can to get you guys new members.

First, where do I link? I know here and I know PureZC. Anywhere else? Especially for newcomers.

Second, despite using DirectX, the game doesn't expose itself to the hooks dxtory, etc. requires. I need to use DXtory in particular because of the way it splits audio tracks. Since I'm female and my voice is high and doesn't have the same carrying boom that a male voice has, I need to often work on audio balance for certain parts of the video or I can't be heard (or the music/sound becomes mute). So I need them to be separate and DXtory has this functionality built in.

I would also say, raocow, a much larger LP'er than me is also looking at ZC, particularly when AZCT is done. It'd be helpful for him to be able to use video hooks.

Is there some way I can do this or some way a dev could get this working?

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    @Gleeok and @Saffith are the currently active developers for ZC. Perhaps one of them can help with the video hooks.

As for internet locations that are for Zelda Classic, you've hit all the bases with AGN and PureZC.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. But Gleeok and Saffith have been tagged, so one of them will probably come around and answer your questions.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.77%
    Slight update. Hooking does work for fraps, but ONLY in Fullscreen mode, which itself is too buggy to work (constant flickering). I'll keep experimenting.

Interestingly, on the flickering side of things, DXtory sees the hook and loses it rapidly.

For those who want to experiment with me, Zelda Classic uses DirectX 7. That may be helpful. Currently I'm trying to force the fullscreen version into a window with dxwnd.

edit: With DXGL, I can manage to get Fraps to record. Still no progress on DXtory. Sadly Fraps doesn't do what I need it to, but this may help others.
    Last edited by Horikawa Otane; 11-14-2015 at 06:04 AM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.77%
    GOT IT WORKING.

Download DXGL (I'm using 0.5.7)

Add zelda-w.exe to your DXGL Config. Change DPI Scaling Mode to Windows AppCompat.

Run the game in fullscreen.

Then you'll be good to go - that's all you need to do!

Hopefully that makes things easier for people in the future to record Zelda Classic!

edit: as an added bonus...

I'm running in the 1600x1200 fullscreen mode at 1920x1200 as my monitor resolution. For DXtory if you have a similar setup:

Margin Top and Bottom: 40
    Margin Left and Right: 320

That'll remove the black letterboxing in recording the main game. You'll lose out on that out-of-game-menu action but whatevs.
    Last edited by Horikawa Otane; 11-14-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Thread Information