User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unofficial 6th Quest Contest: Anybody interested?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    Besides the people here, heard some interest.

Paging

@Chris Miller
    @bigjoe
    @Shoelace
    @TK8305
    @Gleeok
    @Matthew Bluefox
    @Questwizard88

And anybody else notable.

@ctrl-alt-delete , you want to be the judge? That'd let Gleeok and me participate. I can repost this on PZC to expand it. Also, ZC.com invitational sounds so much better than 6th Quest.

Also, if we are to get serious about this, maybe a few pictures would be cool on things that we could vote on/approve/disapprove. A little tech demo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeWo...ature=youtu.be

Basically some expansions to Zelda NES Remastered in terms of palettes and some reworking of the enemy palettes to reflect more Zelda 2. Please do not make public beyond here and PZC, since it's nothing coming out and a pure demo.

Things I'd like to see added to this contest for sure:

New enemy palettes to go with new enemies (so we're not restricted to the old Zelda enemy set or old balance/BS Zelda balance (though overworld enemy selection still has to reflect either old Zelda balance or BS Zelda Balance, your choice)
    No reason to keep enemy groups at this point. It was a hot topic last time, Mario Maker allows everything, so let this R.I.P. Strength-based dungeons welcome
    Allowance to change level palettes freely. Once again, no "real" reason why this needs to be restricted if we're expanding beyond the NES cart.
    Maybe some variance in item sprites, like blue flames for the Blue Candle, etc.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-08-2017 at 04:32 PM.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    I *might* do one. Most likely I'll "fix" my 5th entry. ..and by fix I mean put back the original difficulty; ie.; it'll be too hard for most people to like.

Also @Nightmare please update the rules, because nobody likes the weird 'mario maker' rules; it's confusing.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    I'll create a new thread for this: Just lock this for now. I'll post after I talk to TK: 4 people is enough if we get him. No one has time to play 20 quests.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Thread Information