User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which game would you like see our members play, stream, discuss, and review?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

2 28.57%
  • Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

3 42.86%
  • M.C. Kids

0 0%
  • Mega Man 7

2 28.57%
  • Bad Dudes

0 0%
  • Adventure Island III

0 0%
  • Lagoon

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: #2. March 16-31, 2017 Game Selection Poll

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%

#2. March 16-31, 2017 Game Selection Poll

Time to vote for our second game of the month! Here are our nominees:

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
    Led by the immortal Count Dracula, the greatest army of evil ever assembled is poised to bury mankind in a Tomb of Terror. Destroying this legion of Swamp Dragons, Slasher Skeletons and Forces of the Undead will be the supreme challenge for the mightiest of warriors. Your place in history is 100 years before Simon Belmont's birth. Dracula is young at heart, and it will take more than a stake to penetrate his evil.

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
    This exciting sequel to the Lufian legend pits monster hunter Maxim and six adventuring companions against the sinister Sinistrals. The story develops into a complex maze, challenging you with big battles, puzzles and loads of surprises. You can even grow your own monsters! You will enjoy countless hours on a fantastic journey in the world of Lufia!

MC Kids
    Meet Mick and Mack - the coolest kids in McDonaldland. Now that Hamburglar has run off with Ronald's magic bag, the M. C. Kids need your help to find him. You'll need to move pretty fast to dodge creatures like Goferit and I. Psycho, solve tricky puzzles and explore the secret levels of McDonaldland. If you're going to help the M.C.Kids track down Hamburglar, you're going to have to make some totally fresh moves of your own. Oh yeah - once you've figured out how to play this game right side up - try it upside down!

Mega Man 7
    Dr. Wily's crusade to rule the world ends abruptly at the hands of Mega Man, so what's a villain to do? Create a diversion and break out of prison! Mega Man has his hands full as 4 gigantic machines exit Dr. Wily's lab to ravage the city, but... who is behind this new plot as Wily sits behind bars?

Bad Dudes
    The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president? The opponents in your battle for supremacy are four types of Evil Ninja star-throwing Assassins whose skills are many and dangerous! Also out to spoil your day are Acrobatic Women Warriors and vicious Guard Dogs. At the end of each level you must overcome the Ninja Master in order to progress.

Adventure Island III
    Whats a hero to do? A mysterious flying saucer just made off with Master Higgins girlfriend and its up to him to save her! But first he must defeat scores of mutated monsters across eight uncharted islands! Fly a dive-bombing pterodactyl or ride under the waves on a sea serpent in search of the missing Jeannie Jungle!

Lagoon
    Lakeland has a drinking problem. All the water has been fouled, and it's up to you to find out why. As Nasir, Child of Light, you will embark on a quest that demands great courage and fortitude. It's a journey that takes Nasir from childhood to manhood, played out against breathtaking, 16 bit backdrops.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    Not to be nit-picky or anything, but Lufia 2 is actually a prequel. Other than that, we have a tough selection to choose from this month (or at least I think so). Of these though, I've played about half of them before so I'm actually hoping to try something new (so long as that's what gets the majority vote anyway).
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    If we're going to do epic RPG's we might have to quadruple the time allotted to play them. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be hard-pressed to summon an extra 20-40 hours in a 2-week period. Maybe have an RPG-only poll every couple of months alongside the other regularly scheduled games, which would be run side-by-side, or something? What do you guys think?
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    I kinda have to agree with Gleeok on this one, and this comes from knowing the epicness that Lufia brings to the table that requires a HUGE timesink. If we're gonna do Lufia 2 this time, I think its only fair to increase the playtime so that everyone has a fair chance at this. Otherwise I think this one would give an unfair advantage to those who have more free-time than others and can get done faster than the rest.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    I was going to suggest something along these lines. Maybe play bigger games simultaneously over longer periods of time. My days off ended up being ridiculously busy but I'm sure you guys can make a decision. Maybe the top two choices will be played?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%
    I was just thinking a couple of minutes ago that we could extend the time for this one.

As for game number two, it's a toss-up between Castlevania 3 and Mega Man 7. Since I voted for Castlevania 3, I'd be inclined to suggest Mega Man 7 out of fairness. What say ye, players?

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%
    I'm going to join in if we're playing Lufia 2. I absolutely love that game and would like an opportunity to complete it.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    Doesn't matter to me what we play as the second game. I'm good for another trip to Castlevania or to mosey through some robots. I will say though, that of these 2 games I've come closer to beating C3 than MM7. I've yet to clear either of them by any means (NES/SNES/Virtual Console/Emulation)

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    Alright, that sounds fair. The only question is how long the time frame for rpgs. Should we try 8 weeks to start off and see how it goes? That would be about 6 rpgs and 24 other genres per year, if you play them all.
    Last edited by Gleeok; 03-16-2017 at 03:24 AM.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Alright, that sounds fair. The only question is how long the time frame for rpgs. Should we try 8 weeks to start off and see how it goes? That would be about 6 rpgs and 24 other genres per year, if you play them all.
    30 classic games a year sounds pretty reasonable. Let's roll with that and see how it goes.

Let me know how you want to change your votes and we can decide from there.

Did anybody ever 100% the achievements for AI:2?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Thread Information