User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which game would you like see our members play, stream, discuss, and review?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Actraiser

2 20.00%
  • Adventure Island II

4 40.00%
  • DuckTales

1 10.00%
  • Gradius

1 10.00%
  • Gradius III

0 0%
  • Super C

2 20.00%
  • Tetris

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: #1. March 1-15, 2017 Game Selection Poll

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.28%
    If you can't find paradise you can always settle for being a hustler...

Whatever that means.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    Never played the Adventure Islands before. So how does this work again? Do you need some special set-up before playing?
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.28%
    If this is through Retro Achievements then you can just grab one of their emulators on their website. The emulators are integrated with their server to add the achievement tracking functionality.

I believe if you've built a RetroPi with a Raspberry Pi, the built in emulators have the same functionality.

(And in following what Kolt said earlier, I just ran through Adventure Island 1 to 100% to get ready for all of us playing II)

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    Ah, got it. Thanks.

I think I'm good to go now; username is Gleeok.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    @Gleeok , you can also use Retroarch if you want a more streamlined all in one solution. Check it out.
    @vegeta1215 , would you be interested in joining us?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.96%
    Hey there! It's been a while since I've been on AGN. Neat that I got an email when I was "mentioned". New forum feature? (or maybe just the first time I've been mentioned?)

Sounds like a neat idea - a group of people playing a game and then discussing. Kind of sounds like a book club but with video games, don't you think? :) Truthfully I haven't had much time to play games lately (I actually just moved and am still unpacking/de-cluttering, etc). Any time I will get in for gaming in the near future will be to play the new Zelda when in comes out next week. Also, I don't have access to play any of those NES games. I appreciated you thinking of me though!

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215 View Post
    Hey there! It's been a while since I've been on AGN. Neat that I got an email when I was "mentioned". New forum feature? (or maybe just the first time I've been mentioned?)

Sounds like a neat idea - a group of people playing a game and then discussing. Kind of sounds like a book club but with video games, don't you think? :) Truthfully I haven't had much time to play games lately (I actually just moved and am still unpacking/de-cluttering, etc). Any time I will get in for gaming in the near future will be to play the new Zelda when in comes out next week. Also, I don't have access to play any of those NES games. I appreciated you thinking of me though!
    You've only been mentioned twice. It's something I added a while back that's a nice way to summon a user back to a thread they might have forgotten about or lure a user that hasn't been active.

Yeah, that was the idea. I'm also planning on pouring most of my time into Zelda but a lot of us have been feeling nostalgic lately so it's something I though we would enjoy. As far as access, anybody can play them however they want: original system, virtual console, relreleases, etc but the method we're attempting to use is emulation via Retro Achievements. You should check that website out. It adds and tracks achievements to games for the NES, SNES, Genesis, and GB/GBC/GBA so we can track everybody else's progress.

You should join us when some free time clears up. Good to hear from you, man!

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Thread Information