57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    I suspect that the shovel has been recently used. After disentangling myself from the rake trap, I will make my way to the pumpkin patch, looking for signs of freshly dug ground.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    I attempt to get a better look at the creature from my position without alerting it to my presence, if possible. Otherwise, I lay in wait until the creature's back is turned, with that moment being my chance to strike, and if it lives still after that, attempt to alert my comrades of the creature.
    Last edited by mrz84; 11-12-2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Offended as I am by the presence of a Wraithwood tree, I draw my swords and use a scissor-slash on the tree to cut it in half. I then pull the lower half of tree from where it is planted, pour some lantern oil on the roots, and set fire to it to be sure it is destroyed. No one who is not aasimar has any right to grow this, and if this mage was aasimar, I would have sensed it by now. Afterwards, I follow over towards the toolshed, still on the lookout for any traps.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    @Xyvol
    Malichor, you go to the PUMPKIN PATCH in search of the shovel or some evidence of its whereabouts, having assumed that since your host is a HEDGE MAGE he must have put the tool to use in the garden. You are quite surprised by the pumpkin patch upon your arrival; many of the gourds are TALLER THAN A MAN. As you wander in, you feel the air around you swirling. Closing your eyes, you sense wyrmholes of DARKSPACE connecting various sections of the pumpkin patch. You can't tell if this is intentional or the backlash of another spell, but the wyrmholes all seem to be drawing matter in towards the center of the patch.

You hear a shout in that direction. Do you brave the darkspace to reach the center of the patch?
    ================================================== =========

@mrz84
    Zataka, erring on the side of caution you stay your blade until you can identify the creature. It is a WEREWOLF, dressed in the garb of a MAIL CARRIER and is carrying a watering can. What is this beast doing? Tending to the crop, it seems. Is it under some manner of enchantment? You are disturbed by this, but knowing that your sword does not have a silvered edge you fret that you won't be able to battle this monster. You haven't faced a werebeast before and you don't know which rumors are true. Can they only be harmed by SILVER? Can they not cross moving bodies of water? Do they change back into human beings when the sun is out? Do their wounds heal unnaturally fast? Is the ailment contagious? You decide there are too many unknowns to risk a solo confrontation, so you set out to distract the beast instead.

You slash open one of the GREAT PUMPKINS, hoping that the LYCANTHROPE will pause there as he passes. Much to your shock, you catch a peek inside the gourd as the seeds pour out. There's a MAN, suspended by the lining of the pumpkin, within. He appears to be alive, but comatose. He's human, pale with a white beard. He has no possessions.

Your gasp of shock has caught the attention of the beast. It lunges at you. What do you do?

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you sever the WRAITHWOOD and then set fire to its roots. Much to your surprise, the flames lick around the roots and harden the rootball into a rigid CANDELABRA OF SPIKES. You attempt to break this... thing... apart with your sword, but it appears to be HARDER THAN STEEL. Could this be why the plant is such a desired commodity? Your parents never mentioned this property; perhaps they did not know. The top of the tree is still intact; you might be able to shape it into a dagger or shortsword and then harden it with flames. Or you could keep the pointy CANDELEABRA as an effective (but clumsy) tool of war.

Heading for the toolshed, you see MALICHOR depart for the PUMPKIN PATCH. After he enters, you hear a shout. What do you do?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Keeping the Candelabra with me (in my pack, not wielded), I run for the pumpkin patch, calling to Zataka that Malichor may be in trouble. I keep my blades at the ready and hurry in the direction of the pumpkin patch.

((By the way, CJC, the word "wyrm" refers to dragons. I understand what you meant by "wyrmholes," but the words "wyrm" and "worm" are not interchangable. They mean entirely different things))
    Last edited by TheDarkOne; 11-15-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    Assuming the shout may have been made by one of my new found comrades (because who else would it be), I decide to investigate it's source. Quickly, but carefully, I make my way to the center of the patch. While I do so, I try to remember as much as I can about darkspace so that I may deal with it if it becomes a problem.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    ((By the way, CJC, the word "wyrm" refers to dragons. I understand what you meant by "wyrmholes," but the words "wyrm" and "worm" are not interchangable. They mean entirely different things))
    Do they?

One wonders if it was a typo, an oversight due to fatigue, or a subtle hint of things to come.

Worm refers to the shape, that is true, but perhaps Wyrm references the beasts that travel through?

We will have to wait. And watch.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    I attempt to block the werewolf's attack with my greatsword. I push back with all my might while attempting to get my comrades' attention. Once they arrive I plan to tell them of the man in the pumpkin I cut open. I also have the suspicion that the other gourds are similar, with comatose occupants.

In the meantime, I try to cast a spell to enchant my blade with fire in hope that will at least have some effect on the beast.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    @Xyvol
    Malichor, you recall that DARKSPACE is folded space or compressed space. For those without control of the magic, a darkspace portal is as normal as stepping through an archway, connecting two physically distinct places that normally should not be adjacent. Non-mages wouldn't even notice such a transition. The space has to come from somewhere; it is relocated in the act of casting a darkspace spell. Such relocations are usually local like the disturbances in the PUMPKIN PATCH, but truly talented mages know how to borrow space from the depths of the dark night sky, apparently working their magic with no drawback.

You step through one of the portals, arriving near the SOLDIER, who is fending off a WEREWOLF wearing a postman's outfit. The wizard cursed the postman? What a jerk! As you moved through the portal, you noticed the space was a compression, meaning some space nearby must have been EXPANDED. You believe this contraction was an unintentional side-effect of the spell, though, as it seems rather random.

Suddenly the werewolf runs off deeper into the patch. What do you do?

@mrz84
    Zataka, you bless your blade with fire and shove the beast away from you, singeing its fur with a forceful gash as you rake your weapon across its chest. It snarls.

Well, you DREW BLOOD, so the SILVER THING appears to be a myth. Still, it seems like the beast is RECOVERING RATHER QUICKLY. You stab it through the chest, inciting a yelp. It pulls free of your blade and runs off deeper into the pumpkin patch.

The mage Malichor has arrived. Will you stay to chat, warning of the PEOPLE IN THE GOURDS, or will you PURSUE THE BEAST into the depths of the patch?

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you run to the PUMPKIN PATCH, following the sound of the shout. But as you enter, you get lost in the tall gourds... much too tall to be grown naturally. You have a headache: you sense something very awful is nearby. And when you turn around, the exit of the patch is nowhere to be found. You CALL OUT. There is no response.

You're ALONE and LOST IN THE PUMPKIN PATCH. What do you do?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    [Well, I have been trying to think of how to get in on this but failing to think of a way to work my way in. So, I now figure That's @CJC 's job! Anyway I will just describe a character I have in mind.]

Reven, often accused of looking like a thief but has not once been caught stealing. Taller than most men and of strong but lean build. A light cloak mostly covers a black tunic of a tough but flexible fabric. The reversible cloak on one side looks nearly matte black but more dark grey and the other side a pattern of earthy colors and textures that is not obvious camouflage but blends in very well with most environments. Either side of the cloak is noticeably worn. Baggy earth brown slacks extend from the tunic to a pair of black travel boots that are obviously much newer than the rest of his garb. Altogether he has the look of a traveler and one that clearly likes to often go unseen. His face is neither pale nor very sun-darkened and a thin layer of facial hair covers his round jaw, a very human face with pale grey-green eyes. Though he appears to carry nothing he often pulls various useful items inexplicably from under his cloak such as a satchel of odd wares and foodstuff but this time it is a canteen of strong ale he bartered for in the last town passed. The canteen being half empty is what led him to his current circumstance, notably that he in unmistakeably lost...

Thread Information