221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    I examine our surroundings a little more thoroughly, in particular the lattice arch. I also believe that we should get our bearings in relation to the maze's exits/entrances. I suggest either I boost Sancireph up to the nearest stable ledge above the hedge maze walls, or we find another method of traversing the maze, all the while staying on guard for any threats, such as the dragon. If we find anything of interest I will suggest examining it with caution.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%
    I try to reason out my confusion. Why would Toma be here? How did I arrive here, the two locations seem disconnected. Was thinking of Toma what brought me here? I turn to the door behind me that I entered from. Reluctantly I reach out to the door, realizing I may be about to destroy the only way I know of getting back to where I was, but I need to know if I'm right. With a sigh, I close the door, then open it again expecting to see the coal mine's office.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.34%
    I see if I can break a piece off of the more decayed Telivar. I might need it for some scientific reason I'm not yet aware of. I then turn my attention to the trap door.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    @TheDarkOne @mrz84
    Sancireph and Zataka, of note you see that the lattice arches in the hedge maze appear to be hinged. In fact, it looks like they're designed to move floating sections of the hedge to rearrange the maze. It's a defensive measure to keep someone from solving the maze by running their hand along one wall. Odd, you would suspect that the maze would employ magic like the PUMPKIN PATCH but it appears completely mundane in its construction. At least it would if everything around here wasn't scrambled.
    Zataka boosts Sancireph up on one of the hedges. All you can see beyond the maze is a vortex; it is as if it is an island hovering over some terrible abyss. There are also PEOPLE wandering the maze grounds. They don't look like your companions and you know you didn't see them when you were on the grounds earlier.
    [Act Medias Res]
    Seeking the lost within the maze
    (Filled)
    ~~~~~
    Creative Gardening
    ~~~~~
    [/Act Medias Res]
    Sancireph mentions that the lattice arches are kind of like doors and you might be able to open a connection to another part of the grounds or back into the mansion if you think about the right things. The air here is starting to make you itch.
    What do you do?

=====

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you expect the door to change its destination after closing it, but to your relief it still leads to the BURNING LIBRARY. It seems that though this paradimension is scrambled it is attempting to stabilize into a concrete reality; once a door connects to a location the two spaces are joined by the opening, meaning that door will always connect those to spaces. To that end you realize the best way to navigate this place is to find doors and open them so that the dimension stabilized. But you fret when you come to this realization; if the dimension is trying to stabilize and it's full of dragons, what impact are you actions having on other realities (particularly the one you wish to return to)?
    [Act Medias Res]
    Conversation with the Miners
    (Filled)
    ~~~~~
    The Placebo Effect
    ~~~~~
    [/Act Medias Res]
    You see Toma approach. He sees that the door has been opened, curses, and then runs down the tunnel to the right before you can talk to him. Could thinking about Toma as you opened the door have brought you to this place? It does seem rather coincidental that he's here.
    What do you do?

=====

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you pry the corpse's radius off his desiccated arm and tuck it into your supplies to present to him later. Then, you go to the trap door and throw it open, thinking it might lead to Telivar. However, as you put the bone away your mind drifted to the egg that once rested on your back, and you feel the thought rip through the world around you as you throw open the trap door. Below you is the great fall to the SEA OF GOLD that you made earlier. You can see your CHARGE swimming in the wealth below but he looks frustrated. You are unsure if you want to go to him; on the one hand you feel a need to protect him but on the other you are wary to let his clawing manipulation crawl back into your mind.
    Looking up to the sky, you see the GREAT WYRM from earlier fly across the tempest above you. It doesn't seem to spot you. As it flies by, you notice something significant: it has almost a translucent hue to it, as if it isn't really there. You should also be able to feel its mind as it passes you, but there is nothing. What the heck IS that thing? Is it even a dragon?
    What do you do?

=====

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, never one to pass on a party, you head up to the second floor, get a drink, and join a game of BILLIARDS.
    [Act Medias Res]
    Chat with the patrons

~~~~~
    ~~~~~
    [/Act Medias Res]
    You make your way up to the third floor, which should have rental rooms considering the design of the tavern. You can hear the fluttering of a dervish behind one of the doors, as if there is a pile of paper caught in a breeze.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    [Act Medias Res]
    Seeking the lost within the maze

I am hesitant to leave potentially innocent people in the maze, but they could very well be hostile as well. I mention this to my ally and then discus what he believes the best course of action would be, as I am at a loss of what to do with so many variables to consider on my own. One one hand, we can attempt to rescue the others in the maze with us. But on the other they could be hostile and a confrontation could prove unwise. Then there is the factor of the lattice. If it does function as a door, where would we want to use it to get to? If we do decide to rescue the others in the maze, I could use my greatsword to hack through the walls.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.26%
    I consider Zataka's idea, but I don't think it would be wise to try hacking through the maze--the wizard likely has magical safeguards in place to prevent that. Using the lattices as doors could prove useful in finding Malichor or even the the ranger Zataka mentioned. As for the other people in the maze, it seems to me they are trapped here just as we are. I suggest that if we should cross paths with them, we will share what we know about the maze and the dimensional doors, so that they may find their respective ways back. I focus my thoughts on Malichor and open the nearest lattice door.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%
    [Act Medias Res]
    Conversation with the Miners

After my investigation of the doorway, I turn my attention to the miners. I approach one who has petrification on his arm, but none around the mouth. Taking my paper stash, I motion for the miner to hold his arm up to me as I begin tearing the paper into strips. I wrap the strips of paper around the petrified arm like a bandage. Habitually I go to scribe a rune on the paper, but catch myself. By using magic here, am I possibly corrupting this man even further? Am I tearing more holes in the world every time I apply my craft? I remember the little dragons crawling around my shirukens, and imagine them crawling over the man's arms. Instead, I decide to try the placebo trick. After all, it did work with my talisman. I tell the man to leave the bandages on, and over time their magic will help to reverse the petrification effect. I ask him why they are mining here and who they are working for. I ask about what is causing the petrification. Lastly, I ask if he has seen a scholarly young man in glasses in these mines.

[/Act Medias Res]

(whew, I am thankful for the Act Medias Res in this round, as I wanted to post more last round but didn't get a chance to come back and post again. BTW, if we are allowed to post three times between updates, is double-posting allowed then?)
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyvol View Post
    (whew, I am thankful for the Act Medias Res in this round, as I wanted to post more last round but didn't get a chance to come back and post again. BTW, if we are allowed to post three times between updates, is double-posting allowed then?)
    (Yes, I use the might of my Orange usergroup to declare that double-posting is okay in this thread. ^_^)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyvol View Post
    ... is double-posting allowed then?)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    (Yes, I use the might of my Orange usergroup to declare that double-posting is okay in this thread. ^_^)
    There is no rule against multiple posts in any forum.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%
    I try the door to see if it is locked and try to enter the room unheard or seen. I keep my dart gun at the ready.

Thread Information