57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.95%
    Picking myself up off the floor of the lobby, I realize that I have no idea where the wine cellar is or how to get to it. I hadn't asked about that part. I'd prefer to go straight to the wizard at this point, but with no clear direction of where to go, I decide to follow Toma into the room where the blast came from. I may be able to assist with whatever crisis has occurred. From a hidden pocket of my cloak, I pull out some paper pieces that have been folded into star shapes and marked with runes of sharpness, making them deadly when spinning.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    I explain to the rat I have little interest in adventure. There is little he could offer me to warrant slaying a dragon and I have no interest or means of carrying piles of gold. If I were to go to his study it would be for the company and conversation. Not many chances to engage a scientific mind in the life of a wanderer.

(sorry if i miss anymore there is a lot to do yet)

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.31%
    @bigjoe
    Jerias, you smash every mirror that you can find. Suddenly, you notice a RAT is watching you with great intent. When you lock eyes with him, he roars.
    "YOU MONSTER!" the little thing shouts as he takes a bipedal pose and begins to gesture with his front paws. A magical symbol etches itself in the air in front of this little vermin, and from it spews forth a deluge of river water, jetting straight for you.
    The egg on your back twitches slightly.
    What do you do?

============

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you open the door to the captain's cabin. Inside, you find a desk, a stack of papers, and a husky man in a recliner, facing away from you. He's looking into some kind of ellipsoid CRYSTAL BALL. From your vantage you can see a picture-in-picture display of THE CLOAKED MAN FROM THE LOBBY in some kind of tavern, ZATAKA in a WINE CELLAR with that LADY BURGLAR from before, MALICHOR in an ORCHARD with a young wizard, and a SPEAR-TOTING LIZARDMAN smashing mirrors in a dark hall. He is making subtle gestures with his hands and mumbling as he watches, almost as if in a daze.
    It would appear that you've located TELIVAR'S STUDY.
    What do you do?

============

@mrz84
    Zataka, you bind the BURGLAR WOMAN and place her in one of the cells. The lock is flimsy, but it is the strongest you were able to locate. Confident she will be detained until you finish your business, you then return to the cask she was investigating.
    It's against the wall, but there doesn't seem to be anything significant about it. You decide to help yourself to the contents, so you grab a nearby FLAGON and tap the cask. Nothing. It appears to be empty.
    You stop to ponder, and that's when you notice the breeze. It's coming from behind the cask.
    What do you do?

=============

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you follow TOMA through the door, coming upon an ORCHARD contained within a COURTYARD. He doesn't notice you. Instead, he runs out of the ORCHARD through a door on the other side. You follow. The two of you come to a door that has been blasted open. Beyond is a crater and a clear view to the PUMPKIN PATCH.
    Toma turns back and bumps into you.
    "Oh, I'm dreadfully sorry, but I must go to the library and prepare a damage invoice. Master will want to know how much gold repairs will take."
    You ask why he doesn't seem concerned that the mansion is under attack.
    "Defense is not my responsibility. Besides, I'm sure master Telivar has thought up a suitable response already. He will be quite cross if I don't prepare these numbers quickly, though."
    You ask where the Wine Cellar is.
    "Oh, I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that people are not familiar with the layout of this place. You can find the wine cellar by taking the stairs down in the AVIARY or the TAVERN. The TAVERN is right over there, actually."
    What do you do?

=============

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you tell the rat that an adventure of dragonslaying would not suit you.
    "Well, good company is good company regardless, and perhaps there is another task I could pay you for... if not in gold then perhaps in fine spirits. Such is a matter to be discussed in person, however."
    Before the conversation can continue, the shockwave of an enormous explosion shakes the room.
    "What was that?! What if it's back! Oh ****!"
    The rat possessed by Telivar looks around frantically, as if it is looking through a different set of eyes.
    "No, not a dragon. One of its lackeys. Dragoon. I have to take care of this."
    The rat goes limp. You lean in closer and it awakens, squeaks, and flees to a hole in the wall. You assume the wizard has relinquished possession of its body.
    With your conversation partner gone, you decide to make your way to the study to continue the conversation in person (Only a soldier runs TOWARDS an explosion, after all). Taking the stairs down as far as you can go, you find yourself in the WINE CELLAR.
    You see the SOLDIER from the LOBBY tying up some woman in front of a wine cask. You hide around the corner and wait for him to depart. When he's gone, you approach the cask. As you suspected, it is the empty cask, so you turn the spigot and the thing opens like a door.
    Passing through, you shut the opening behind you. Walking down a long stairway, you come across a gigantic room, roughly fifty yards on each side, with a SEA OF GOLD filling it roughly halfway. There is a WARSHIP sailing in the distance and four SHORE BOATS docked at a pier near where you are standing.
    What do you do?

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%
    I catapult off of my spear towards the ceiling and cling to it tightly, hoping to avoid the deluge. If I am successful, I make an attempt to flee the area; This rat is a force to be reckoned with.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%
    I examine the wine cask again, this time fiddling with every possible thing I can to discover what mysteries it hides. I stay cautious however in the case of a trap.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    I keep my katana drawn but down. I take a step forward and say, "Expecting more company? My friends may be otherwise occupied, so we can start without them." When he turns to face me, I pull the wraithwood root from my pack and toss it to the floor in front of him. "First, we shall discuss this."
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.95%
    I am somewhat baffled by Toma's reaction. Does this sort of thing happen so often that the biggest concern is the cost? I stand and take in the scene of the crater and the blast as I put my stars away. Once Toma has left, I make my way to the Tavern.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.31%
    @bigjoe
    Jerias, you spike your spear into the ceiling and cling tight, narrowly evading the deluge. As the water clears, you see the rat flailing its paws in concentric circles, gathering the shattered MIRROR GLASS in a terrifying BALL OF DOOM. You flee through a door as the rat launches it.
    You are in a LIBRARY. The place is huge, four stories tall to be precise with books up the walls. A young man is sitting at a desk one floor down, frantically scribbling numbers on a roll of parchment. There are stairs going up and down, as well as a door to your RIGHT.
    The egg on your back twitches slightly.
    What do you do?

============

@mrz84
    Zataka, you fiddle with the cask, first pushing against the edges. You find that it is hinged on the right, set up to swing in. Figuring it is a door, you look for something that would function as a knob and quickly settle on the spigot. Indeed, as you turn it the face of the cask swings open. Passing through, you find a long staircase leading down. Following it, you come across a glittering SEA OF GOLD COINS as you enter a room roughly fifty yards on each side. There is a WARSHIP in the distance sailing in circles, and there are four SHORE BOATS docked near where you are standing.
    What do you do?

============

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, for a moment it seems as if the wizard has not heard you. However, he flinches upon realizing he has company and leans over slightly in his recliner. Turning his head, he looks at you and then to the object on the floor.
    "Oh, you're that elf fellow that was in the Pumpkin Patch earlier. So you're here about my offer then? What's that you want to discuss?"
    You explain rather forcefully that you found this specimen in HIS greenhouse.
    Squinting, he paws around his desk with his left hand. You raise your katana expecting an attack, but instead he grabs a pair of reading glasses and raises them to his eyes.
    "Well then, that appears to be the root ball of Toma's Wraithwood tree. My but he will be disappointed."
    You pound your fists on the table demanding an explanation.
    "The boy is working on his magister's thesis. This specimen was one of his experiments. He's no doubt cataloged the data by now, but I believe he was going to use the tree as part of his defense. He'll have to start over now."
    You vehemently demand to know where the Aasimar victim is being held.
    "He didn't use one, he used his own blood."
    This doesn't sound right. You did not sense an Aasimar presence when you entered the mansion. But it doesn't seem like Telivar is lying.
    "His thesis is aiming to redefine the way we look at magic. Though personally, given my own recent close encounter, the results of his studies seem almost textbook. Anyway, that's his work, you'll want to talk to him. I think I scried him in the LIBRARY."
    He shrugs.
    "Still, before you leave, would you care to discuss my BUSINESS PROPOSITION?"
    What do you do?

============

@Xyvol
    Malichor, taking in the grave crater with one last glance, you acknowledge that a mansion like this is an attractive nuisance for any manner of adventurer, so you assume damage and calculated repairs would be common. However, devastation of this magnitude seems a bit extreme to be blase' about. Perhaps it is a matter to be discussed with the manor's lord?
    You go into the tavern. The place is eerily quiet. There are tables on this level and a bartender's island in the center of the room. You take the stairs up to catch a quick gander at the other levels. On the second floor there is a table of BILLARDS. It has been recently used. Additionally, there is a great WALL OF SPIRITS and a traditional bar counter. Two glasses and a bottle of wine sit on the counter; the bottle is still open. A dumbwaiter is on this level; flour has been spilled within and there are rat footprints patterned in the dust.
    Going to the third floor, you find a series of small rooms, each with a bed. Somewhere for patrons to crash after a night of partying?
    Heading all the way down the staircase, you find an oaken door. Opening it leads you to the WINE CELLAR.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    I concentrate with my senses, trying to detect any sign of an aasimar presence. Even if he could mask it from being detected by other beings, that would not hide him from another aasimar. Unless he is actually a tiefling instead...they too could use their blood to grow wraithwood, but I would not sense a tiefling's presence. Meanwhile, I question this wizard about his business proposal.
    Last edited by TheDarkOne; 01-11-2015 at 07:11 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%
    I remember the command of the voice, to find the gold hidden beneath the mansion. This man is concerned with numbers, finances. He should know the whereabouts of what I am searching for. I sneak up on him to hold him up for the location of the gold. I have the drop on him; if he attempts to flee or attacks me, I am prepared to take him down.

Thread Information