Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%
    Quote Originally Posted by migokalle View Post
    Shane, what are you on about? There are only two kinds of people, don't be a silly goose. Otherwise, what other kind of mental gymnastics could we perform in order to put our own opinions about video games on a pedestal without outright saying that we think your opinion is worthless because you're clearly the wrong type of person to enjoy our civilized concepts?!
    w o k e

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    I personally think all forum threads should be allowed to be like this. People are finally expressing what they truly feel and think and its not as if there's no audience
    I'm not expressing how I truly feel. I'm just being a clown and a troll here just for the lulz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.09%
    what defines a type b quest @James24 im curious i want to make my own

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    what defines a type b quest @James24 im curious i want to make my own
    Type B (by my understanding) games would be something like Dark Souls, Ikaruga, or even RPGs with extreme difficulty modes, etc.; type B ZC quests would be in the range of Armageddon Quest and Liberation of Hyrule on one end, Zodiac and IOR somewhere in there, and some Nightmare quests and my owns quests at the other end somewhere. Since ZC quests are made by one person in their spare time most of the effort of "type-B" quests usually goes into trying to challenge the player in various ways rather than tell a story or create beautiful looking screens. ..Although C-Dawg manages to do all three of these which makes him a fucking legend.

Of course no one ever referred to these things strictly as type A or B as an absolute spectrum before James24 introduced them as such, which may be why he gets so much shit for it.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    Generally, to put it in lame man's terms:

Type A is graphics fest, easy, tells a beautiful story. Examples of games like this include FF4, FF7, and some of the easier ZC quests like The Revenge 2.

Type B games favor gameplay over visuals and gameplay story. Examples might include Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden on higher difficulties, Armageddon Quest, Green Ninja, Liberation of Hyrule, James Quest; Remastered, and maybe some fighting games.

Now keep me out of this damn topic.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Generally, to put it in lame man's terms:

Type A is graphics fest, easy, tells a beautiful story. Examples of games like this include FF4, FF7, and some of the easier ZC quests like The Revenge 2.

Type B games favor gameplay over visuals and gameplay story. Examples might include Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden on higher difficulties, Armageddon Quest, Green Ninja, Liberation of Hyrule, James Quest; Remastered, and maybe some fighting games.

Now keep me out of this damn topic.

-James
    This is why IMO I don't like putting all of human race into two categories. I play and enjoy both types of games, and takes a lot of inspiration from them. Also, while you guys say "Type A" and "Type B", lets not beat around the boosh, you mean casuals and real gamers. I get it because one of my best friend has the belief that gaming is being ruined by casuals and feel even Dark Souls has taken on way too much of a casual meme culture to be considered anything THAT hardcore and has now limited himself to online online fighting games.

But I can say for a fact that I love Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, and many of these games much more than some of the Zelda Classic quests that gets labelled "Type B" games here. Just figured I'd say this. When you start praising shit practices to defend your Type A and Type B argument, you're going down a very narrow road that less and less people will follow.

What ends up happening with this mentality is that you'll start believing "Type A" is what others approve of, and they are wrong because they are casuals and casuals should have no say in gaming (Because they are a cancer to gaming and are ruining gaming), and "Type B" is what I and "real gamers" approve of and we got the real experience in gaming and are the true minorities in this world that caters to teenagers and casuals.

I know this line of reasoning, and I guarantee there are fallacies to it. ;p

Long story short, if some of the people who talk about this "Type A" and "Type B" nonsense had my friend's standards in what he considers true difficulty, he'd tell you to play Tekken online and watch you get your ass handed to you. As for why he chooses Tekken of all fighting games, he says that while it's relatively easy for anybody to pick up it's harder than Street Fighter is to master. I also agree with him, there isn't much harder out there then online fighting tournaments. These are the real pros to gaming. Fighting games are so complex and difficult, most "Type A's as you'd put it" would not even play them, let alone compete online on a daily basis.
    Last edited by NewJourneysFire; 03-07-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.89%
    Please don't insult Dark Souls by calling it a type B game. The series is just as good at its art direction and minimalist storytelling as it is at being difficult. And even then, I feel that the supposed super high difficulty is largely overblown. Dark Souls has just as much appeal to more casual audiences as it does to elitist snobs who use terms like "Type A and Type B players". Because it's a good game.

Also maybe don't cite FF4 and FF7 as graphics focused games, Nightmare. Both used developing tech and as such, are ugly as sin compared to later games on their respective platforms.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosh View Post
    Also maybe don't cite FF4 and FF7 as graphics focused games, Nightmare. Both used developing tech and as such, are ugly as sin compared to later games on their respective platforms.
    And here's another thing. Castlevania IV, which was released around the same time as FFIV was a graphical marvel for it's time. But Castlevania IV was by some definitions a challenging game (albeit much easier than the Castlevania games that came before it and thus could be considered a Type A game to many). But you can see this is where the argument falls apart. FF4 was used as an example as a Type A game, but yet a more challenging game with superior graphics and level of detail was released at the same year? There eventually becomes placement issues with this philosophy. But again, I'd say most people who are for the "Type A and Type B" argument would not consider Castlevania IV a Type B game.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.82%
    Here's an idea: don't validate this insane retardation by discussing these ideas as if they are legitimate concepts. If these people want to keep jacking off that superiority complex of theirs, why not let them? They're clearly enjoying it a whole lot.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by migokalle View Post
    Here's an idea: don't validate this insane retardation by discussing these ideas as if they are legitimate concepts. If these people want to keep jacking off that superiority complex of theirs, why not let them? They're clearly enjoying it a whole lot.
    But that would make too much sense Robin.

Thread Information