User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which game would you like see our members play, stream, discuss, and review?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Actraiser

2 20.00%
  • Adventure Island II

4 40.00%
  • DuckTales

1 10.00%
  • Gradius

1 10.00%
  • Gradius III

0 0%
  • Super C

2 20.00%
  • Tetris

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: #1. March 1-15, 2017 Game Selection Poll

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%

#1. March 1-15, 2017 Game Selection Poll

It's time to choose our first game! All members are encouraged to vote on what they would like to see played. The nominations are as follows:

Actraiser

A masterpiece of game design originally released in the early days of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, ActRaiser’s enduring popularity stems from its revolutionary combination of action- and simulation-based game play. The user plays the role of the Master, a dethroned deity whose once idyllic world has fallen under the control of the Evil One. Stripped of godly power, the Master must somehow put an end to the Evil One’s reign and rebuild his desolate realm. Game play alternates between two modes: Action and Simulation. In Action mode, the Master must battle against impossible odds to pacify six lands. Pacifying a land unlocks Simulation mode. In this mode, the Master must oversee the development and repopulation of the territory he has reclaimed. In doing so, he will gain followers who gradually restore his godly might, empowering him to take back the next land and, ultimately, defeat the Evil One.

Adventure Island II

Soar into action with Adventure Island II. That Evil Witch Doctor's just snatched your favorite lady. As Master Higgins you've got to battle your way past EIGHT treacherous islands to get her back.
    Combat prehistoric monsters -- some of the creepiest, fire-spitting critters ever to slither across a video screen! Survive molten volcanoes. Dodge giant scorpions and king cobras. And the action gets even crazier with a new vertical/horizontal scroll, while stage select lets you control play.
    So sharpen your axe, slip on a leopard skin, and take off for ADVENTURE ISLAND II. It's gonna be a wild ride!!!

Duck Tales

Scrooge McDuck is the richest duck in the world. Regardless, he is searching the world for a lost treasure. He will have to explore jungles, castles, and mines to find all of the fortune. In each location he visits, Scrooge will also have to face a number of creepy and dangerous enemies. After completing one of the five levels, McDuck will be whisked to the next location by a variety of vehicles including transporters, a helicopter, and a UFO. Help a rich duck get even richer in Duck Tales.

Gradius

Blast your way to victory in this classic side-scrolling shooter. Across the galaxy, there exists a distant planet known as Gradius. Gradius’ peaceful existence has been brought to an end by an intense space invasion by a race known as the Bacterion. To save the planet, the hyperspace fighter Vic Viper has been deployed to fight the Bacterion invasion. Players pilot the Vic Viper through seven stages, shooting and dodging through deadly obstacles while using various power-ups, including missiles, lasers, options and shields. The Vic Viper's target is the enemy fortress, Xaerous. The only way to end the war is to plunge deep through the enemy forces and destroy its very core.

Gradius III

Return as the pilot of the Vic Viper starfighter to battle the onslaughts of the Bacterion Empire. Blast through 10 action-packed levels in space, destroying everything in your path. Customize and power up your ship with weapons and upgrades including speed-ups, missiles, lasers, options, and shields.

Super C

A killer instinct is all that matters in this doomsday extravaganza! In this action-packed sequel to the popular Contra, players have little time to think. Experience run-and-gun gameplay at its best as you take control of Mad Dog or Scorpion and once again battle the forces of Red Falcon. Stages feature a combination of perspectives (side scrolling, top down, etc.) and intense battles against huge bosses. Use a variety of powerful weapons and tap into your killer instinct to survive the deadly waves of enemies. Because if your trigger finger lacks stamina, then Earth will lack a future!

Tetris

Originally developed on a Russian DCC clone PDP Computer by a humble employee of the Moscow Academy of Sciences, Alexey Pajitnov's mega hit succeeds where other puzzle games have failed: by keeping it simple. Seven blocks, known as Tetraminoes, and one empty "well" quickly translate into hopeless addiction. There are few games that haunt you even after you stop playing -- but 30 minutes with this puzzle masterpiece and you'll see Tetris pieces wherever you look. No matter what platform it's on, Tetris remains one of the purest and accessible videogames ever made, proving that some of the most addictive games are the simplest.

Thanks for your time and good luck to the nominees!

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.78%
    Not even fair, you can't put a masterpiece like Duck Tales on there.
    Even that remake was solid.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    Quote Originally Posted by War Lord View Post
    Not even fair, you can't put a masterpiece like Duck Tales on there.
    Even that remake was solid.
    Don't blame me, blame @Gleeok .

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    I might join if you guys start with Actraiser. 8)

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I might join if you guys start with Actraiser. 8)
    Glad you like my nominee but it's not looking good. We'll play our own games...with blackjack, and hookers.

Playing through the sequel first is going to drive me insane so it looks like I need to put some time into Adventure Island over the next few days.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%
    I've never played the Adventure Island series. This will be interesting.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Miller View Post
    I've never played the Adventure Island series. This will be interesting.
    Me neither buddy. That's what's going to make "Play it Forward" so fun.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    No matter which one wins, I'm sure we'll all have fun. No if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the darkest corners of the internet to find all of the games on the poll I don't have roms of (for future...."research")
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    No matter which one wins, I'm sure we'll all have fun. No if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the darkest corners of the internet to find all of the games on the poll I don't have roms of (for future...."research")
    Why go to the darkest corners when you can just go to a paradise? As for your research, I can't decide if I want to do the same or wait for the games to win one of the polls...

I just wish I hadn't been scared to vote for my own nomination. Maybe it'll win next time around.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Why go to the darkest corners when you can just go to a paradise? As for your research, I can't decide if I want to do the same or wait for the games to win one of the polls...

I just wish I hadn't been scared to vote for my own nomination. Maybe it'll win next time around.
    I know what you mean by paradise (already there, just need to find Adventure Island 2)

As for research, I was referring to my hobby/habit of amateur sprite ripping of games I play. Though with sprite sites of late having better archives now than when I started Bar-Buddies, it seems kinda moot to continue ripping my own sprites unless its hard to find or hasn't been ripped yet (which is a rare case)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information