Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%

Post 7/5/13 Update Info [Ver 1.5.17]

So I thought I'd give a bit of an update on this, since it has been a while. A lot has changed since I released that early alpha build, and a lot of these changes stem from the feedback I got from the handful of folks who tested it out.

For starters the entire start-up window has been redone. The news feed has been removed, making it much more compact and tidy.

A big change is that the client window has been resized. This was an issue with people playing on older laptops with lower resolution. The 1.4 version was too tall, which left some players unable to chat and/or view the entire map. The 1.5 version has less height, and only slightly more width to accommodate this change. Of course this means the entire GUI was reworked as well. I think this latest layout and design is far superior to the old.

All of the character sheets are being redone because I recoded the way they are handled to make it suit what I want better. Paperdolling items align properly now, and you'll be seeing more of them.

Some interesting ideas for areas have sprung up from some older players lately as well. Such as the screenshot above of a work in progress concept; When you die, you go to an area known as the Farplane where you can heal and then be sent back to Alunia's surface. Stronger players will find themselves venturing around the Farplane, after defeating a guardian boss enemy, to get some otherworldly equipment.

A real time announcement system was implemented into the client (re: [MATERIA BURST] - [ACTIVE]). This will be each players direct notification area to what events are happening live from the admins. This will be used for server-wide quests, involving all of the players gathering items or battling enemies. A notification sound alerts players of an updated announcement.

Elemental weapons were further worked on. Additional elements have been added, as well as enemies that are weak and immune to these elements. Adding these elemental properties to spells will come shortly.

Synthesizing has been further developed. Most of the current Mythril weapons are implemented already, as is their crafting schematics.

Mining areas are being worked on as well. Mining tools will be required in order to dig up ores that can then be synthesized into various pieces of equipment.

Mapping in general has come to a near halt. If anyone is interested in mapping (following a loose planogram, then making up the actual design and finalizing it with details) let me know. I might be able to set you up with a current client.

Also if anyone finds themselves privy to making custom sprites/sprite alterations, let me know. Specifically those adept in spriting out animations. :)

OH, and @ctrl-alt-delete - there is an 80% chance that you will have Dragoons with a !Jump ability. I laid out the logic for it a few days ago.
    Last edited by MasterSwordUltima; 07-05-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    Blawdy blawdy stuff things shit words...

OH, and @ctrl-alt-delete - there is an 80% chance that you will have Dragoons with a !Jump ability. I laid out the logic for it a few days ago.
    ...That was the only thing necessary in that entire post...

Sounds amazing, man. Can't wait to try it out in a couple weeks. Thanks for working so hard.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%
    Let's see if this client will work with my system now. Hopefully I won't be getting 5000ms lag when I try to update a map. (I think the internet just sucks but it could be multiple issues.)

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    That very well could have been my previous ISP and router set-up that they made absurd claims about. This new connection is also one of two computers that run through this router (also iPods, tablets, 3DS, etc handhelds) through a direct wire. In the past it was sharing the connection with quite a few more actual computers and consoles that were constantly streaming media, be it music or netflix or what have you. So there should be a significant increase from the back end here.

I got such a kick out of seeing the paperdolling work properly, that I may introduce a new mechanic for MISC equipment that will give players some more customization options. Not sure exactly what yet, probably auras, fairies, wings, backpacks? I was messing around with various things. Paperdolling items onto character themselves is a tad bit tricky with so many different player sprites available and keeping placement uniform. So odds are that you won't see that broadsword on your character, but you will see a halo or a spirit following you from an item possessed with a familiar, or some such. Lots of potential here. :)

And as always, suggestions for items or game mechanics are allowed.

Update: Just finished adding in an algorithm for the Blood Sword. Just like in Final Fantasy 2(j), when you deal damage with the Blood Sword, you will get healed by a percentage of the damage dealt.
    Going to try to finish adding in Healing equipment tonight, for those who want to play WhiteMage.
    Last edited by MasterSwordUltima; 07-08-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Falicornia, SAU (Stanited Ates of Umerica)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.51%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    Mapping in general has come to a near halt. If anyone is interested in mapping (following a loose planogram, then making up the actual design and finalizing it with details) let me know. I might be able to set you up with a current client.

Also if anyone finds themselves privy to making custom sprites/sprite alterations, let me know. Specifically those adept in spriting out animations. :)
    Did you consider me? I contacted you a while ago about this. I have no special software, only MS Paint, right now. How do I get into mapping?

Also, I am a bit of a talented spriter. I know how to do animations, too.
    Beware the howl!!!

ZC Quest Progress:
    The Islands of Zelda - 92.4% complete

Randomness:
    Spoiler: show
    Just an idea I had for an advertisement:

Come to the town of Chewandswallow, and you, too, can look like me!

Think it will be effective? :)

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    I'm vouching for Lightwulf as he is a amazing spriter, he could be a great asset to this really he could be. :)

Thread Information