User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we make more forums?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep the forums we have.

1 7.69%
  • Keep new additions to a minimum.

5 38.46%
  • Sure, make as many as we need.

7 53.85%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ideas for new forums?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.51%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm lobbying for a streaming/Let's Play forum. This is so people can show off their quests and their other video game accomplishments and not be limited to like one thread.
    'Seems a little meager and redundant for a whole forum. Wouldn't gaming videos/streams go in VGD or ZCD? No reason to limit them to just one thread within said forums, but an entire forum seems like a low-traffic waste unless we were expecting a plethora of new video threads daily. It could just be the other game sites I spend time on; video threads are usually few and far between.

ASWGL was about the time and AGN population of that time. We had more females and a bunch of regulars who had not known much of anything about the opposite gender and more of an extended-friends-and-family atmosphere. Of course sex and naughty talk are always favorites so a new red light forum might catch on but ASWGL is like our childhoods: long gone and best viewed through the haze of sentimentality.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    'Seems a little meager and redundant for a whole forum. Wouldn't gaming videos/streams go in VGD or ZCD? No reason to limit them to just one thread within said forums, but an entire forum seems like a low-traffic waste unless we were expecting a plethora of new video threads daily. It could just be the other game sites I spend time on; video threads are usually few and far between.

ASWGL was about the time and AGN population of that time. We had more females and a bunch of regulars who had not known much of anything about the opposite gender and more of an extended-friends-and-family atmosphere. Of course sex and naughty talk are always favorites so a new red light forum might catch on but ASWGL is like our childhoods: long gone and best viewed through the haze of sentimentality.
    I agree completely. I know Liveplays are pretty popular these days, but I think they can go in VGD and ZCD. Both of those forums could use that activity.

Same with ASWGL. Coming back to AGN in my mid 20s the ASWGL lacked any draw but nostaglia. If we had a booming younger userbase I would support it coming back.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.37%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I don't have any problem with the forum being reopened, but it was closed due to inactivity. Do you really think it will be any more active now?
    XD I highly doubt it. Maybe it's best left closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    You know, when the bug forums were moved from the ZC Development category to the Zelda Classic category, the following bug categories just disappeared altogether: Bugs From Old Betas (not that it matters), Bugs in Limbo (not like this matters either), Quarantined Bugs, and Exterminated Bugs. But to be honest, the only problem I have with the absence of the Quarantined and Exterminated Bug categories is that, now we have no place to put any of those bug reports that have been labeled as fixed or not a bug, and it just clutters up all the bug categories that still exist today.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuppetSB View Post
    You know, when the bug forums were moved from the ZC Development category to the Zelda Classic category, the following bug categories just disappeared altogether: Bugs From Old Betas (not that it matters), Bugs in Limbo (not like this matters either), Quarantined Bugs, and Exterminated Bugs. But to be honest, the only problem I have with the absence of the Quarantined and Exterminated Bug categories is that, now we have no place to put any of those bug reports that have been labeled as fixed or not a bug, and it just clutters up all the bug categories that still exist today.
    These were deamed unnecessary. If we have a sudden explosion of bug reports and find a need for those then maybe one or both may come back. Bugs that are quarantined or exterminated can be labeled so in the title or in a reply.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    The one new forum I'd like to see under the General category is Table Games. It can be a catch all for everything from Advanced Dungeons and Dragons to Zombies!!!!. By which I mean, everything that is a game that isn't digital in nature.

General entertainment fits fine in General Discussion and Video Games get plenty of love, but we have a distinct lack of discussion for non-digital content that I think could benefit from a separate subforum.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    General entertainment fits fine in General Discussion and Video Games get plenty of love, but we have a distinct lack of discussion for non-digital content that I think could benefit from a separate subforum.
    This was my general thought stream as well for a time. I still want to think of something that nobody would think to post in GD, that when made visible and a place put right under peoples' noses, they'll think "Wait, I have something to talk about on this general subject!"

Thread Information