User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox (Pokemon Firered Hack)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.5%
    This sounds like it might be interesting. I lost my interest in Pokemon back when the Ruby & Sapphire games were around, but seeing it reborn as a Zelda title is a fascinating idea. Although I have to ask...does evolution come into play in this game? What would a Moblin, for example, change into when it evolves?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    This sounds like it might be interesting. I lost my interest in Pokemon back when the Ruby & Sapphire games were around, but seeing it reborn as a Zelda title is a fascinating idea. Although I have to ask...does evolution come into play in this game? What would a Moblin, for example, change into when it evolves?
    Yep, evolution is in the game, and I'm also going to do something Pokemon doesn't do; you'll be able to de-evolve if you want to, but you'll be missing out on learning new moves. The way I've been tackling this so far can be seen above with the ChuChus; I take the designs of the creatures from a couple different games whether it's from the official art or the in-game design, and set up an evolutionary chain based on those. So Windwaker ChuChu evolves into Majora's Mask ChuChu, and finally Skyward Sword ChuChu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.94%
    Recently finished 2 more ofthe character sprites;

And I'm working on Gekko... but I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out his arm positions(how I should tackle them.)

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%
    Dimitri's backsprite is awesome.

As for Gekko, I think his elbows should be down (almost touching his knees) but his hands should be raised, as if you just hit him between phases. That's sort of his iconic pose, at least in my mind.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Dimitri's backsprite is awesome.

As for Gekko, I think his elbows should be down (almost touching his knees) but his hands should be raised, as if you just hit him between phases. That's sort of his iconic pose, at least in my mind.
    I've done a little more work since I've been away from here. I did finish Gekko's front sprite and shiny, though not his backsprite yet. Also I did front sprites for Tektites and the Deku King(Mixed with the Deku Butler). Also Zora has a larger backsprite now.

Also working on the battle scene a bit:

Last edited by InnerMobius; 04-26-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    Some nice work. Also, am I the only one getting a "the Fonz" vibe from the front sprite for Gekko?
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%
    Hmm... do you think that maybe the Gorons should have those inanimate types (so they don't have gender)? I mean, the means through which they reproduce is never specified but I was always under the impression that they fragment into smaller copies, much like a mountain breaks off boulders or a plant buds infant clones of itself. That would certainly explain why most of them have nearly identical morphology (well, in a Pokemon rom you can't specialize anyway without making a new breed, but you get my point).

Anyway, if that's possible I think you should set the Goron breeds to be genderless.

Still, great work and keep the project rolling!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Hmm... do you think that maybe the Gorons should have those inanimate types (so they don't have gender)? I mean, the means through which they reproduce is never specified but I was always under the impression that they fragment into smaller copies, much like a mountain breaks off boulders or a plant buds infant clones of itself. That would certainly explain why most of them have nearly identical morphology (well, in a Pokemon rom you can't specialize anyway without making a new breed, but you get my point).

Anyway, if that's possible I think you should set the Goron breeds to be genderless.

Still, great work and keep the project rolling!

I'm going to keep the genders because I'll eventually have breeding... those competitive types always want to be able to get better EVs and IVs and the best way is always through breeding... which pretty much means that they'll all be in eggs anyways, just like in Pokemon. I also intend on having trading and link battling, because if you play pokemon on an android you can actually do that with your friends with the MyBoy emulator... otherwise I'd change it, but being genderless I don't think they could breed.

Side note, I've managed to change the battle backgrounds for field battles:

Thread Information