Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    There's actually some pretty great stuff this year. Especially the backwards compatibility of XBone, despite me bitching about Microsoft earlier, and some of the Nintendo stuff as well. ..

But the one thing I still don't get is why the hell everyone thinks Square Enix needs to remake FF7!? Seriously? It's already a game, and it's already called FF7, and if it is already so great then why does it need to be remade? I don't get it. I mean, looking back on their track record for FF remakes it seems like the graphics get overhauled--these always look pretty fantastic, kudos to the FF artist teams-- but the gameplay is either completely ignored, or made worse altogether. Can someone explain this to me?
    Well, I have thought about this a ton. As much as FF7 made me 'jizz in my pants' when I first saw it....It could seriously be improved.
    Graphics, obviously....heck VIII was waaaay more detailed than VII....
    What they could do now would bring a whole new group of fans...I would like to see my son enjoy this game...and I honestly don't think he would give it the same appreciation I have for it without an update in graphics.
    Skipping cut scenes and narrowing down the 'summon' animation is a must for me. 'Knights of the round' was cool to watch the first 200 times, but when I set my materia to repeat.....ugh.....I have seriously walked out of the room and made a meal....ate half of it....rinsed and repeated the game commands....ect...
    Get rid of the 'smart guy' cheats....like the 'Midgar Zolom' and learning 'Beta' early....
    Don't get me wrong....I like the fact that FFVII is full of interesting stuff like this and that it is 'kind of' non-linear...but...let's face it, it's a cheat.
    I don't like cheating.
    Quick dialog is another must...
    I press the 'command' button ....a sentence appears and I read it....(maybe the Japanese are slow readers or they think that the folks in the West are?IDFK FKEM)
    With that said...voice acting would be a cool thing....but not if they are going to force me to listen to it......the option of hitting 'command' and getting the words is good enough for me.
    I think the definition of the characters personality types can be more defined now that the authors are not so limited in their medium....I would like to see more of how Tifa and Cloud really reacted...ect...
    That cool, but stupid battle that you always have to return to ehh.... 'Fort Condor' (sorry took me a minute).... It would be nice if there was some way of warning you when 'they' were in danger....maybe a (this is how much 'time' you have left system)....so that you didn't miss any battles.... (granted, most were crap)

But, to the defense of what you are saying, it seems that the FFVII world will not even be the same....perhaps they are thinking 'multi-player'.....I just hope they don't fk this up
    J~
    A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

Mitch Hedberg

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    What I want to know is if my Xbox 360 digital library will transfer to the XBone. I have a lot more games downloaded from Xbox Live than I do on discs. I also wonder if using the discs just triggers a digital download of the game or only a patch. XBone might need a 2gig or higher HDD support since my 250 gig HDD on my 360 is pretty full and I don't even have a lot of games.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    What I want to know is if my Xbox 360 digital library will transfer to the XBone. I have a lot more games downloaded from Xbox Live than I do on discs. I also wonder if using the discs just triggers a digital download of the game or only a patch. XBone might need a 2gig or higher HDD support since my 250 gig HDD on my 360 is pretty full and I don't even have a lot of games.
    To the Cloud!!!

This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    To the Cloud!!!

Cloud is only on PlayStation!

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Thread Information