20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.72%
    Hmm, it definitely will be bizarre to play Chrono Trigger again, that's for certain.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.8%
    To be honest, I thought, and truly hoped that this was only a joke thread. Though I never really knew him (me being much more of a lurker than a poster on this forum), it just seems so strange and unreal that he's gone. This news came out of no where...

I am very sorry for you too, Lilith. And to his family and those who knew him personally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.84%
    Holy shit.

Glenn is one of those guys who was just such a pillar of the community, you'd always figured he'd be around. I haven't really been here in nearly a decade it feels like, and I still remember Glen butting heads with admins, or running the knight's templar. It's surreal to here he's gone. I don't know what to say, guys. I know I don't really hang out here anymore, but my condolences for your loss and to his family.
    If you see a guy named SSJ3500, punch him in the nose for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.99%
    I've actually thought about this a bit every day since CAD told me. It's a surreal thing - to know someone who has passed, but it's also someone that you don't "know".

It's weird to me that I would have much feeling about this, but the more I think about it, it makes sense that it would be more than just a "Oh that's a shame". I never want to be one of those phonies who pretend that they care because they're supposed to seem like they do and I certainly don't want to make this about me at all. But it's actually a really sad thing that has happened. I think a few people hit the nail on the head about Glenn being a pillar, Glenn seeming sort of "AGN Eternal". I think that "shenanigans" is a very fitting send-off for him - that was always his reputation. Not really anything malicious, just shenanigans. And that's really a perfect description of what we do here at AGN. I liked interacting with Glenn because I think he wouldn't really take it seriously ever. He was someone I could push and he'd push back, but it wasn't a big deal. So that was fun.

I guess I've known Glenn for 12 years or so? It's all jumbly, those early years I was more or less just obtaining consciousness anyway. I've "known" Glenn longer than most people in my life. So my two words are surreal, and shenanigans.

That's how I feel. I don't believe in any sort of afterlife, and it's times like this that I wish I did. I hope there is some sort of something, and that a tragic, awful ending isn't the end for Glenn. And I hope that they find whomever was responsible, if that is an applicable situation.
    And Queenie, what you wrote was moving. Keep writing.

EDIT: JESUS I submitted my post and when the page refreshed Stormwatcheagles crazy ass signature popped up. Cool it with that thing, man :)

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    It's what Glenn would have wanted; for us to rave on.

... ... and rave on, we shall.

I would probably feel a lot worse about it if I didn't believe in an afterlife of sorts, but beliefs are funny like that. People who believe in reincarnation tend to celebrate death rather than mourn it. Get in, learn what you need to, get out and go home, and do it all again.

I wonder what he's learned from all of us before his life was completed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.67%
    RIP Glenn!
    www.gameclimate.com
    Armageddon Games Administrator

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%
    RIP Glenn.

I've been tied up for a few weeks and I just heard the news. I'll just share a few thoughts in memory of him.

My interactions and knowledge of Glenn were limited to a period of time around 10-14 years ago, when I was just beginning to learn about the world. Because of the strength of his personality, Glenn helped open a new world of ideas to me. He presented himself so well online - at least for the standards at the time, that I couldn't help but hang on his every word as if he had something wonderful to say.

A lot of the things Glenn said during that span of time were things I wasn't ready to hear. About atheism, especially. But he was so well-spoken, I couldn't discount him completely. Over the years I have thought very carefully about some of the things he said in many of the more intellectual discussions on this forum, and I can say now that he was integral to my development. Without him, I would be more ignorant than I am now. Without him, I would be less understanding than I am now. Without him, I would be less than I am now. Thank you, Glenn, for being a part of my life and taking the time to share your mind with all of us.

O_o?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    I was just informed about this today. Makes me reflect on some of my past actions how I treated Glenn years ago. (me blowing up his hyrulefantasy site) But besides the major issues him and I had he was always a decent guy to talk to. Very lively no matter what bullshit he was going through. You are going to be missed Glenn. See ya on the other side man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by hellebeest View Post
    Seems I'm logging in again because another member has passed away, first Dark Nation now Glenn the Great and at such a young age.
    Again not just any member, but one Greately known.... R.I.P.
    It's terrible... I like to pop in here a couple times every year to see what's up, and nothing but a lot of sadness as of late. Glenn and I only talked a handful of times over the years, but he was a genuinely cool guy and was absolutely a pillar of the community. I wish the best to his friends and family.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%
    I never had the pleasure of meeting Glenn, but I'm sure that he was a good person and a valued member.

Thread Information