1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.14%
    My personal definition pretty much boils down to "don't be an asshole".

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by lineas View Post
    What's wrong with spelling color with a "u"? Americans are like the only English speakers in the world who don't. Same thing with humor and honor.

For me, I think we think too much about the meaning of life. For me, the meaning of life is just to live, and not worry about the purpose of it all. I don't know if there's a god, or an afterlife, or a flying spaghetti monster, because those things can't be proven. BUt what I DO know is that we all have THIS life, and if we were all more concerned with how we live THIS life, then I don't think the next one will be an issue. I believe the meaning of life is to live and let live, to pursue your own happiness, as long as you don't hurt others along the way.

America is also the only English speaking country that can't spell or pronounce the word Zim correctly, although it's only three letters.
    Just kidding, America isn't a country, silly.
    Last edited by Zim; 08-25-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.41%
    Well, I dunno how it would be so hard to spell, but I always just assumed it rhymed with "him", like the title character from "Invader Zim"
    Please check out my current project, The Legend of Zelda: Trials of the Gods
    http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...ls-of-the-Gods
    Current release: V3.1 (Demo)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by lineas View Post
    Well, I dunno how it would be so hard to spell, but I always just assumed it rhymed with "him", like the title character from "Invader Zim"
    I've got, "What, Zeb? Zach? Zem? Zin? Zel? Zeep? Beep? What?"
    I walked into a hospital and walked out with a certificate with the wrong name on it.

To keep this on track with topic though, for now I'll just be grateful that the meaning of life for me doesn't appear to be other people's pronunciation or spelling practices.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    The meaning of life is either "To preserve your genes" if you ask a biologist or "to create your own meaning/purpose" if you ask anyone who is philosophically inclined.

As for me, well I wanted to be an astronaut but then I found out I'm too short, I need to be in the millitary beforehand, and I use glasses. So that dream was shot dead pretty quick.

Honestly I have no clue otherwise what the meaning of MY life is. Trashing the cherished beliefs of christians and other assorted nutjobs has thus far been fairly satisfying, though, so so far that seems to be it.

Oh! And I guess to create a video game (or games) that doesn't suck. Even though not quite as impossible as the astronaut bit, still massively, massively annoying and a pain in the arse.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.1%
    Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    The meaning of life is either "To preserve your genes" if you ask a biologist
    The whole importance placed on preserving your genes (procreation) is certainly how we got to be where we are. On the planets where that wasn't the goal, life never got past the proto-bacteria stage.

As far as meaning of life is concerned, I'm only here because my parents decided they'd rather raise a baby human for a change instead of getting another kitty.
    As awesome and as intelligent as I am, the world could have managed well enough without me.

I imagine that if I were a kindergarten teacher I would look at my new set of 30 students each year and think "Wow, most of these children are accidents. The result of many a bored, drunken night at the trailer park. The result of a woman who threatened her husband, who only wanted sex, with divorce if they couldn't start a family together. But they're in this world now, and they're helpless if we don't educate them."

Sometimes when I'm out driving on the interstate I look out at all the thousands of passengers sitting in hundreds of cars, and then I look at myself sitting in my car, and I wonder if all these people think their lives are really all that special and unique.
    Surely many of them think that they have a purpose in this world, a specific thing they were sent here to do, and an expectation to be selfless and help others.

You have to put yourself first. In the end it is all you've got. All you will take from this world are your own experiences. You didn't decide to be here, so you don't owe anyone anything. Make the most of your life, you might as well.

Shattered Earth, coming soon!

Mappers needed. If you want to help, send a PM to MasterSwordUltima.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    The meaning of life is pwning noobs.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.99%
    I don't know about any "meaning" to my life, or life in general. I don't know of any "purpose" either, other than what we create. I find many aspects of this universe to be wonderful and others terrible. I wish I could have the same positive outlook on life that Carl Sagan did, but sometime I just can't. While I'm here, I hope to do my best to improve the quality of life of others and try to find happiness for myself, since that is what feels good to me. Ultimately though, I wish I never even existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    The meaning of life is pwning noobs.
    If one wants to truly pwn, one must pwn in all games.

Thread Information