1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%
    The first super boss I ever beat in a game was Culex from Super Mario RPG. Took freaking forever.

Ruby and Emerald Weapon from FFVII were a bitch when I was younger. Though, I remember when the game was still new, my cousin and I were playing. We had no idea that Emerald's Aire Tam attack dealt 1111 damage for every piece of materia equipped. On dumb luck, we had two HP plus materia on Cid and Cloud, bumping their HP to 9999 each. Emerald used the attack right after a megalixer was used, and bam, both Cloud and Cid got lucky 7's. We nearly shat ourselves.

I also remember being completely outclassed by Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts... though that battle seems super easy now.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.88%
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWWFe-GQ_ZQ

Pictured: what happened to my sanity.

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.43%
    How can I forget this battle? I beat this a couple of years ago. Hardest boss I ever faced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfsM_r6ep6Q

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%
    Without a doubt. Ozma from FF 9 and the Emerald Weapon from FF 7 where a couple of the biggest bullies I've ever encountered. I never did defeat Ozma. The Emerald weapon I actually beat without the aid of the underwater materia because at the time I didn't know it existed. I just kept using W-Summon along with Knights Of The Round and Mime. Man what a frustrating turd he was! Damn near set fire to my console in anger.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    There was the Abyssion Battle from Tales of Symphonia. A rather lengthy side-quest culminates in this rather secretive battle with a boss that has arguably the largest hit point pool in the game, going well into the range of the somewhat ridiculous. If memory serves, after the battle is won, you get to keep the purified versions of the armaments you had collected during the side quest. Not too bad. Been a while though.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.04%
    I remember reading in Nintendo Power or some magazine like that from way back then that some boss at the end of some game literally couldn't be defeated. Anybody have any idea what that might be?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.31%
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    There was the Abyssion Battle from Tales of Symphonia. A rather lengthy side-quest culminates in this rather secretive battle with a boss that has arguably the largest hit point pool in the game, going well into the range of the somewhat ridiculous. If memory serves, after the battle is won, you get to keep the purified versions of the armaments you had collected during the side quest. Not too bad. Been a while though.
    No, you're right. They're Karma weapons, so they do more damage for each enemy you've defeated with them. They start off pretty weak, though, so it makes you wonder if it's worth-while. Once purified, though, they tend to critical for lots and lots of damage, so I guess it balances out.

The video you linked to clearly has max level characters. To beat the guy without farming like crazy, use an All Divide to cut damage in half, and then make sure you've brought Raine in your party (to heal everybody. Because Healing isn't technically damage, the All Divide makes it twice as effective). Then it's less devastating a battle and more an exercise in tedium. If I remember correctly, it took me close to 30 minutes to beat the guy.

EDIT: Whoops, sort of cut off CAD there. No, I don't remember hearing about an unbeatable boss, but I wasn't a subscriber to Nintendo Power.
    Last edited by CJC; 09-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    I remember reading in Nintendo Power or some magazine like that from way back then that some boss at the end of some game literally couldn't be defeated. Anybody have any idea what that might be?
    Hi ctrl-alt-delete.
    Don't hold me to this. It's been a LONG time. But it might be the boss from Bionic Commando. He's indestructible, but you must destroy a power core on the wall behind him to win.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.24%
    I never really had trouble with superbosses unless you count Touhou, which is a SHUMP, and its ludicrous Extra Bosses. Fujiwara no Moku's 5th card attack from Imperishable Night is literally unbeatable until you figure out a very obscure trick involving the laser she sweeps the screen with. I've seen some of Ran Yukamo's attacks from Perfect Cherry Blossom and Koishi Komeji's from Subterranean Animism and many of what I've seen were downright insane.
    As far as RPGs are concerned I haven't fought many and out of them I can only recall Bonetail from Paper Mario TTYD, Wracktail from SPM, Dark Heroes from SPM, Egg Dragon from Lufia II and King Slimes from Lufia II.
    Bonetail I found to be pretty easy. I just charged and charged until I was at the stage where Mario did 30s per stomp while I used Madame Flurrie to cover him and Vivian to hide from his charge attacks. Not only did Bonetail go down pretty smoothly, but my charged attacks also completely overran his reanimate ability that heals him 20 or so HP per use. I personally had more trouble with the Shadow Queen because she could do multiple attacks per turn, doing up to 21 damage or more if I wasn't careful. In contrast, Bonetail could do only 8 per turn unless he charged up to do 20.
    Wracktail was more of a challenge, as his Wrackles could spit flames out at you, but Luigi's Super Jump made him relatively easy to deal with.
    The Dark Heroes were literally pushovers because, after buffing myself up with Lovely Pasta, I actually OHKOed each of them with Bowser. Though that was because I ended up being very overlevelled after multiple attempts to get to them.
    The Egg Dragon was the only secret boss that I actually had trouble with as he did massive damage with each of his attacks and could easily wipe out my whole party in a turn if he ended up confusing/killing my healer and following up with the attack that hits all of my party while they are weak. He also had a buttload of HP, making the fight last for ages. Fortunately, there is also a bug you can exploit which will allow you to kill him in a single turn.
    The King Slime from Lufia II is only difficult because you have to kill him within three turns or he kills himself, leaving no item behind. He has 9999 HP, which makes him very difficult to kill within that time. This is all the more annoying because the only time you can fight him is when you get right to the bottom of of the Ancient Cave, which has 100 floors, and you have to redo the entire thing just to fight him again.
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%
    whoops, already posted in this thread back in March.

So, to avoid restating what I've already said, I'll just say I still to this day have not beaten Omega or Shinryu from Final Fantasy V. Nor have I ever beaten Ozma.
    Last edited by Aliem; 09-22-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Thread Information