7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    As crazy as this will sound, if you're entering that room from the south, you can't go anywhere--it'll be a dead end. And if you entered from another direction (and you got the clue about this type of room), then you'll know which item to use for advancement. However, that's later in the dungeon, and optional. Go one room south of that, and explore it very carefully.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.72%
    Quote Originally Posted by Imzogelmo View Post
    Go one room south of that, and explore it very carefully.
    One room south has a bunch of floating eyes (easy to kill) and a lot of red water. I can't get to the right side or the bottom.

There was a room in Level 8 that had a door I couldn't get to, either. Are they related? Is there another item I need, that I never found?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    I believe that you missed an item. If you go to the place where level 7 was in the first quest, it has a hint.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.72%
    Yeah, I got what I needed. Still going through Level 9.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.64%
    lvl5 - seems possible to get trapped in the level by the red bubble right of the "use the whistle" guy. the only blue bubble i know about is 2 rooms above, but i can't get back there because i can't kill the vires to open the bridge, and i can't backtrack to entrance because of the pushblock guarded by wizzrobes.

edit: nevermind, found a bomb wall and a blue bubble. didn't have any bombs the first time around though.

also seems weird that you colour coded the double push blocks in this level but not in the previous one.

edit2:
    lvl8 - two places to possibly get stuck.
    if you get hit by red bubble before or after getting mirror shield, you can get stuck fighting the wizzrobes inside that brick enclosure when you leave the item room. i was ok since i had some bombs, but maybe put the return square outside the enclosure.
    i was still jinxed and i tried to get back up to item or life room (not sure where the next blue bubble is), i ran out of rupees in the conveyor/target room and while i'm not stuck, its a huge pain in the ass. the $$ for the money or life room seems a bit steep (especially with the 250 bomb upgrade earlier in the dungeon, and rocking the arrows early in the dungeon before getting wand).
    i've been in and out of this dungeon 4 times now, 1st - didn't have enough money, 2nd - hit by likelike in map room (stupid conveyors), 3rd - hit by likelike in mirrorshield room (stupid conveyors) and subsequently killed by wizzrobe. i was super psyched to grab the mirrorshield so i wouldn't have to worry about likelikes again (i was hit by another likelike in the mirrorshield room but had enough life to survive the wizzrobes on my 4th attempt). going back out in search of rupees and blue bubble...

edit3:
    next run in, take passageway that brings me back to start. uggh.
    next, killed by patra2
    next, i kill patra2 - what?!?! it wasn't guarding anything. uggh. used my potion. no boss key. go out to get another potion.
    next, looking for boss key. looking for boss key... sick of this, look in questfile for boss key. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!
    next, die at boss. i'm done for now. i hate this dungeon - tedious to the extreme.
    Last edited by justin1; 02-11-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    I was originally going to put a wallet upgrade in the quest, so that the rupee demand wouldn't be so bad, but I decided against it (plenty of extra stuff already). The thinking is that most folks would skip the bomb upgrade until some later time when they just have it at max anyway (you're not likely to need that many bombs). With that in mind, I sprinkled in some 10-rupee prizes in there so you should have enough for the needed arrows. Then, the money-or-life room.. I was just being mean there.

The mirror shield room is one that I died a lot of times on myself, so I know how hard it is. I actually turned the difficulty down on it a lot. It originally had like 4 blue wizzrobes. I don't think you can get stuck there, though. You shouldn't be able to get inside the enclosure if there are any enemies (aside from the red bubble). If that hits you (which is really unlucky as I placed the water there for you to use the ladder on and "hide"), then you can leave to the east and go up, up, left, and down to the blue bubble and then down again to try again. If you're out of rupees, then you can leave the dungeon. If you're out of bombs, you're still not stuck, but it does give you less leeway. If you're out of both, I believe the wand is all you need to totally escape the dungeon (and there is always the shortcut near the end of the level). The enclosure's wall being removed is supposed to be permanent after you trigger it the first time though, so the fact you got into the stairs should mean that you're able to leave the room.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.64%
    when is anyone going to come back for the bomb upgrade? its already level8. i'm thinking i need more bombs for this level (since it is so early in) or for lvl9. by this point in the quest, the player has already uncovered every or nearly every overworld secret - so there isn't piles of money laying around to pick up. its all grinding. i'm just doing laps of the graveyard.

i killed all the enemies, got the mirror shield. when i came back out i was inside the enclosure with the red bubble, it hit me, two teleporting wizzrobes had also respawned, and i was forced to fight them to reopen the enclosure to leave - without bombs i wouldn't have been able to do so. you must have a splitting enemy in the room that is causing the enemies to respawn. easy solution would be to put the return square outside the enclosure, and/or get rid of splitting enemy. OR get rid of the red bubble.

also, how would anyone be able to use the ladder on the water to avoid the red bubble when the water is inside the enclosure? sure you could use it after coming back out, but the red bubble spawned right in front of me.

edit: ya, you have two splitting vires in that room.

edit2: beat lvl8 on my first try today. onto lvl9 with trepidation...
    Last edited by justin1; 02-12-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.64%
    appears that i'm stuck in lvl9. in room with brick wall at bottom with target below it, mirrorrobes and polsvoice and red bubbles. i picked up a clock. can't kill mirrorrobes now, and no way out of room.

also, this quest is giving me an eternal hatred for the glitchy 4-way ladder. been stuck and had to quit too many times.

edit: done. thoughts later.
    Last edited by justin1; 02-12-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.72%
    PHEW!

OK, I finally completed this quest.

Certainly, from beginning to end, the most puzzle-filled quest I've played. I can't help but think you overdid some aspects.

Like the dungeons. Some of your new creatures are plain nasty. The new Wizzrobes, in particular, are tough.

A couple sections are, simply, no fun. The one room with the blue Darknuts and blue Bubbles, you can't reach most of the creatures without the beam, forcing you to either (a) use up a potion, or (b) leave and come back over and over, taking out the single Darknut each time and hoping a heart comes out, repeating until you're full on hearts.

Your new ladder is a bit buggy. On one occasion, I got stuck and had to quit. (Someone else used the same item, but opted simply for a darker brown. That one was more solid.

Died a lot going through that last level. The new sword technique made killing Ganon easier, despite needing 16 hits. (Darknuts are harder, at least the way I usually kill them.)

Heckuvan effort. Became too frustrating at times; I think some of the really obscure clues could use a bit more 'scaffolding'. Not my favorite quest, but a solid one nonetheless.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%
    It seems that my global script isn't quite working. It is intended to prevent clock drops in certain rooms (namely, ones where you are locked in and all enemies are not accessible when they are stopped).

I appreciate the honest feedback, and if it could be made better without serious nerfing, i'm open to it. I really wanted to capture the feeling of not-knowing-quite-how-stuff-works that you feel when first playing a game, while still staying true to existing Zelda themes in most ways.

In particular, regarding the ladder getting you stuck-- is there a certain room or pattern of tiles that is causing you to get stuck? If it is as simple as a redesign on some rooms, then that may be the way to go to make the quest all it can be.

Thread Information