221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.27%
    I carefully get into one of the boats and, with even greater care, attempt to row to the warship. I attempt to time my approach to prevent capsizing. This gold may look solid, but my battle-trained senses tell me that a fall into it would be the last mistake I make.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.98%
    The tavern certainly looks built and stocked to accommodate a large number of people. I'm curious as to how often the mansion has invited guests and parties. Suspecting the open bottle of wine was used recently, I prepare to encounter another adventurer as I enter the Wine Cellar.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.33%
    @TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you try again to sense Aasimar blood off the wizard or another inhabitant of the mansion, but find nothing. From what you can see of the mansion lord there is no evidence of infernal blood on his physical presence, nor does he have the air of a pact beneficiary. He is, however, concealing his right arm. You ask about the business proposal.
    "Well, it's actually TWO proposals, one in the short term and one in the long term. I'll start with the short term. My home was recently assaulted by a dragon."
    A pneumatic tube descends from the ceiling and from it erupts a small scrap of paper.
    "Ah, damage reports for the brewery. Hmm... we're going to need a quarry."
    You look at him, confused.
    "Sorry, this will only take a moment."
    The ship lurches to the left and then settles into calm sailing once more.
    "Right then, that takes care of that. They'll begin repairs in the morning."
    He quickly scribbles something on a scroll of paper, sends it back through the tube, and then it vanishes again into the ceiling.
    "Anyway, long story short I need somebody to kill the dragon and bring me samples from its body. Scales, fangs, bones, whatever you can pry off the thing. I'll pay double if you can bring me the whole body intact. Though I suppose before I offer such a bonus I should ask you to name your price."
    What do you do?

============

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you grab the young man by his throat and hoist him up into the air. Strangely, the look of fear on his face (an expected reaction) quickly turns to excitement as he assesses you with his eyes. You correct his reaction with a few forceful lashes of your tail. You begin to speak. It is difficult at first; the words are familiar but you can't comprehend how to shape them with your mouth. 'The Gold' you say in a forceful, intimidating hiss.
    He tries to speak, but your claw is on his throat and all that emerges is a gasp. You drop him.
    "My goodness, look at you! An honest-to-goodness dragon corrupted dragoon!"
    He seems to be analyzing you as if he is trying to catalog your characteristics.
    "Would you mind terribly if I harvested a few samples? Some scales, a tooth, what have you? I'm sure they'll grow back".
    You once again remind him: 'The Gold'.
    "Bit of a one-track mind on you. Let's have a gander, shall we?"
    He locks eyes with you. By instinct you interpret this as an aggressive act, and so lunge forward to bite. But he has already recoiled and he is visibly shaking.
    "I... I..."
    Once more you remind him: 'The Gold'.
    "Yes, yes, the gold. Please, follow me."
    He leaves the room through the door on this floor. What do you do?

============

@mrz84
    Zataka, indeed the gold appears solid when you examine it, as it should. However, the oars of the shore boat pass through it as if it were water or, perhaps more appropriately, molasses. As you row towards the boat you are startled by a spontaneously forming maelstrom near its port stern. What could only be described as a HOLE draws in floods of the gold and your boat with it. Then, just as spontaneously as it had begun, the maelstrom ceased. You and your ship are in position at the port side of the boat, but there is no crew to hoist you aboard.
    Unfortunately you parted with the GRAPPLING HOOK. Still, there are CANNONS on this side of the ship, so you decide to climb in there.
    It's DARK. There is a painting of a BOAT on the wall, barrels of GUNPOWDER in a room to your left, and a LOCKED DOOR to your right. You have a general sense of unease standing in here. Is it the rocking of the boat? Or something worse?
    What do you do?

============

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you enter the WINE CELLAR expecting to encounter another adventurer, and indeed you do. As you step into the area you see a series of OUBLIETTES in a row, and one of them houses an unconscious WOMAN tied up with some kind of grappling hook. In the wine cellar itself there is a single cask with its face open, revealing a stairway leading DOWN. Clearly someone has been here first.
    The woman is human: a brunette wearing mostly black clothing. Her hair is badly tangled to the right, indicating she is left-handed. She has a CROSSBOW on her belt. You do not detect any magic on the woman. Some kind of strike to the head knocked her unconscious. You wonder if she in danger of expiring from the complications of a concussion. Who tied her up?
    And more importantly, what do you do?

============
    @SUCCESSOR
    Reven, hearing footsteps you shelter yourself with your cloak, pretending to be a pile of rags. The SOLDIER from the LOBBY walks past you, boarding one of the shore boats and rowing his way to the WARSHIP in the distance. He does not notice you as he goes past. During his approach you notice a portal of DARKSPACE open in the gold, drawing in an incalculable sum of coins and then spontaneously closing again. During this even you also notice that the gold seems to be flowing as a liquid, rather than the solid it should. You confirm your suspicions by reaching into the gold; it runs through your fingers. Grabbing a nearby bucket you dunk it into the gold and pour it out on the dock. Odd... on the dock it behaves as a solid, and the metal was able to interact with it correctly. A limitation of the magic, perhaps? The lord of the mansion made no mention of this when he invited you down here; was it simply an oversight or did he want you to observe his power firsthand? Or is this some kind of test? A matter to be discussed in person indeed.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.27%
    Taking in my surroundings, I formulate several scenarios of what I could do, and decide to start by examining the painting of the boat in detail before turning my attention to the locked door. Knowing how dangerous gunpowder is, I decide to leave it be for the time being.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.41%
    Wary that he might be leading me into a trap or ambush, I follow him cautiously with my spear drawn. I have a feeling that I just need to get eyes on the gold and I will satisfy the voice.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.37%
    "My price for slaying a dragon? How much do you suppose a life is worth these days? I don't know if I should be flattered that you think so highly of my abilities, or insulted that you would send me to my death." Then I step forward, raising my sword a bit. "Now, tell me of this Toma. He is no aasimar; how does he grow wraithwood?"
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.98%
    I check the room for any clues to the struggle involving the woman, to try to discover if she is friendly or a threat. She may be tied up as a result of encountering one of the other adventurers I came in with, or it could be another reason entirely. Didn't the Soldier have a grappling hook he tried to use at the front door? I will check her wound to make sure it isn't life threatening. If it is, I will attempt to stabilize her so she won't die. If not, or when I'm done, I continue through the wine cask and down the stairs.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.33%
    @mrz84
    Zataka, inspecting the painting you notice that it is a landscape interpretation of the very ship you are currently occupying. As you look closely, a door on the painting seems out of place. Running your finger down the canvas you find a key has been painted into position and you tear it free. You put the key in the lock and turn it.
    Making your way to the DECK, you see a cabin door which subsequently shakes as if struck by a heavy object. You can hear voices inside.
    What do you do?

============

@bigjoe
    Jerias, as you follow the young man into the lobby he turns on his heel. Flailing his hands, he animates the CURTAINS and ensnares you. You burn them and stab him with your spear, striking him in the shin. He screams, flailing as the fire-wreathed fabric dances across the lobby. Frantically forming a ball of light in his hands the stuck wizard tries to fling it at you, but you grab him and redirect his blast downward, opening a gaping hole in the floor. You see a WINE CELLAR below and, more importantly, below that is a SEA OF GOLD.
    What do you do?

============

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, the hedge wizard glares at you.
    "Put that away. I told you he's redefining how we think about magic. Clearly he found a workaround."
    As his eyes lock on yours, his right eye flashes orange, the pupil contracting into an... obelus? Division sign eyes, weird. Within a moment it reverts to a milky blue.
    "Honestly yes, dragonslaying is a risk and you are expendable. But I wouldn't just fling you into a conflict you don't believe in. That's what gold is for, and clearly you can't be bought."
    You swipe your sword at him but he catches it with his right hand. Or rather his right claw.
    "But if I can't bribe you into helping me, perhaps I can scare you. This is dragon corruption, and this is just the tip of the iceberg."
    He flings you against the cabin door.
    What do you do?

============

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you don't see any evidence of a struggle, but you do see scuffs on her clothes. She's been dragged here. Checking her eyes you find that she is responding correctly to light; she doesn't appear to have a concussion. Assuming she is a prisoner of the soldier, you leave her constrained. As you head for the cask, a TERRIBLE ORB OF LIGHT blasts through the ceiling and--subsequently--the floor. Looking up, you see a LIZARDMAN glaring down the hole. Looking down, you see a glorious OCEAN OF GOLD.
    What do you do?

============

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, a TERRIBLE ORB OF LIGHT blasts through the ceiling of the grand room you now occupy, crashing into the gold with a splash.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.27%
    I hasten to the door and attempt to enter it. If a conflict is at hand, perhaps I can put a stop to it with words. Otherwise I'll be forced to use my greatsword, with a fire enchantment ready to cast on it.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.37%
    My natural elven sense of balance allows me to right myself as I am flung towards the door. I glare at the wizard, daring him silently to attempt anything, but he stares calmly back. I consider attacking, but not knowing what other effects his "dragon corruption" might have on him, I think better of the notion and sheath my weapon. "You are correct, I cannot be bought. As for your 'conidtion,' that is your problem and not mine, therefore I leave you to it. I do not believe we have anything left to discuss, and so good day to you." I turn and reach for the door handle, but keep my senses attuned to defend against anything he might send at me from behind.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thread Information