Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%

NES Collection

Hey Guys. Check out my full NES collection.

Comments? Thoughts?
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Took me 6 years to 'beat' Zelda 2 (And by beat, I mean get to Thunderbird and die horribly), but it was okay.

Solstice 2 - Equinox is a favorite in my SNES collection; I wonder how Solstice plays (You should do a review on that one).

Also, no Xenophobe?! Blasphemy!

Nice collection.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    I used to have a nice collection of NES games...then it got stolen. I shall miss thee Golden Zelda cartridges!
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Took me 6 years to 'beat' Zelda 2 (And by beat, I mean get to Thunderbird and die horribly), but it was okay.

Solstice 2 - Equinox is a favorite in my SNES collection; I wonder how Solstice plays (You should do a review on that one).

Also, no Xenophobe?! Blasphemy!

Nice collection.
    Thanks guys. I appreciate you watching.

I want to do a Solstice review sometime, but I kind of have a rule that I have to beat games that I do big reviews on. I haven't beaten Solstice yet.

Also, I've never played Xenophobe. I've seen some reviews on it, and it looks interesting.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    That brings back some memories. I have box buried in one of the closests that has my old NES games (including both gold Zelda cartridges ) but I no longer have an NES, and the older-style consoles would be hard to hook up to modern televisons anyway. I think the games I miss playing the most, however, would have to be Pool Of Radiance. I never could beat it, but it was always fun to try.
    @CJC , I hate to say this, but the NES version of Xenophobe was the true blasphemy. Try playing the actual arcade version and you'll see what I mean.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    This brings back some memories. I still own some old NES game (including both gold-cartridge Zelda games) but haven't had an actual NES console in ages. And by the way, @CJC , the Nintendo version of Xenophobe was the blasphemy. If you've ever played the arcade version you'll understand what I mean.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%
    Sorry about that. Not a double post above. No one noticed that the original one was moderated and wasn't showing up. Move along now, nothing to see here....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    I miss my original NES collection. And the one I started to replace it. And the one I started to replace that. I didn't have a huge library of games when I was a kid - never had too much money to spend on games, and even when I did, I tended to trade in older games that were either crappy or I didn't play anymore because I had beaten them or whatever. I lost my first collection in 6th grade when we moved out of state and my mom convinced me to give therm to a neighborhood kid on the grounds of, "Well you have a Super Nintendo now, what do you need those old games for?" In middle school, I started a second collection when I stumbled upon a game store that had NES games for super cheap. God I miss the days when you could have Mario/Duck Hunt for $.10 and no game costed more than $10. I lost that collection when I left home for college - I had left my games in storage at my parents' house, and they thought I didn't need them anymore and gave them away. I started a third collection after that point, but lost those games when I became sick and had to move back to my parents' house - I had to have a friend pack all my stuff and ship it for me, and so had no real control over what got shipped (the NES collection was one of the many things missed in the move, because my friend had no real time to get anything but the essentials). Now I have started a new collection, but partly because prices are a lot high now than they used to be, it's a pale shadow of my former collections (only about five games or so). Though then again, I do love the fact that now I own a Ninja-Turtles-painted NES, so there is that.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    I've seen the Ninja Turtle NES. I also liked the original Ninja Turtle game that was released for the NES before they ported the arcade version Double Dragon clone. I never did finish that one--the underwater stage (where you have to defuse the bombs) always got me.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    I still take it as a point of gamer pride that I can still beat the underwater level of TMNT. You basically just have to keep playing it until you memorize where all the bombs are hidden. Also you have to remember to switch to Raph - being the most useless character, sacrificing him affects your progress after the dam level the least. And honestly, ultimately what you have to do is play the level without intending to beat it first - work on memorizing the layout without worrying about the timer, because yeah, you'll end up having to play it again, but the better you know where everything is, the more quickly you can do it. Once you know where every bomb is, it'll be easier to plot out the quickest route, and beat the level. Though even I have never made it past the city stage after the dam - it involves some very tricky jumping in the sewers, finding your way through a maze of buildings, and dealing with unrelenting waves of really tough enemies. I'm getting closer though, I've narrowed down the path I need to take, it's just a matter of getting good enough to make it without taking too much damage.

Sorry, I just went off on a total tangent there.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Thread Information