Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%

Zelda Classic Review: Gamma Testing

Streaming many quests to honor the release of 2.53 Gamma (and to find bugs):

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/nightmarejames

Played and currently scheduled quests:
    1. New Quest 2013 - Completed
    2. James Quest: Remastered
    3. AGN 1st and 2nd Quests - Completed
    4. Zelda NES Remastered - Completed
    5. Revenge 1 (completed) and 2
    6. Randomizer Matthew Bluefox (completed)
    7. Demo Quest SP
    8. Triforce Knight (on hold)
    9. (the last one, others will be added): Liberation of Hyrule

Enjoy people.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-16-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    Whilst I appreciate the stream offer, can you please NOT stream Liberation of Hyrule? Its old and when I made it, I only had a few months of quest making experience under my belt. When I play it now I can see all the faults that should've been fixed.

If you're going to stream, please stream Liberation of Hyrule: Insanity's Extreme instead. Its much better, better music, better graphics, more fights, much better flow/mechanics and the best part is its MUCH more difficult. In fact, if its going to take a while for you to stream, you might want to wait until I release LoH:IE v2.0 which I'm working on right now. Its a major update for LoH:IE and fixes the half-tile weapon offset rule and this is going to make the quest much harder. It'll also have more fights and more content. I'm going to call it Liberation of Hyrule: Insanity Unchained.
    James's three laws of quest making:

1) Quest makers put their tastes and preferences first and everyone else second
    2) The "everyone else second" part can only be implemented if and only if it takes a very short time.
    3) If large amounts of money are being paid for the quest change rule number 1 to "sponsor tastes first and own tastes second" and rule number 2 to "must be implemented even if it takes nearly forever".

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    Whilst I appreciate the stream offer, can you please NOT stream Liberation of Hyrule? Its old and when I made it, I only had a few months of quest making experience under my belt. When I play it now I can see all the faults that should've been fixed.
    I think that nightmare was going to stream it for compatibility tests?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post

If you're going to stream, please stream Liberation of Hyrule: Insanity's Extreme instead. Its much better, better music, better graphics, more fights, much better flow/mechanics and the best part is its MUCH more difficult. In fact, if its going to take a while for you to stream, you might want to wait until I release LoH:IE v2.0 which I'm working on right now. Its a major update for LoH:IE and fixes the half-tile weapon offset rule and this is going to make the quest much harder. It'll also have more fights and more content. I'm going to call it Liberation of Hyrule: Insanity Unchained.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    I think that nightmare was going to stream it for compatibility tests?
    As ZoriaRPG said, this is for compatibility issues. I would be willing to honor your request and not do the first version, and do the second version. Any improved version is out though because of the fact I need to test old compatibility.

Hope that's fair.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    By second version do you mean LoH v1.1 because I made that to fix up a few odd bugs that were causing incompatibility with later ZC versions. Or do you mean LoH:IE that's currently public? LoH:IE was made in 2015 and only updated a few times so it is quite old but I only made it public more recently in 2018.

2) The "everyone else second" part can only be implemented if and only if it takes a very short time.
    3) If large amounts of money are being paid for the quest change rule number 1 to "sponsor tastes first and own tastes second" and rule number 2 to "must be implemented even if it takes nearly forever".

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    LoH: IE.

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    Thanks Nightmare and I wish you the best playing LoH:IE. If you beat it without cheating then you can proudly proclaim that you've beaten the hardest quest on the ZC database. Good luck and I look forward to watching you play (whenever that is).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    Completed AGN 1st and 2nd, Zelda NES Remastered, James Quest: Remastered, Revenge 1, and Rando @Matthew Bluefox , and Demo SP 2.53 completed.

Revenge 2 and Nostalrul on deck

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-19-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Thread Information