Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.06%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    In hindsight you should probably go to the 3rd quest if you died zero times regardless of other things.

We can fix the 3rd quest if there's actually a bug in it. What screen number, and what would the proposed fix be?
    Sorry for let you wait.

One of the problems, to find in Level 6, is in the lower left corner:

In the sandy room (from the start of the level up, right, right, up) you can go up or left. If you go left, you have to defeat same Goriya and Keese to get a key. But if you go up, you are in big troubles. Behind you shuts the 1-way-shutter and there is no bombable wall or a walktrough in this and in the further rooms. If you have no key, you have to reset/save.

And almost worse than this 1-way-shutter problem: If you try it again, of course with the key from the left room, you will find in the locked room a stair who brings you to a room one room up from the start screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    and what would the proposed fix be?
    I think that a change from 1-way-shutter to a normal shutter would be the best and minimal invasive intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    Back OT: @Joeiiii Are there any enemies wthat drop bombs in the area where Link can be locked?
    In the example above it wouldn't not help if it is so.

In Level 9 (4th quest) I'm almost sure, that there could be some bomb dropping enemies. But what does bombs help, if you have no key? There is a stair, in the room below is a 1-way-shutter and in the next room you need a key. Even a million bombs doesn't help if you have no key. Without bombs you have the problem a little bit earlier.

But I love the 4th and Level 9 anyway. A sword, two bombs and one fucking key are enough to get the magic key. I bought 4 keys, because I haven't found the right way. Now i know, that the magic key is "very easy" to find (because NOW I know the way).

Now I'm playing the 5th quest. Quest 3rd.qst and 4th.qst I have played through. My self-made cards of each level are (hopefully) complete. My problem is now: If you ask me something, for example Are there any enemies wthat drop bombs in the area where Link can be locked? and I don't know the answer, I must run Zelda Classic, go to the level and have to look, because I haven't a cheat code or the password for the file. And I don't think that you'll give it to me.
    Last edited by Joeiiii; 01-27-2019 at 06:14 PM.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    Looks like you're right Zoria - I just copied the old build from 1.92 and it runs fine. But why would Alpha change it like that given his quest was finished under 1.92? Was he the one who changed it? And if so, did he know about this issue when he changed it?
    I'm afraid that I do not know the answer here. I opened it to fo a bug with Dodongo sfx introduced by the enginem, but it had already been dsaved in 2.50.1 before that.

My edit fixed that one issue, and it did not affect the original password.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.42%
    There are a number of changes to 3rd.qst in the SVn history, but there's virtually no information about any of them. The logs suggest there were some design changes, but there's no specific information. And it looks like all that's left of the old repo is the logs, so there's no way to investigate anything we didn't write down.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    Why don't you just release the original 1.92 version with all the ZC builds? If there are bugs with it then you can just check the quest rule about correct enemy weapon offset?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    Something like that can be done in the Quest DB. Just "Request an Old Quest" in my Discord, I have a copy.

@James24 , your quest request has been fulfilled.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-29-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Thread Information