14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    Ah I see. Simply suppressing people's ability or means to say what's on their mind does not mean that they truly accept the game. They probably still think its a 0 or 1 star game but just can't communicate it to you - that's all. And in a way it does make sense that a free developer would supress people's ability to communicate to them what they think of the quest. It doesn't matter what they think or what they want - the game was purely made for the enjoyment of the free developer. What people want is irrelevant as long as they aren't prepared to pay for it or spend the time making it themselves.

I personally think people should be able to express what they think. At least you know what's on their mind and I can deal with a few harsh words. With this system of suppression, you can potentially lose valuable information and insights which you might otherwise overlook.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    Ah I see. Simply suppressing people's ability or means to say what's on their mind does not mean that they truly accept the game. They probably still think its a 0 or 1 star game but just can't communicate it to you - that's all. And in a way it does make sense that a free developer would supress people's ability to communicate to them what they think of the quest. It doesn't matter what they think or what they want - the game was purely made for the enjoyment of the free developer. What people want is irrelevant as long as they aren't prepared to pay for it or spend the time making it themselves.

I personally think people should be able to express what they think. At least you know what's on their mind and I can deal with a few harsh words. With this system of suppression, you can potentially lose valuable information and insights which you might otherwise overlook.
    It doesn't, but without a HIGHLY VISIBLE rating, it keeps them from disuading others from trying it, or at least makes it harder. I'm okay with people being able to express dissenting opinions, what I am NOT okay with, is dipshits having the ability to turn people away out of spite by just clicking a rating, or people with the stupidest of complaints (i.e. I played your game like an idiot, that's your fault and not mine, 0 stars) being able to do the same.

Or TLDR - Ratings are too easily abused and I don't wanna deal with that.
    Last edited by Anarchy_Balsac; 04-14-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    Your statements are highly contradictory. You say you are okay with people expressing dissenting opinions but a dissenting opinion by very definition has the potential to turn people away. Even if you suppress their ratings, people are still able to communicate through other means and they will surely tell others what they truly think there. And if a site gets a reputation for suppressing or altering user opinions/ratings then it loses all credibility. I don't take any rating on purezc seriously anymore ever since the Lunaria scandal and now this.

I don't think a highly visible bad rating turns your target audience away from the game anyway. I mean when I picked up Armageddon Quest it was 2 stars. When I picked up your quest it wasn't rated at all probably because you deleted the bad ratings. And Type B players know about and most have played LoH and LoH:IE and the initial rating bombings from type A players didn't deter them. It did deter other type A players though and I think that is a good thing - type B quests should not be played by type A players simply because the two camps have very different ideas of what is good enjoyment.

Finally, I don't see why it really matters to you so much that other people play your game or not. Did you make the game to please others? If yes, then you'd be playing by their rules and making the next Lost Isle. If no, then why would you care? I agree that its a nice feeling if someone says they like your game but it pales in comparison to your own enjoyment and satisfaction of playing your own work.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Your statements are highly contradictory. You say you are okay with people expressing dissenting opinions but a dissenting opinion by very definition has the potential to turn people away.
    The problem is this assumes people are simple, and they are not. Yes, a negative opinion can turn people away too, but those not too lazy to read said opinion are more likely to think about it critically. Said lazy people are NOT too lazy to just judge something by a rating, however.

The point is, matters involving people are far more complex than your post indicates.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    The "lazy" people as you call them are the type A players who like to judge everything quickly by appearance. In this case, they make a quick judgement based on ratings never stopping to think anything more. Type B players can often see past appearances, quick ratings, graphics and think critically.

You acknowledged it before: you only hoped to win over a niche Type B audience. So what does it matter whether a type A player is dissuaded from playing your quest because of other type A player's 0-star ratings? I say that that's a healthy situation - the people who your quest is not targeted at are not playing and probably for the greater good. The type B audience who can see past these kinds of ratings things will still play your quest regardless of type A review-bombings.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    It's kind of true, I don't judge anything based off of ratings alone. In fact, when I first messed around with ZC most of the quests I played were about 3/5 at the most. Trinkets, relics, and trash--to each his own.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    The "lazy" people as you call them are the type A players who like to judge everything quickly by appearance. In this case, they make a quick judgement based on ratings never stopping to think anything more. Type B players can often see past appearances, quick ratings, graphics and think critically.

You acknowledged it before: you only hoped to win over a niche Type B audience. So what does it matter whether a type A player is dissuaded from playing your quest because of other type A player's 0-star ratings? I say that that's a healthy situation - the people who your quest is not targeted at are not playing and probably for the greater good. The type B audience who can see past these kinds of ratings things will still play your quest regardless of type A review-bombings.
    I'm not so sure about that, laziness transcends all types. It may be that type B's are LESS likely to be turned off by bad ratings, but I doubt they are entirely immune, at least on the whole.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%
    I think all type B players know what's going on and know exactly how the ratings system works. My evidence: LoH:IE is widely accepted by the type B community despite the review-bombings of LoH. Ratings that are dominated by a type A audience and have lost all credibility as I said before.

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    You did it because you were pissed that you had to stop derailing my Let's Play thread,
    I don't get a shit about your LP thread, asides from you changing the name to harass me. Though your LP thread was what convinced me to give your quest a go when I noticed "2.50.2 FUCK SAFFITH" in one of them (which was what convinced me you still had beef with Saffith), and I ended up disliking it, for reasons other than this binary type A/B nonsense (sorry James, I don't believe you can narrow down people into just 4 groups, much less 2, unless you get really specific. See the LGBT movement). You seem to think this is all about you and your LPs, when in reality it's about your shitty quest. If you're soooooo attached to your LPs to the point of delusions and are absolutely convinced I dislike bombed them, I can show you what dislike bombing is, and bomb you all the way down to the center of the earth, bitch.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I don't get a shit about your LP thread, asides from you changing the name to harass me. Though your LP thread was what convinced me to give your quest a go when I noticed "2.50.2 FUCK SAFFITH" in one of them (which was what convinced me you still had beef with Saffith),
    THEY WERE OLD VIDEOS you idiot, I didn't even remember that was in there, and the NEWER ones, since you failed to notice, clearly DID NOT have it. And I was talking about you derailing the thread HERE, where the title WASN'T changed, you dumb fuck. Even the one on Pure was only changed after your ratings bombing, and only so the admins there would delete it.

So you're trying to claim you started crap with me in the first place, for:

1. Something that DIDN'T happen until LONG AFTER you started your crap.

2. A minor misunderstanding about stuff that was in VERY OLD videos, which you could have easily brought up with me in a calm manner and quashed this whole thing about.
    Last edited by Chris Miller; 04-19-2018 at 01:09 AM. Reason: no

Thread Information